Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29353479
No new orders today 13261880
Stupid MLS comments. 3545422
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1346685
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1190411
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1130787
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 914653
Let's talk about our cars 768092
Most common items found at an REO 694067
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 679234
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 669962
REOTRANS 516165
Main Street 504176
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 457075
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 392386
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 370327
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285057
Mainstreet 261863
Page 887 of 903 < 1 2 ... 885 886 887 888 889 ... 902 903 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#466144 - 11/13/19 03:41 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: realestategreat]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: realestategreat
Just got off the phone with an expired who told me I was one of a thousand agents that have called! That was a first.

Do you rarely call expireds? I here stuff like this all the time.

Advertisements
#466146 - 11/13/19 05:25 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
realestategreat Offline

Loc: MA
I guess I don't call them enough. They are brutal.

#466147 - 11/13/19 05:53 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: realestategreat]
realestategreat Offline

With regular cold calling, do you all find that it's better to try and ask 'is this Jim" when the person answers and say their name or is it better to just say 'hi, my name is" and then go into your script? I've tried it both ways and I seem to get less hang ups when I say the person's name but I also run the risk of it being the wrong person. Wanted to know what everyone's thoughts were

#466148 - 11/13/19 09:29 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
Mr. G Offline

Loc: CA
Lucky has explained (somewhere in this long 10-year thread!) that he uses a hired assistant for administrative tasks, but would not hire someone to do phone prospecting.

This is because he doesn't believe a low-paid assistant has the motivation to learn prospecting skills. Instead, you need to develop this skill over time through practice.

Some agents start teams, and hire agents to prospect in return for a percentage of the commission or higher salary. Lucky's stated goal has always been to increase his bottom line without relying on the additional hassle and expense of a team, etc. Maximize income as an individual agent.

estatereal (on this forum) has built a profitable team, but it seems he still does all the calling himself because that's his most valuable skill, and he brings in enough business to support listing/seller's agents. His preference is that he doesn't have to run around to do buyer/seller presentations.

Others (lucky, estatereal) feel free to correct me if my recollection is wrong.

#466150 - 11/13/19 10:39 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. G]
CathCoy Offline

Loc: California
When I was a stockbroker many years ago, my idol was Martin Shafiroff. He sold millions and millions of stocks and bonds on the phone. ($16.5 million GCI before Lehman went out of business in 2008.)

http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2012/04/30/the-multimillionaire-men-of-lehman

His challenge was getting past the secretary when calling on corporate executives and other bigwigs. He hired an assistant for this function alone, who would then turn the phone over to him.

All telephone soliciting has its challenges. grin

https://tinyurl.com/yf2228xo

#466151 - 11/13/19 11:13 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: realestategreat]
T.T. Offline

Loc: Texas

They're brutal because you missed your mark. Call them at 7:45 AM... I got the same thing this morning, it's because I'm lazy and didn't dial til 9. After the first morning they're off the market, you might as well wait thirty days. I've had a real problem with starting dialing at 7:45 AM the last few months, I've been getting fat and comfy... and I don't even have the excuse I drank a case at the river last night since summer's over frown

If you have a proven plan and confidence, an expired that you can build rapport with (i.e. is not pissed off before you've even called them) is the most valuable prospect you can contact in my opinion.

I may be fat and comfy but I got a $1.3M listing today that I had been following up with since 8/2018... let's go! Thankfully you don't have to dial early in the morning to be good at followup smile

#466152 - 11/14/19 01:19 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
CathCoy Offline

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: Lucky Leonardo
Originally Posted By: The7
Thanks for your input on my feedback on using 2 Mojo's.

Lucky..Using 1 laptop will surely encourage me to continue with 2 accounts. I will try using 2 browsers like you and see how that goes.

One question: When you get connected to 2 people at the same time, how do you " Mute" or hang up on the other?? Is this something your headsets have? I am using those cheap, wired headsets. Tried couple wireless ones, didn't like the quality. I always clicked the " No Contact" button when connecting to 2 people at the same time. Maybe that is a mistake..?

Thanks guys.

Talk to both of them at the same time. Using 2 phones that have a mute button bit rarely have to use them. Sennheiser Office Runner is flawless. From a company that makes only headsets/headphones.

I finally graduated from hand-dialing to headset + autodialer*. For those on a budget, the technical expert at headsets.com recommended this model, which she says is just as good as Sennheiser but less costly. Sixty-day trial as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KW6ZI4O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

* IQDial $49/month

#466153 - 11/14/19 02:01 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: T.T.]
Trouble Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: GTA Ontario
Originally Posted By: T.T.

They're brutal because you missed your mark. Call them at 7:45 AM... I got the same thing this morning, it's because I'm lazy and didn't dial til 9. After the first morning they're off the market, you might as well wait thirty days. I've had a real problem with starting dialing at 7:45 AM the last few months, I've been getting fat and comfy... and I don't even have the excuse I drank a case at the river last night since summer's over frown

If you have a proven plan and confidence, an expired that you can build rapport with (i.e. is not pissed off before you've even called them) is the most valuable prospect you can contact in my opinion.

I may be fat and comfy but I got a $1.3M listing today that I had been following up with since 8/2018... let's go! Thankfully you don't have to dial early in the morning to be good at followup smile

Hey T.T, I just listed a house for $1,760,000 that I first cold called in Feb. 2017. I was sure that I was going to expire before that house came on the market!!! Follow up is golden.

#466157 - 11/14/19 02:12 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
Mo. Offline

Loc: Florida
Sounds about right, I have noticed in my business that consistent followup over time, helps out with the long game.

#466158 - 11/14/19 02:21 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: T.T.]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: T.T.

Nice job! Whenever I hear people say expireds are mean or brutal to talk to, it's usually from someone who hasn't called a lot of expireds. In my experience expireds are like anyone else - 95% of them are reasonable, and 5% are assholes. I've met some great expireds who were the nicest people in the world, and of course a couple nut jobs along the way - either way they're a great source of business. The only thing I might disagree with you on is if you don't call them first thing in the AM you might as well wait 30 days. While I agree after that first window in the AM they do get much tougher to get a hold of, I've gotten a lot of appointments from listings that expired 3 days ago, 7 days ago, etc. Here's my latest signed expired.

10/23 - listing expired, called at 8 AM spoke to wife, said she's out of town and to call her husband to set up an appointment. Got her email to send over info

10/25 - met with husband, good rapport, wanted me to email him a marketing proposal.

10/26 - met with him and wife, signed up - 1.2M.

Nothing too exciting but it always feels good to get one off a fresh expired and signed that quickly. It was between me and an older woman recommended by a friend - I think when you're a younger person with lots of energy and are motivated Sellers really appreciate that. This listing was in an area I haven't done much business, insanely competitive as the average home is 1.4m, and this is one of the nicer neighborhoods in town. Just shows you a lot of our "self doubts" are just in our head - don't let it cloud your ability to move forward and take a shot.

#466159 - 11/14/19 03:47 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
Trouble Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: GTA Ontario
Wow, you must have golden script!

#466160 - 11/14/19 04:10 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Trouble
Wow, you must have golden script!

Ha - there's plenty of people that would outscript me all day. There's so many guru expired videos where agents are battling 20 different objections that lead to an appointment. The reality is you rarely get objections, and most of these appointments are easy conversations that flow smoothly. I mean really if someone is battling you on the phone for an appointment is that really someone you even want to work with or will realistically sign with you? Probably not.

#466161 - 11/14/19 05:50 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
realestategreat Offline

How do you all even get them to pick up the phone? I barely speak to any because barely any answer the phone. I'm thinking of just knocking on their door and leaving something behind if they don't answer. Getting so frustrated. My broker says I should be able to call with the dialer and get an appointment after an hour and a half. How if they don't answer the phone? I have about 175 new and old expired and cancelled in the dialer. I add new ones every day and mojo takes the ones that become active again out of the list. I am just beyond frustrated.

#466162 - 11/14/19 06:47 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: realestategreat]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

How do you all even get them to pick up the phone? I barely speak to any because barely any answer the phone. I'm thinking of just knocking on their door and leaving something behind if they don't answer. Getting so frustrated. My broker says I should be able to call with the dialer and get an appointment after an hour and a half. How if they don't answer the phone? I have about 175 new and old expired and cancelled in the dialer. I add new ones every day and mojo takes the ones that become active again out of the list. I am just beyond frustrated.

Get an appointment every 1.5 hrs? That's ridiculous - so he's saying you could get 2-3 appointments a day, 10-15 a week? Hes either clueless or full of [censored]. Calling expireds is a lot of work just like everything else - I would say I can average 5 contacts an hr over the long run. The less you call them the higher the contact ratio but its a grind. Here's a goal for the next week - speak to 50 expireds. I don't care if it takes you 40 hours just do it - it's almost a guarantee you'll book 1 appointment. Make sure you're using a 3 line dialer minimum - if you're not dialing 200+ numbers an hour you're not being efficient.

#466163 - 11/14/19 08:04 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
realestategreat Offline

THanks Z06. I only have 150 in my dialer. Do you mean just calling the same ones over and over? And yes I am using a triple line dialer. Thank you for sharing my feelings that is a grind. I have been feeling like a failure based on what my broker said. He makes it sound so easy. I just watched someone on a FB group I belong to prospect them live for an hour and he ran into the same crap I run into so I don't feel so bad. He is a successful agent too. I see people on FB boasting about getting all these expired listings and between that and what my broker said I just felt like crap. I am going to go doorknock some of them. I had a hiatus for a couple of years due to numerous personal issues and have come back this year but I was looking at the old listings I got before that were expireds and half of them were from doorknocking. I didn't use the dialer back then for them and I just figured the dialer would make it way easier and it isn't. For the new year I want to focus on expireds, cancelleds, absentee owners and cold calling and maybe fsbos.

Page 887 of 903 < 1 2 ... 885 886 887 888 889 ... 902 903 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
AlanBrito, Taa0927, 805bail, Ekirkpatrick, Realsammy7
31121 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Matched Content
Top Posters (30 Days)
Lucky Leonardo 26
Trouble 13
CathCoy 12
Long Walk 8
Z06Fanatic 7
RonnieWinz 7
Bigtoe 7
CountryBoyNC 4
TheGodson 4