Search Function

Posted by: Roadfrontage

Search Function - 04/09/18 07:28 PM

I've been struggling to get results from the forum search. I tried to search for a post that I made, and even that wouldn't come up. Is there a trick to it?
Posted by: Vermont

Re: Search Function - 04/09/18 07:55 PM

To find one of your Posts (there are only five (5), just click on your TagName and your get a summary Profile . . . . which will include an option to "Show User's Posts"; click on that and it'll render a list of all five from which you can choose the one of interest.
Posted by: doug

Re: Search Function - 04/09/18 09:06 PM

There are a couple of issues affecting your ability to search for your posts.

First, your posts are in a private forum and as it states just under the Google Custom Search box "to search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below."

Second, the Search function doesn't do well with three letter words ( a limitation of PHP) which is the name in your post and likely what you are typing in the search box.
Posted by: Roadfrontage

Re: Search Function - 04/09/18 10:33 PM

Thanks. It must have been the three letter name. I did a couple of searches for companies with three letter names and was unsuccessful. I didn't make the connection because there were other words in the search box.
I was only looking for my post to see if it would show up as a search result, but that too has a three letter name...