Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29209927
No new orders today 13243941
Stupid MLS comments. 3534052
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1339432
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1180839
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1123985
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 910269
Let's talk about our cars 761466
Most common items found at an REO 687904
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 673567
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 667519
REOTRANS 512398
Main Street 497804
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 453959
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 389512
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 367466
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285056
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 889 of 893 < 1 2 ... 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#466179 - 11/15/19 06:16 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Z06Fanatic]
T.T. Offline

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: Z06Fanatic

Yoo btw you coppin that C8 my ninja?

Advertisements
#466181 - 11/15/19 12:19 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: OahuAgent]
realestategreat Online   content

Loc: MA
Thanks Oahu

#466182 - 11/15/19 12:26 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Scagent]

Great job! What script do you use?

#466183 - 11/15/19 02:37 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: realestategreat]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: realestategreat
My broker actually still sells but it's only people who are referred to him as he was a top producer before he opened the brokerage. Maybe people answered the phone more when he did it. I know answer rates have gone down in general. Thank you for the encouraging words and great idea about the withdrawns. We are forbidden from calling them also but wouldn't they pop up as an expired anyway once the listing period is over?

Your broker probably has some kind of ego - think about why he's a Broker now vs an Agent - he didn't switch to being a Broker because he was making too much money as an Agent. If he was getting an appointment every 1.5 hours and closing even 25% of those appointments he'd take probably 200 listings a year - such nonsense. Take what you see online with a grain of salt - there's a lot of gurus selling garbage, people lieing about their results, etc.

#466184 - 11/15/19 02:42 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: OahuAgent]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: OahuAgent
Originally Posted By: OahuAgent
I have also been reading Tim Heyl's story and how he cold called his way to massive success. He said he concentrated on getting five 'nurture'leads a day which were people who wanted him to follow up and gave him his contact info and had motivation to move in the reasonable future. So in addition to paying attention to cold call contacts, I was going to try and model after him and try to get 5 nurtures a day and maybe an appointment from cold calling! They say you get what you focus on so...

You can look at the dials you are making. If you have nothing to do that day, 1000 dials should be achievable. I would only wory about how many dials I can finish in a day.

All markets are different. I'd never try to compare number of listings or leads to another agent because it's going to be unique to your market. Just do the work and the ratios will appear. You can try to improve from there by making small adaptations.

You might adjust words or shorten scripts or lengthen scripts experiment with openings.

I think most people underestimate the number of calls required. Some people will say you should set 1 appointment for every 10 contacts. They don't know your market and they don't know who you are calling so to say that is ignorant.

Very true - if you're calling the middle of nowhere where average homes are 125k vs calling where average homes are 1m of course the numbers will vary wildly. For me I think I get an appointment on expireds roughly every 25-30 true contacts - I would say my average price point is about 500k. I think the bottom line is if you're not on appointments you should be spending 4-5 hours a day prospecting. Do this at least 5 days a week, and constantly work on improving every aspect. I think if you do this religiously year over year for a long time the results will pour in and success will easily be achievable.

#466185 - 11/15/19 02:57 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: T.T.]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: T.T.
My broker says I should be able to call with the dialer and get an appointment after an hour and a half. I am just beyond frustrated.

That's because your broker is a manager, not a salesperson. I made $1900 my ENTIRE FIRST YEAR as the new agents in the office around me were snatching up deals- we all did the same marketing, mostly letter writing and sponsoring public events as a team. My co-team members got deals more easily than me- one of them left 200 door hangers and got a listing, a bunch of them got listings in their second or third go-round of mailing a particular neighborhood. I knocked on thousands of doors, made 20 door contacts every day and felt like I wasn't getting ANYWHERE. Then all of a sudden I had 3 deals pop on the same street, one of them referred a neighbor for 4 sold listings in one neighborhood, 3 on the same street.

While the other agents on the team were having the team leader come to listing presentations and do the whole thing, I told him to stick back because I wouldn't learn anything unless I actually learned it by doing it myself. 6 months later I had money in the bank, could give a really good listing presentation, paid for dialers and never looked back. Our CURSE (that it's extremely frustrating to get the ball rolling when you start out) is what builds our SKILLS and will take us to higher levels than these agents that magically whip out a few SOI deals in their first few months of doing business.

All this stuff with the team was a year ago. Last week I went into the broker's office and got an award for a monthly listing volume, and found I had listed $200k more in that month than my 8 member team... and I made $1900 my first year on that team while other members were taking $40-100k.

Keep it up, work every day, and focus on the process. The results will come. You're in the right place, just keep working.

Nice job. I did about 30k GCI my first year - took me a year to actually close my first deal! You're 100% right though SOI deals in the beginning are a curse - not only will they give you a false sense of reality, you're probably more likely to prospect less. I think the most dangerous scenario is an Agent who makes around 80-100k/yr who never cold called - they might make enough to just pay the bills, yet aren't motivated enough to step outside their comfort zone as they have that safety net in place. We're all here either because we started with nothing and had no choice to survive, or are insanely motivated and want to achieve big things. We're probably all in the 1%.

#466186 - 11/15/19 07:35 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]

Thanks Z06. Good to see some sort of number for listings to expireds spoken to. I think going forward I'm going to call the new ones first thing early in the morning and then if I don't get in touch with them just pick a day a week and go see a bunch of them at the door and then spend the rest of my time cold calling. I think 1,000 numbers dialed a day or there abouts is probably about right.

#466187 - 11/15/19 08:01 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
Scagent Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Agree in that we all (by cold calling) are learning very important skills. Knowing how to talk to people, what to say and when to say it, weeding out the tire kickers from the serious people. All these are vital skills to an agent's success and I think is very underrated.

Just from my limited experience I can pretty much tell how a conversation is going to go just from the initial response.

I'm sure this has been discussed but we have a MILLION shiny object "easy button" stuff being thrown at us every day. Everybody has the new best CRM that will turn your SOI into money. Or if you just take this person's coaching you will 400% your investment.

Honestly I think it's all crap. 20% of your actions will produce 80% of your results. So by that standard, if you do...

Direct mail
Social media
Buying a billboard
Zillow leads
Cold calling

What 20% of these lead gen tactics will produce 80% of your results?

This business is simple I think, some people just make it complicated. Our highest paying activities are lead gen, appointments, negotiating/transaction management.

So why do anything else?

#466188 - 11/15/19 08:13 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Scagent]

So tru Scagent! I spent a ton of money on online leads and it got me nada! So now I have to grind it out on the phones to make up for lost time and money. I thought it would be a shortcut and it was a huge detour. I just have to grit my teeth and get on the phones consistently.

#466191 - 11/16/19 03:25 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: realestategreat]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Thanks Z06. Good to see some sort of number for listings to expireds spoken to. I think going forward I'm going to call the new ones first thing early in the morning and then if I don't get in touch with them just pick a day a week and go see a bunch of them at the door and then spend the rest of my time cold calling. I think 1,000 numbers dialed a day or there abouts is probably about right.

If I were you I'd get a good data source - try RedX for expireds as its only 60/mo. I would use at least one triple line dialer through Mojo - load up all expireds over the past year to start. Start calling through the list - do this for 4 hours a day. If someone picks up and says they're not selling right now, click them as a contact and call back in 90 days. You're looking to set appointments with people 90 days out or earlier, and possibly take leads that are farther out if the rapport is good. Mojo has an awesome feature where you can only dial leads that have a certain number of call attempts. So say you called someone 8 times with no pickup, you can filter this out. As your call attempts climb on people, don't delete them just use Mojo to only call with X number of attempts or less, maybe 0-10 to start. You can try back the people you've called 20 times for example with no pickup, but these are lower priority. Just my two cents on how I do it.

#466192 - 11/16/19 05:47 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]

Thanks Z06. Yes my expireds go back a couple of years and they are in the dialer. I am using Mojo. I guess I just have to keep trying them.

#466196 - 11/18/19 09:20 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: AnonymousWriter]
Trouble Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: GTA Ontario
Originally Posted By: AnonymousWriter
Hi Lucky,
what do you think about cold calling Condos in GTA?...they're selling like hot cakes.

Call anything and everything!

#466203 - 11/19/19 06:35 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Scagent]
CathCoy Offline

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: Scagent
Agree in that we all (by cold calling) are learning very important skills. Knowing how to talk to people, what to say and when to say it, weeding out the tire kickers from the serious people. All these are vital skills to an agent's success and I think is very underrated.

This book recommendation comes up a lot on Ricky Carruth's Facebook:

Fanatical Prospecting: The Ultimate Guide to Opening Sales Conversations and Filling the Pipeline by Leveraging Social Selling, Telephone, Email, Text, and Cold Calling
https://www.amazon.com/Fanatical-Prospec...5208&sr=8-1

#466208 - 11/20/19 09:47 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Scagent]
CathCoy Offline

Originally Posted By: Scagent
Honestly I think it's all crap. 20% of your actions will produce 80% of your results. So by that standard, if you do...

Direct mail
Social media
Buying a billboard
Zillow leads
Cold calling

What 20% of these lead gen tactics will produce 80% of your results?

Ricky Carruth said that early in his real estate career, he purchased (IIRC) a million email addresses and mailed to them. Today I listened to a webinar about email marketing where some impressive results were claimed--200 filters, unlimited campaigns, unlimited number of emails, an open rate in double digits--all for $697/year.

https://vimeo.com/340171288

Hmmm...

#466209 - 11/20/19 09:52 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: CathCoy]
CathCoy Offline

BTW, the audio quality of this Leitner LH255 dual-ear USB headset is outstanding. Carries a 5-year warranty.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WZPX2D5

Edited by CathCoy (11/20/19 10:48 PM)

Page 889 of 893 < 1 2 ... 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
jmarshallsquare, jeannptns01, s3th1j0hns0n, Andrew Silva, SKB
31030 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (iclassified), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 21
Z06Fanatic 20
realestategreat 17
Lucky Leonardo 15
T.T. 12
OahuAgent 11
Trouble 10
Long Walk 7
RATKOS 4