find out what state an angent is licensed in

Posted by: moonstone

find out what state an angent is licensed in - 04/04/18 09:45 PM

how do i find out what state an agent is licensed in?
Posted by: Vermont

Re: find out what state an angent is licensed in - 04/04/18 11:38 PM

Start with the Licensing Board, or Secretary of State of the jurisdiction s/he's most likely Licensed in, and failing that, move out geographically from there, through the adjacent States until you hit paydirt.

Or you could just ask him or her, and then check to verify that it's true . . . . what State is this party attempting to do business in . . . . that could be a clue ?
Posted by: Long Walk

Re: find out what state an angent is licensed in - 04/05/18 01:56 AM

Hi Moonstone--

If they are practicing in your state, call the real estate commission or check the licensee lookup portal online. Most states have this and I know that NH does.

If they are not practicing, you will have to check state by state. That is, unless that person tells you which, if any, state has licensed them. Unfortunately, there is no national database for real estate licensees.
Posted by: Bigtoe

Re: find out what state an angent is licensed in - 04/05/18 11:19 AM

Arello dot com

Re: find out what state an angent is licensed in - 04/05/18 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigtoe
Arello dot com
Thanks, BigToe -- that link was pure money. It never occurred to me that such a thing would exist and I never heard anyone mention it. I checked a few records (like me) and they looked right on. Thanks for posting that.
Posted by: Bigtoe

Re: find out what state an angent is licensed in - 04/07/18 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Long Walk
Thanks, BigToe -- that link was pure money. It never occurred to me that such a thing would exist and I never heard anyone mention it. I checked a few records (like me) and they looked right on. Thanks for posting that.

You are welcome!

Originally Posted By: Long Walk
Unfortunately, there is no national database for real estate licensees.

be careful about making statements on things you are not sure about, people make decsisions based on what we say.

Re: find out what state an angent is licensed in - 04/07/18 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigtoe
be careful about making statements on things you are not sure about, people make decsisions based on what we say.

Good counsel and well received. Thanks for the link and the correction. I will make use of both.