Can't Get Clear Title Because of Judgment Lien

Posted by: debodun

Can't Get Clear Title Because of Judgment Lien - 03/22/13 08:50 PM

I am executor of a relative's estate. There is a snag in selling the house because of a judgment lien on a credit card debt which means there isn't a clean title to the property. The estate attorney says that although the bank statement shows $0 on the debt, they haven't filed a satisfaction and he says he doesn't know how long, if ever, it will take. I am baffled that the attorney can't seem to get this worked out. I tried calling the bank myself weeks ago only to be told they would "look into it". Is there anything that can be done to expedite this?
Posted by: Vermont

Re: Can't Get Clear Title Because of Judgment Lien - 03/22/13 09:29 PM

You're needing to feel somewhat lucky that the Bank involved is still in business. That is a good thing.

At least now you stand some chance of getting one of their Officers to sign a "Release" or "Discharge" on the Lien.

You should be able to "spoon feed" your Attorney with the contact information so that this can be achieved post haste.
Posted by: Malok

Re: Can't Get Clear Title Because of Judgment Lien - 05/10/13 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Vermont
You're needing to feel somewhat lucky that the Bank involved is still in business. That is a good thing.

At least now you stand some chance of getting one of their Officers to sign a "Release" or "Discharge" on the Lien.

You should be able to "spoon feed" your Attorney with the contact information so that this can be achieved post haste.

All true. You just have to be persistent...and nice. Hopefully you can get it worked out soon.