Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29223211
No new orders today 13245045
Stupid MLS comments. 3535137
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1340010
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1181998
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1125534
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 910602
Let's talk about our cars 762168
Most common items found at an REO 689137
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 673895
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 667851
REOTRANS 512748
Main Street 498893
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 454716
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 390703
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 368202
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285056
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 892 of 894 < 1 2 ... 890 891 892 893 894 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#466261 - 12/02/19 05:25 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Champy]
OahuAgent Offline

Loc: Honolulu, HI
Originally Posted By: Champy
Hi Everyone,

Love this forum, read every page. Going through it made me wonder where Perky_Realtor and others are now. Lucky and others are heroes in my book.

Not new to the business, but spent the last four years going to school and working with SOI/Referrals only. Prior to school worked on a big team prospecting expireds/fsbo. Last month moved across the country to Boulder Co, got licensed and currently meeting with brokerages before choosing. Want to start building a serious business overtime through cold calling/expireds/fsbos and mailers/emails to database etc. Starting from zero I have little responsibility that would keep me from calling all day everyday.

I had a few questions about the calling set up I was hoping to get the groups insight on.

1. At this time, are the quality of calls using Mojo better using a landline and a headset like Sennheiser Office Runner or is calling from an iPhone and using Airpods just as good in 2019/2020?

2. What headsets are best these days that I should take into consideration? Lucky spoke highly of Sennheiser Office Runner but that was years ago not sure if another choice would be better.

3. Mojo says a reliable internet connection is needed for use, pretty sure I got that covered. Is there any thing else in your experience that increases the performance/ makes life easier when it comes the technology part of using Mojo better?

4. Many comments in the forum say that Mojo lead store is just ok when pulling numbers for cold calling (outdated) etc. What is the best way to get the most updated/accurate phone numbers in the US that can be imported into Mojo?

Since my license in not yet active I have plenty of time to research this stuff but any help in pointing me in the right direction would be great.

Thank you and lets all work hard and accomplish our 2020 production goals!

I use theRedx.com They are currently offering a Cyber Monday sale. I'd recommend a triple line dialer, geoleads, and expireds. It's month to month and no contract so you can cancel if you hate it.

I use my computer and Office Runner headset and dail through google voice and it's fine. You can call from your cell phone on speaker if you like. I like the Office Runner headset because of the noise cancelling mike allows me to listen to music at low volume while calling without the other party hearing.

Advertisements
#466262 - 12/02/19 05:35 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
OahuAgent Offline

Loc: Honolulu, HI
Originally Posted By: Trouble
Oahu Agent
It's perfect weather in "paradise" to door knock
Not so much in canada. We have about 8 weeks out of 52 that it's decent enough weather to door knock.

Bill Nasby was a successful door knocker in Canada. He knocked in the rain and he knocked in the snow, made no difference to him.

#466264 - 12/02/19 03:29 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: CathCoy]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: CathCoy
Z06Fanatic posted this a few months ago:

It comes down to your big why. Why are you willing to make hours and hours of calls, day in day out, for years? For me, I see this as a path to financial freedom. I'm sick of barely paying the bills, worrying about money, etc. I'll do whatever it takes to achieve this. Sitting in an air-conditioned room with a headset is not that hard to do. Most agents don't produce because they have someone supporting them, have family money, or don't have big goals/dreams. I do.

I made a poster of this and hung it on my office wall.

Ha did you really? I'm honored - but really I think we all have a duty to be highly successful - for ourselves, for our families, or to even help out the less fortunate in parts of the world that don't even have the opportunities we do. It's amazing when Americans complain about not having money, its too tough etc - there's so many ways to become successful in this country its mind blowing. Just need to do the work and stop being a [censored]

#466266 - 12/02/19 11:30 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
CathCoy Offline

Loc: California
I did, really, because your why and the reasons for your why were so poignantly expressed. Another thing I do--to which you just now alluded--is occasionally watch a YouTube video about homelessness. "There but for the grace of God go I" but, seriously, many of the homeless people interviewed are homeless because they simply haven't applied themselves. This is America (or Canada), for cryin' out loud! So many opportunities to fulfill one's dreams if you will just work hard.

#466267 - 12/03/19 04:42 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: CathCoy]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: CathCoy
I did, really, because your why and the reasons for your why were so poignantly expressed. Another thing I do--to which you just now alluded--is occasionally watch a YouTube video about homelessness. "There but for the grace of God go I" but, seriously, many of the homeless people interviewed are homeless because they simply haven't applied themselves. This is America (or Canada), for cryin' out loud! So many opportunities to fulfill one's dreams if you will just work hard.

This thread is the perfect example of laziness in America. Lucky and others have laid out every detail on how to be successful in Real Estate - you don't need to reinvent the wheel, the roadmap is right in front of you yet Agents won't follow it. You don't need to pick up a shovel, work outside in 15 degree weather, or even take years of schooling, you just have to wear a headset in a warm office and sit on the computer. Can't get any easier.

#466268 - 12/03/19 05:26 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
OMG! I am absolutely blown away by how important and efficient it is for me to recall my list 3-4 times in a row before moving on. Every time I do, I keep picking up leads, in a more concentrated area, thereby not needing such a large geographic area.
There are so many beneficial synergistic nuances to doing this. Its eye opening to say the least.

#466269 - 12/04/19 01:44 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Lucky Leonardo
OMG! I am absolutely blown away by how important and efficient it is for me to recall my list 3-4 times in a row before moving on. Every time I do, I keep picking up leads, in a more concentrated area, thereby not needing such a large geographic area.
There are so many beneficial synergistic nuances to doing this. Its eye opening to say the least.

I've never done this ... why do you think this matters?

#466273 - 12/05/19 04:02 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
T.T. Offline

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz

Yeah, I thought we were just calling lists through once every 2-3 months...? Will have to try.

Who else is hitting some good December numbers? Expired listing taken Saturday, listing taken Monday from a cold call on Friday, and a FSBO appointment for this afternoon... shooting for three in a week!

I've adopted a much more relaxed attitude with FSBOs and it seems to be helping, but I still struggle immensely with them.

#466275 - 12/05/19 05:07 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA

When you call 3-4 times in a row, you experience the following benefits;

-you contact a larger percentage of the geographic area,

-many times I have contacted close to 50% of the list on the 4th pass,

-its better to contact the largest percentage of your list, rather than only contacting 10-15%,

-by calling 3-4 times some people who do not recognize the number will pick up out of curiosity.

-many people will take you more seriously because they will notice your persistence, tenacity and professionalism,

-you will reach some people who were not available the previous pass thru the list,

-you will fill your pipeline with more leads from your preferred geographic instead of moving onto less preferred areas just for the sake of making more contacts

-instead of requiring a calling list of say 50,000 you can use a calling list of say, 30,000,

-because you are contacting more of the list, you will increase the odds of contacting previous prospects that were in the incubation phase, they will recognize you, you will be more credible to them,

-by filling your pipeline with more leads in a smaller geographic area, you will be working the areas you are the most familiar with,

-more leads in smaller preferred areas increases synergy and spin offs in many ways. Increased double ending, increase your percentage of listings taken, increased credibility, increased sign calls, increased come list me calls, less driving, on and on!

#466276 - 12/05/19 07:04 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
T.T. Offline

When you call 3-4 times in a row, you experience the following benefits;

-you contact a larger percentage of the geographic area,

-many times I have contacted close to 50% of the list on the 4th pass,

-its better to contact the largest percentage of your list, rather than only contacting 10-15%,

-by calling 3-4 times some people who do not recognize the number will pick up out of curiosity.

-many people will take you more seriously because they will notice your persistence, tenacity and professionalism,

-you will reach some people who were not available the previous pass thru the list,

-you will fill your pipeline with more leads from your preferred geographic instead of moving onto less preferred areas just for the sake of making more contacts

-instead of requiring a calling list of say 50,000 you can use a calling list of say, 30,000,

-because you are contacting more of the list, you will increase the odds of contacting previous prospects that were in the incubation phase, they will recognize you, you will be more credible to them,

-by filling your pipeline with more leads in a smaller geographic area, you will be working the areas you are the most familiar with,

-more leads in smaller preferred areas increases synergy and spin offs in many ways. Increased double ending, increase your percentage of listings taken, increased credibility, increased sign calls, increased come list me calls, less driving, on and on!

I'm interested to hear that you make multiple passes with the same callback number- do you not find this starts getting you picked up by anti-telemarketing bots or marked as "spam likely"/"telemarker"? I find that after several hours of dialing I start getting picked up by a service called Nomorobo that's fairly prevalent where I live.

#466277 - 12/05/19 07:31 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: T.T.]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Why not just use different throw away phone numbers? To Lucky's point - I would think the contact ratio will decrease every time you call through a list back to back, but there's a lot of advantages to getting business in a tighter radius. You'll get way more spin off business and is sort of like long term farming.

#466278 - 12/05/19 07:34 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: T.T.]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: T.T.

Yeah, I thought we were just calling lists through once every 2-3 months...? Will have to try.

Who else is hitting some good December numbers? Expired listing taken Saturday, listing taken Monday from a cold call on Friday, and a FSBO appointment for this afternoon... shooting for three in a week!

I've adopted a much more relaxed attitude with FSBOs and it seems to be helping, but I still struggle immensely with them.

Is your FSBO appointment a straight listing appointment or do you feel them out and if they sound like they might use an Agent soon you set up a showing? I haven't done much with FSBOs - we don't have that many in my area, and frankly I think they're a longer process then expireds. I'm thinking the best strategy is to feel them out on the phone seeing if they will use an Agent soon and if so set up a time to look at the property.

#466279 - 12/05/19 07:40 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
T.T. Offline

Originally Posted By: Z06Fanatic

Is your FSBO appointment a straight listing appointment or do you feel them out and if they sound like they might use an Agent soon you set up a showing? I haven't done much with FSBOs - we don't have that many in my area, and frankly I think they're a longer process then expireds. I'm thinking the best strategy is to feel them out on the phone seeing if they will use an Agent soon and if so set up a time to look at the property.

It's a proper listing appointment, contacted him the week before thanksgiving and he said he'd be out of town until this current week but was going to list the house with an agent. It's me vs. a referral he has from his buyer's agent in another state he's buying in.

I've found if I'm dialing FSBO and they seem like an a$$hole it's best to hang up on them quickly, but a small percentage are really friendly and tell you in the first call that they're planning on listing eventually, just giving it a go on their own or waiting for a certain time period to elapse. I certainly don't find it's good to press them hard like I would an expired, FSBOs already have it in their mind that agents suck. The expireds you just have to convince that their previous agent sucked, which is easy if it's demonstrably true.

#466280 - 12/05/19 09:26 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
sualk54 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hamilton, ON
Lucky- I'm intrigued

Do you call back the WHOLE list, including the ones you spoke to recently?

Or just call back the missed #'s?

#466281 - 12/05/19 10:43 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: sualk54]
T.T. Offline

Originally Posted By: sualk54
Lucky- I'm intrigued

Do you call back the WHOLE list, including the ones you spoke to recently?

Or just call back the missed #'s?

Just uncontacted, it wouldn't make sense to callback someone the same day or day after they said "no".

Page 892 of 894 < 1 2 ... 890 891 892 893 894 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
esedndwi, Regis, Adrian75K, Semi, Breezy LL
31035 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (OrlandoAgent, 1 invisible), 101 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Z06Fanatic 20
Lucky Leonardo 15
CathCoy 14
realestategreat 13
T.T. 12
OahuAgent 10
RATKOS 7
Trouble 7
Semi 6