Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29363888
No new orders today 13263017
Stupid MLS comments. 3547045
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1347296
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1191369
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1131445
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 915100
Let's talk about our cars 768904
Most common items found at an REO 694649
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 679993
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 670244
REOTRANS 516657
Main Street 504697
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 457402
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 392518
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 370685
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285057
Mainstreet 261863
Page 883 of 905 < 1 2 ... 881 882 883 884 885 ... 904 905 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#465957 - 10/09/19 07:12 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
realestategreat Online   content

Loc: MA
[quote=Lucky Leonardo][quote=realestategreat]Great post ZO6! [/quote]

I'm averaging 25-30 hours a week. If you have few appointments you should do the same. Fill that pipeline with quality. [/quote]

Thanks Lucky. So nice to see you here!

Advertisements
#465969 - 10/15/19 05:58 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: realestategreat]
Trouble Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: GTA Ontario
In light of this recovering market and listing resist3...do you identify a lead differently than 2-3 years ago. Today...what is a lead?

#465979 - 10/17/19 06:36 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
OahuAgent Offline

Loc: Honolulu, HI
[quote=Trouble]Folks that are emailing a newsletter to a database, are you using a template of some sort? ie: Constant Contact templates? or like a wordpress blog style? [/quote]

Constant Contact or Mailchimp or anything similar is good. Some will get caught in Gmail filters and that's just part of it. They say more text and less graphics may help it look less like a promotional email.

#465980 - 10/17/19 06:46 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: realestategreat]
OahuAgent Offline

[quote=realestategreat]Yes people in Mass will definitely be irritated at me talking about the whether. They would just think I was nuts and hang up and I wouldn't be able to finish my script. Great job with the listings T.T.! Where did your business come from besides the one from the cold call last year? [/quote]

It doesn't have to be a question about the weather. It's an engagement question. It confuses them initially and then your tone is that of their best friend, brother, cousin etc... Your different. This may not be the average robocall?

You also need to read them as soon as you introduce yourself and depending on the read.. you may skip it altogether and get straight to the point. Each person is unique. Follow up with each lead generated is also unique. You do not solely just send email from your database that would not be wise.

#465981 - 10/17/19 07:02 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
OahuAgent Offline

[quote=Lucky Leonardo]I've been watching some of the Ricky Carruth videos. Am I getting his business model right? He gets the bulk of his business by accumulating and emailing to his large email list using constant contact. And this gets him the bulk of his business??

I've heard of a few other agents doing this with some success, usually in smaller markets with lower average prices. Is anyone else having success doing large numbers with this strategy alone? I would imagine this might work in smaller markets with fewer agents where your email list will not receive too many spam emails.

[/quote]

That is not the business model. The model is to make calls, knock doors, or any other way you want to talk to people and generate leads. You follow up every lead individually. The way and period you follow on each lead depends. The lead followup goes into a weekly planner or whatever else you want to use. The weekly email is neither the primary prospecting or follow up method. The weekly email is just a tool to keep in touch with past clients or people that don't want to do anything today but might do something in 3-5 years or never.

It's no different that what many people call old school. The emphasis is to keep pushing forward and generating leads. You can contact 50 people a day in the Grocery store if you like and then follow up with the leads you generate.

#465983 - 10/17/19 02:57 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: OahuAgent]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: US
I think what Lucky is getting at is Ricky advises getting emails for weak leads or people that have no interest where as Lucky advises only getting leads from people who seem very strong. The argument is if you have a big database of weak leads is it better then having a refined database of quality leads - you can never follow up with a big database effectively, so you're banking on emails/passive marketing to attract them.

On a side note - have a follow up question for everyone. Here's an example of a recent expired I met

10/8 - spoke with an expired from 2 years ago who said she wants to sell now
10/9 - met in person, 2 hour conversation, she said she had to speak with her husband first and would be good to go with his approval. She seemed like the decision maker but who knows. She told me she'd call me.

10/11 - she didn't call, I called her, left a voicemail

At this point we're 6 days from when I left the voicemail - what's the next step? Unfortunately I don't have her email - I was thinking tomorrow I should send a thank you card with some info. Maybe I'll do the following sequence

10/12 - thank you mailer with some info

10/19 - phone call

10/31 - phone call

11/15 - phone call

12/15 - phone call

This would be probably be my follow up sequence. It's an old expired so luckily she's not getting many calls I'd imagine, but of course want to stay on top of her.

#465984 - 10/17/19 06:58 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
HChomat Offline

Loc: FL
[quote=Z06Fanatic]I think what Lucky is getting at is Ricky advises getting emails for weak leads or people that have no interest where as Lucky advises only getting leads from people who seem very strong. The argument is if you have a big database of weak leads is it better then having a refined database of quality leads - you can never follow up with a big database effectively, so you're banking on emails/passive marketing to attract them.

On a side note - have a follow up question for everyone. Here's an example of a recent expired I met

10/9 - met in person, 2 hour conversation, she said she had to speak with her husband first and would be good to go with his approval. She seemed like the decision maker but who knows. She told me she'd call me.

At this point we're 6 days from when I left the voicemail - what's the next step? Unfortunately I don't have her email - I was thinking tomorrow I should send a thank you card with some info. Maybe I'll do the following sequence

10/19 - phone call

10/31 - phone call

11/15 - phone call

12/15 - phone call

This would be probably be my follow up sequence. It's an old expired so luckily she's not getting many calls I'd imagine, but of course want to stay on top of her.
[/quote]

What I don't understand is when you set the appointment for the listing presentation you did not requested husband to be there as well. If the spouse is not present I pass on the appointment.

#465988 - 10/17/19 09:15 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: HChomat]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: US
[quote=HChomat][quote=Z06Fanatic]I think what Lucky is getting at is Ricky advises getting emails for weak leads or people that have no interest where as Lucky advises only getting leads from people who seem very strong. The argument is if you have a big database of weak leads is it better then having a refined database of quality leads - you can never follow up with a big database effectively, so you're banking on emails/passive marketing to attract them.

10/19 - phone call

10/31 - phone call

11/15 - phone call

12/15 - phone call

[/quote]

What I don't understand is when you set the appointment for the listing presentation you did not requested husband to be there as well. If the spouse is not present I pass on the appointment. [/quote]

Do you work a lot of expireds? On cold calls yes I pre-qualify fairly hard, but on expireds I take what I can get. On this one maybe I could of waited until both were present, but most expireds are hard to get back on the phone. This is especially true on fresh expireds at least in my market - if I only go on highly qualified appointments I might as well not even call them.

#465989 - 10/17/19 09:32 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: HChomat]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
Originally Posted By: HChomat
Originally Posted By: Z06Fanatic
I think what Lucky is getting at is Ricky advises getting emails for weak leads or people that have no interest where as Lucky advises only getting leads from people who seem very strong. The argument is if you have a big database of weak leads is it better then having a refined database of quality leads - you can never follow up with a big database effectively, so you're banking on emails/passive marketing to attract them.

10/19 - phone call

10/31 - phone call

11/15 - phone call

12/15 - phone call

What I don't understand is when you set the appointment for the listing presentation you did not requested husband to be there as well. If the spouse is not present I pass on the appointment.

how many listing appointments have you gone on year to date for 2019?

#465992 - 10/18/19 07:28 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
HChomat Offline

Loc: FL
[quote=Z06Fanatic][quote=HChomat][quote=Z06Fanatic]I think what Lucky is getting at is Ricky advises getting emails for weak leads or people that have no interest where as Lucky advises only getting leads from people who seem very strong. The argument is if you have a big database of weak leads is it better then having a refined database of quality leads - you can never follow up with a big database effectively, so you're banking on emails/passive marketing to attract them.

10/19 - phone call

10/31 - phone call

11/15 - phone call

12/15 - phone call

[/quote]

What I don't understand is when you set the appointment for the listing presentation you did not requested husband to be there as well. If the spouse is not present I pass on the appointment. [/quote]

Do you work a lot of expireds? On cold calls yes I pre-qualify fairly hard, but on expireds I take what I can get. On this one maybe I could of waited until both were present, but most expireds are hard to get back on the phone. This is especially true on fresh expireds at least in my market - if I only go on highly qualified appointments I might as well not even call them. [/quote]

Expireds, Cancelled and FSBOs is pretty much all I call all day long. That is where the database comes in. If I can't get them together but I know they want to sell, then I keep following up with them.

#465997 - 10/21/19 12:09 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: HChomat]
RonnieWinz Offline

Loc: Annapolis,MD
Hi Everyone

I am wondering if anyone else brokerages are focusing on the shift of the real estate industry?

Just curious where people see the business going, far as amazon/zillow etc.... " i buyer " has been a hot topic as well.

#465998 - 10/21/19 01:28 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieWinz]
OahuAgent Offline

[quote=RonnieWinz]Hi Everyone

I am wondering if anyone else brokerages are focusing on the shift of the real estate industry?

Just curious where people see the business going, far as amazon/zillow etc.... " i buyer " has been a hot topic as well. [/quote]

I try not to bother myself with things I can't change. It's a waste of energy. Zillow is scrambling to make it work and Amazon is just looking to eat what they can. We'll see. They haven't even made it through a down market yet.

#465999 - 10/21/19 01:36 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: OahuAgent]
RonnieWinz Offline

Loc: Annapolis,MD
agreed... i try to block that stuff out too.

do you dial daily?

#466000 - 10/21/19 01:39 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: HChomat]
OahuAgent Offline

[quote=HChomat]I think what Lucky is getting at is Ricky advises getting emails for weak leads or people that have no interest where as Lucky advises only getting leads from people who seem very strong. The argument is if you have a big database of weak leads is it better then having a refined database of quality leads - you can never follow up with a big database effectively, so you're banking on emails/passive marketing to attract them.
[/quote]

Ricky doesn't advocate following up on weak leads. If he gets a hot lead it goes into the planner for whatever follow up is warranted given the situation. If it someone not doing something today, he connects enough to get the contact information and puts them in his weekly email database and waits for them to call him. The only effort is an hour a week to create a weekly email that goes out to the database. The database also includes all the past clients. He's said he got about 5000 of the emails through cold calling and the rest from meeting people, referrals, referrals of referrals, sign calls, and just the job of doing real estate. Everybody gets added to the email database and he does not follow up with the email database.

#466001 - 10/21/19 01:45 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieWinz]
OahuAgent Offline

[quote=RonnieWinz]agreed... i try to block that stuff out too.

do you dial daily? [/quote]

Dial and or door knock. I think door knocking leads are higher quality, probably because they know that I know where they live. :)

Page 883 of 905 < 1 2 ... 881 882 883 884 885 ... 904 905 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Promptbpo, GoomesNYC, Christa Elrod, JTS808, 6ixK
31134 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Bigtoe, 1 invisible), 35 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Matched Content
Top Posters (30 Days)
Lucky Leonardo 16
CathCoy 15
Trouble 13
Z06Fanatic 9
Long Walk 6
Bigtoe 6
HChomat 3
AnonymousWriter 3
TonywithAM 2