Listing a home that has been professionally lifted

Posted by: JeannieF55

Listing a home that has been professionally lifted - 03/14/18 09:49 AM

Good Morning!

I am about to list a property in my community that was professionally lifted, 14 new pylons 4' deep installed, new drain tile around the home's foundation, to the tune of $45K. It has a transferable warranty and was done by a reputable company.

How do I include this information in the listing? or do I just include it in the disclosures and provide the documentation before/after an offer has been made?

Side note: During the raising process, a couple of the doorways sustained cracks (home is old, walls are plaster) - so I know it will have to be addressed early in the game.

I'd love to hear what the 'experts' think!

Thank you!
Posted by: barb43

Re: Listing a home that has been professionally lifted - 03/14/18 10:00 AM

Foundation repairs with a transferable warranty are a positive selling point in this area.

This usually shows up in the listing in at least the Realtor (private)Remarks section, or in the Realtor Remarks and Public Remarks. It is also typically noted on the Residential Property Condition Disclosure form.
Posted by: JeannieF55

Re: Listing a home that has been professionally lifted - 03/14/18 11:30 AM

thank you! our community is very old so this isn't entirely unusual, just wasn't sure where to mention it. I don't want to scare off any potential buyers who don't know what it entails.
Posted by: Vermont

Re: Listing a home that has been professionally lifted - 03/14/18 03:20 PM

Is that a whole new foundation . . . . such that it can be considered a positive feature for an old house ?
Posted by: Bigtoe

Re: Listing a home that has been professionally lifted - 03/15/18 10:53 AM

Like Barb says, put it in the broker notes
Posted by: VABroker

Re: Listing a home that has been professionally lifted - 03/15/18 06:51 PM

You'd certainly disclose it when a contract came in before the sellers signed; but, yeah, if you can squeeze a Note in the Agent Remarks, I'd be doing that. Even in Public Remarks you could state "basement structure completely re-done". At least that gives a clue to the public.
Posted by: barb43

Re: Listing a home that has been professionally lifted - 03/16/18 01:59 AM

Foundation repairs are a + in this area because the ground shifts so much. If we're in a drought period, everything dries out & foundations crack. It's fairly standard procedure to permit people to water, even encourage people to water, their foundations so they won't crack. <-- that's during periods of water restriction.

We also have a lot of high winds. And we've had earthquakes, but not so many of late.

One of the foundation repair companies told us: "There are only 2 types of houses in this area. Those with foundation issues, and those that don't have foundation issues YET!"