Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28931144
No new orders today 13200032
Stupid MLS comments. 3502573
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1316813
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1156090
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1111135
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 896144
Let's talk about our cars 744954
Most common items found at an REO 673583
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 660019
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 657767
REOTRANS 502609
Main Street 481725
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 446001
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 383621
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 361811
Evalonline 300214
Land America 285054
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#463355 - 01/19/19 09:25 AM Vermont's Obit (Dale C. Hittle)
barb43 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: SW Okla
Since Vermont was such a pillar of this community, I thought it would be appropriate to share his obituary here in Shooting the Breeze.

https://www.holcomb-desgroseilliers.com/notices/Dale-Hittle

WHEELOCK- Dale Charles Hittle, 71, died suddenly at his home in Wheelock, Vermont in the early hours of December 25th, 2018.

He came into this world in the last hour of April 3rd, 1947. He was the first child of Leo and Elizabeth Hittle.

He let no grass grow under his feet. He collected recyclables before it was fashionable: scrap metal, paper and bottles. Looking for a more reliable income he had an early morning paper route delivering The Milwaukee Journal. When the paper's printers went on an extended strike he got a job setting bowling pins. This was in a time when pins were close to 4 pounds each. This was all before he was 15 years old.

From attending Boys Tech High School in Milwaukee he joined the Marines in 1964. He served for 6 years seeing being stationed in Vietnam.

Upon return he graduated from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. Then he went on to gain a Masters of Business Administration degree from Northeastern University in Boston, Mass.

From this point on Dale was in full sail mode. The purchase of a home in Medford, Mass. and the fun of exercising his first dog - Sasha, he was introduced to The Middlesex Fells Reservation just a short walk from home. He was an active member of "The Friends of The Fells". A citizens' group active in the conservation of that 2,200 acres and its many bodies of water there in.

His interest in conservation led to converting his second home to the power of solar panels and promoting others - businesses and private homes to do the same.

During the early years in Massachusetts a lodge in Cabot, Vermont won his heart for the Northeast Kingdom. The lodge became a long weekend haunt which led to moving here to be a resident of Vermont in the 80's.

Shortly after the move, when it was clear that being in the NEK was going to be all and more than was experienced as a vacationer, Dale threw himself into helping others to find the "right" place for themselves. His enthusiasm for his work was represented by his license plate "Create". Through his years in real estate sales he felt he helped others to create their dreams here.

Dale was a strong, independent, quiet person. This occupation provided the opportunity to meet many people who had similar interests outside of real estate which he enjoyed. He felt fortunate to have many people in his life who were: younger and older, male and female; small business and larger, academic and hands on to fill his life with good conversation, information, help and friendship.

He is survived by his wife of 48 years, Barbara: his sisters and brother - Sheila (Tom) West, Lee (Rick) Reynolds, Tom Hittle and Darlene (Duane) Grandbois.

The des Groseilliers Funeral Home is in care of arrangements and will include details of Dale’s services at dgfunerals.com. Due to the weather conditions in the Northeast Kingdom and the desire of Dale's family in southern states wishing to attend, a memorial service is being planned for late March or early April. The date will also be announced in a future edition of The Chronicle and The Hardwick Gazette.

LIMITATIONS: Until You Spread Your Wings, You'll Have No Idea How Far You Can Walk. - despair.com

Advertisements
#463359 - 01/19/19 03:50 PM Re: Vermont's Obit (Dale C. Hittle) [Re: barb43]
Analog Man Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Tampa Bay
Thanks Barb for posting this. I've been on AOL on a regular basis since 2007. Vermont's insight and perception of things were always spot on. I always made sure my spelling and grammar were correct on my posts, as he could be notorious for pointing out those errors. It's just who he was, and he made me a better contributor because of that.

In the declining popularity of this message board, Vermont stayed a constant. Because of that he will be missed greatly, and no one will be able to fill his shoes.

RIP Dale, you were a wonderful advisor to many, let alone myself.

#463363 - 01/20/19 07:19 AM Re: Vermont's Obit (Dale C. Hittle) [Re: barb43]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
May he rest in peace.

#463365 - 01/20/19 09:28 AM Re: Vermont's Obit (Dale C. Hittle) [Re: barb43]
JohnN Offline

Loc: Minnesota
RIP Dale, I always enjoyed his insights.

#463373 - 01/20/19 04:33 PM Re: Vermont's Obit (Dale C. Hittle) [Re: Analog Man]
barb43 Offline
Veteran Member

You're quite welcome, Analog Man.

LIMITATIONS: Until You Spread Your Wings, You'll Have No Idea How Far You Can Walk. - despair.com

#463396 - 01/23/19 06:22 PM Re: Vermont's Obit (Dale C. Hittle) [Re: barb43]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Dang. Sad to hear. :-(

#463507 - 02/06/19 04:28 PM Re: Vermont's Obit (Dale C. Hittle) [Re: barb43]
Alexandra Offline

Loc: USA
So sorry to read this. He will indeed be missed!

#463508 - 02/06/19 04:39 PM Re: Vermont's Obit (Dale C. Hittle) [Re: barb43]
Alexandra Offline

Loc: USA
I was following up on some old threads and came across this gem from Vermont. This was in reference to someone complaining about the fee and TAT.

"For a mere $15.00, they lose the right to use that Buggy Whip on the Horses".

#463705 - 03/01/19 04:40 PM Re: Vermont's Obit (Dale C. Hittle) [Re: barb43]
barb43 Offline
Veteran Member

Vermont was good at turning a phrase!

#465044 - 05/29/19 06:07 AM Re: Vermont's Obit (Dale C. Hittle) [Re: barb43]
TheTexasGal Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: ^
Im just finding this today. I have been wondering where he has been. Rest in peace Dale.

#465115 - 06/04/19 06:26 AM Re: Vermont's Obit (Dale C. Hittle) [Re: TheTexasGal]
Long Walk Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
In an odd coincidence, assuming you believe in such things, I grew up over the mountain from where Dale lived in Wheelock, VT. I left home about the time he moved to the area, so we never met. I often thought of connecting with him, but I never got around to it.

Dale certainly had a way with words that encouraged people to listen and to read his posts.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
KJINX, steveholt_tsl, jthames909, Ezra Peachey, Mr Fern
30878 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 35
Z06Fanatic 15
realestategreat 14
estatereal 12
Mr. Clean 12
OahuAgent 8
Bigtoe 7
Trouble 6
Long Walk 5