Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29358234
No new orders today 13262334
Stupid MLS comments. 3545903
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1346959
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1190746
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1130933
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 914858
Let's talk about our cars 768342
Most common items found at an REO 694293
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 679514
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 670033
REOTRANS 516360
Main Street 504403
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 457258
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 392451
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 370454
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285057
Mainstreet 261863
Page 888 of 904 < 1 2 ... 886 887 888 889 890 ... 903 904 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#466164 - 11/14/19 09:41 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Z06Fanatic]
T.T. Offline

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: Z06Fanatic
Originally Posted By: Trouble
Wow, you must have golden script!

Ha - there's plenty of people that would outscript me all day. There's so many guru expired videos where agents are battling 20 different objections that lead to an appointment. The reality is you rarely get objections, and most of these appointments are easy conversations that flow smoothly. I mean really if someone is battling you on the phone for an appointment is that really someone you even want to work with or will realistically sign with you? Probably not.

^This mfka here dials him some expireds... objections don't happen. Smile, dial, be the first to contact them, set an appointment, show up, smile, set realistic expectations, and list em. My script is not anything special. I find my skill level during any dialing period is 100% related to my energy level when I'm dialing and almost nothing else at all.

Advertisements
#466165 - 11/14/19 09:42 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
T.T. Offline

Originally Posted By: Trouble

Hey T.T, I just listed a house for $1,760,000 that I first cold called in Feb. 2017. I was sure that I was going to expire before that house came on the market!!! Follow up is golden.

Get it brotha!

#466166 - 11/14/19 09:45 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
T.T. Offline

Originally Posted By: Z06Fanatic

10/26 - met with him and wife, signed up - 1.2M.

Nice! And I bet $1.2M sells a little easier in your neck of the woods than in mine wink

#466167 - 11/14/19 09:56 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: realestategreat]
T.T. Offline

Originally Posted By: realestategreat
My broker says I should be able to call with the dialer and get an appointment after an hour and a half. I am just beyond frustrated.

That's because your broker is a manager, not a salesperson. I made $1900 my ENTIRE FIRST YEAR as the new agents in the office around me were snatching up deals- we all did the same marketing, mostly letter writing and sponsoring public events as a team. My co-team members got deals more easily than me- one of them left 200 door hangers and got a listing, a bunch of them got listings in their second or third go-round of mailing a particular neighborhood. I knocked on thousands of doors, made 20 door contacts every day and felt like I wasn't getting ANYWHERE. Then all of a sudden I had 3 deals pop on the same street, one of them referred a neighbor for 4 sold listings in one neighborhood, 3 on the same street.

While the other agents on the team were having the team leader come to listing presentations and do the whole thing, I told him to stick back because I wouldn't learn anything unless I actually learned it by doing it myself. 6 months later I had money in the bank, could give a really good listing presentation, paid for dialers and never looked back. Our CURSE (that it's extremely frustrating to get the ball rolling when you start out) is what builds our SKILLS and will take us to higher levels than these agents that magically whip out a few SOI deals in their first few months of doing business.

All this stuff with the team was a year ago. Last week I went into the broker's office and got an award for a monthly listing volume, and found I had listed $200k more in that month than my 8 member team... and I made $1900 my first year on that team while other members were taking $40-100k.

Keep it up, work every day, and focus on the process. The results will come. You're in the right place, just keep working.

#466168 - 11/14/19 10:03 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: realestategreat]
T.T. Offline

I only have 150 in my dialer. Do you mean just calling the same ones over and over?

Make sure you're getting canceled/withdrawn data too- I get about 2-3x more withdrawn listings in my market every day than expireds. I could theoretically dial them each day when they withdraw, but my MLS prohibits it so I go over the withdrawns every morning and set a blank task in Mojo for the day their listing agreement actually terminates.

Now every day I have a couple of tasks to put withdrawn listings into my "canceled/expired re-dial list". It essentially functions as an additional expired dial list, but has the benefit that people I contact on it aren't getting blown up like the daily expireds. You might also have the instance where you're the first to contact a particular expired and they ask you for a callback or to touch base in a day or two. A lot of times this'll leave you dead in the water once they realize how many agents are dialing them and they stop answering their phone. Toss them on the "canceled/expired re-dial list" and you'll probably be able to get a contact in the next few weeks, but it's a lot easier dialing through all of them than having independent follow up calls.

#466169 - 11/14/19 10:10 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: T.T.]
realestategreat Offline

Loc: MA
My broker actually still sells but it's only people who are referred to him as he was a top producer before he opened the brokerage. Maybe people answered the phone more when he did it. I know answer rates have gone down in general. Thank you for the encouraging words and great idea about the withdrawns. We are forbidden from calling them also but wouldn't they pop up as an expired anyway once the listing period is over?

#466170 - 11/14/19 10:12 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: T.T.]
realestategreat Offline

And congratulations on your award!

#466171 - 11/14/19 10:15 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: realestategreat]
realestategreat Offline

I have also been reading Tim Heyl's story and how he cold called his way to massive success. He said he concentrated on getting five 'nurture'leads a day which were people who wanted him to follow up and gave him his contact info and had motivation to move in the reasonable future. So in addition to paying attention to cold call contacts, I was going to try and model after him and try to get 5 nurtures a day and maybe an appointment from cold calling! They say you get what you focus on so...

#466172 - 11/14/19 11:47 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: realestategreat]
OahuAgent Offline

Loc: Honolulu, HI
Don't ask "is this Jim?" .. just say "Hey Jim!" If you can't pronounce the name or don't have it just skip it.

#466173 - 11/15/19 12:55 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: realestategreat]
OahuAgent Offline

I have also been reading Tim Heyl's story and how he cold called his way to massive success. He said he concentrated on getting five 'nurture'leads a day which were people who wanted him to follow up and gave him his contact info and had motivation to move in the reasonable future. So in addition to paying attention to cold call contacts, I was going to try and model after him and try to get 5 nurtures a day and maybe an appointment from cold calling! They say you get what you focus on so...

You can look at the dials you are making. If you have nothing to do that day, 1000 dials should be achievable. I would only wory about how many dials I can finish in a day.

#466174 - 11/15/19 01:03 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: OahuAgent]
OahuAgent Offline

Originally Posted By: OahuAgent

You can look at the dials you are making. If you have nothing to do that day, 1000 dials should be achievable. I would only wory about how many dials I can finish in a day.

All markets are different. I'd never try to compare number of listings or leads to another agent because it's going to be unique to your market. Just do the work and the ratios will appear. You can try to improve from there by making small adaptations.

You might adjust words or shorten scripts or lengthen scripts experiment with openings.

I think most people underestimate the number of calls required. Some people will say you should set 1 appointment for every 10 contacts. They don't know your market and they don't know who you are calling so to say that is ignorant.

#466175 - 11/15/19 01:07 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: OahuAgent]
OahuAgent Offline

This is pretty awesome:https://www.mikeferry.com/mike-tom-ferry/

#466176 - 11/15/19 01:13 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: OahuAgent]
Trouble Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: GTA Ontario
I agree. I think it takes tons more calls than most people fealize whatever the prospects are...cold, xpireds, doors etc. Way way more.

#466177 - 11/15/19 02:13 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: T.T.]
Scagent Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: T.T.
My broker says I should be able to call with the dialer and get an appointment after an hour and a half. I am just beyond frustrated.

That's because your broker is a manager, not a salesperson. I made $1900 my ENTIRE FIRST YEAR as the new agents in the office around me were snatching up deals- we all did the same marketing, mostly letter writing and sponsoring public events as a team. My co-team members got deals more easily than me- one of them left 200 door hangers and got a listing, a bunch of them got listings in their second or third go-round of mailing a particular neighborhood. I knocked on thousands of doors, made 20 door contacts every day and felt like I wasn't getting ANYWHERE. Then all of a sudden I had 3 deals pop on the same street, one of them referred a neighbor for 4 sold listings in one neighborhood, 3 on the same street.

While the other agents on the team were having the team leader come to listing presentations and do the whole thing, I told him to stick back because I wouldn't learn anything unless I actually learned it by doing it myself. 6 months later I had money in the bank, could give a really good listing presentation, paid for dialers and never looked back. Our CURSE (that it's extremely frustrating to get the ball rolling when you start out) is what builds our SKILLS and will take us to higher levels than these agents that magically whip out a few SOI deals in their first few months of doing business.

All this stuff with the team was a year ago. Last week I went into the broker's office and got an award for a monthly listing volume, and found I had listed $200k more in that month than my 8 member team... and I made $1900 my first year on that team while other members were taking $40-100k.

Keep it up, work every day, and focus on the process. The results will come. You're in the right place, just keep working.

Good stuff here TT. I've dialed geo leads since about March. I still work a full time rotating shift job but I managed to squeeze in about 2700 calls since March. No dialer. These are very low numbers of calls compared to some. But out of those calls I've had 4 listing appts and 1 listing and 100 people to the database that I email every week. First full year in.

Needless to say without the job I would have starved but the argument can be made that id had 44 more hours a week to add calls if I wasnt employed. And 2700 calls with a dialer can be done quick.

Im thinking about switching back and forth between geo leads and expireds instead of just geo leads. The plan is to leave the day job next April. Exciting and scary.

#466178 - 11/15/19 03:07 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Scagent]
Trouble Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: GTA Ontario
Dont leave your day job til you get a 3 line dialer for a few months.

Page 888 of 904 < 1 2 ... 886 887 888 889 890 ... 903 904 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
JTS808, 6ixK, TraceyMcAlister, Claire Langford, AllAbtRealEstate
31131 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 47 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Matched Content
Top Posters (30 Days)
Lucky Leonardo 19
Trouble 15
CathCoy 14
Long Walk 8
Z06Fanatic 7
Bigtoe 6
AnonymousWriter 3
HChomat 3
Belmont 2