Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28987762
No new orders today 13215382
Stupid MLS comments. 3508646
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1321930
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1158143
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1113028
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 899104
Let's talk about our cars 747293
Most common items found at an REO 675533
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 662603
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 659146
REOTRANS 504682
Main Street 484604
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 447168
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 384382
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 362447
Evalonline 300214
Land America 285054
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 879 of 881 < 1 2 ... 877 878 879 880 881 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#465808 - 09/04/19 08:18 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: CathCoy]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: US
Was watching Jeff Glover yesterday on the GSD Mode podcast - great info. He's of course a big proponent of phone prospecting, and actually has every team member go through a 90 day boot camp working on phone skills before joining up. It's really how every new Agent should start - if you can master the phone/listings, then Buyers are a breeze. The guys who start out as Buyers Agents/weak phone skills will have a tough time if they ever want to transition to listings.

Advertisements
#465809 - 09/04/19 08:50 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: GTA Ontario
Lucky
Briefly, this morning. Hope you have a good dialing day

Edited by Trouble (09/04/19 09:47 PM)

#465810 - 09/04/19 10:09 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
estatereal Online   content
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
Originally Posted By: Lucky Leonardo
Anyone having issues with MOJO today?

Seems unresponsive. Very laggy. Kinda frozen from screen to screen.

I had trouble this morning too. Called mojo an they said it would be fixed in 10 min. Took a few hours and after I had a team meeting, it was good to go.

i was going to write something about it this morning and ask others, but i'm not a giant fan of ricky caruth, so havent been posting that much myself.

good luck in your prospecting.

Edited by estatereal (09/04/19 10:11 PM)

#465814 - 09/05/19 04:26 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: estatereal]
CathCoy Offline

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: estatereal
i'm not a giant fan of ricky caruth, so havent been posting that much myself.

So when newbies and not-so-newbies ask for support with scripts, how come you don't help them?

#465815 - 09/05/19 06:07 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: estatereal]
realestategreat Offline

Loc: MA
I just got off two hours on the dialer and had no problems. Hopefully it went well for everyone today

#465819 - 09/05/19 07:17 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: realestategreat]
CathCoy Offline

I rest my case.

In the meantime, for those of you/us who may actually be having challenges with cold calling, here's at least SOME guidance from SOMEONE willing to help. From this newbie's attempts, you can easily see what he's doing WRONG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLOLoH3TQxA

Edited by CathCoy (09/05/19 09:52 PM)

#465837 - 09/10/19 03:13 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: CathCoy]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
I've been watching some of the Ricky Carruth videos. Am I getting his business model right? He gets the bulk of his business by accumulating and emailing to his large email list using constant contact. And this gets him the bulk of his business??

I've heard of a few other agents doing this with some success, usually in smaller markets with lower average prices. Is anyone else having success doing large numbers with this strategy alone? I would imagine this might work in smaller markets with fewer agents where your email list will not receive too many spam emails.

I've even seen agents in my market advertize free giveaway gifts when the public will email them back their info as a way to accumulate a large list of emails.
But the agents I have seen trying this are not doing much business overall. Which obviously make me wonder if this really works at all in larger higher priced markets.

I would like to hear from agents who are personally doing good business from this marketing strategy and or also from others who have tried it and what your results and thoughts have been!

Edited by Lucky Leonardo (09/10/19 03:20 PM)

#465838 - 09/10/19 05:52 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Online   content
Veteran Member

I have wondered about this business model also. Ricky Carruth does work in a smaller, homogenous market, relative to the major cities of US and Canada. Prices there are definitely lower than major cities. There is however a large "vacation market" in his area.

I have heard him mention on an early video that he does postcard drops in his "farm". He circle prospects. and also he has done Facebook ads, but don't know if those are "pillars" of his business model.

I think in one video he said he had approx. 11,000 emails and about 2500 emails are opened weekly, (he doesn't worry about the un-opened ones).

What I don't get is how he accumulated 11,000 quality emails. If you get 5 emails per day, that would take approx. 10-11 years to accumulate. Doable I suppose. I know that some Agents in the US buy lists of emails belonging to homeowners. As far as I know, one cannot do so in Canada.

...but back to your question Lucky. Is it profitable.?

#465839 - 09/10/19 06:32 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: US
I don't mind Ricky's system long term, but if an Agent is brand new and follows this approach they'll be broke quick. I still believe the best use of your time is finding people that are serious about selling NOW - my first year I wasted a lot of time on people who never did anything using a passive approach like this.

#465841 - 09/10/19 09:58 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
I like Ricky Carruth. I think his general strategy is the most effective and common one out there -- pick an area, then work your butt off prospecting (phones, doors, open houses) and spend some money on marketing to those people via mailers, bus benches, and online. Start off with a small farm and expand it as you get more money. For his specific area, email works well as it's a lower pricepoint so people probably don't have agents begging to send them information every day. Also, they are out of town vacationers so the information is actually interesting they're not in that market everyday, nor being bombarded from agents in that market everyday as they live elsewere. so Ricky is a bit of a novelty to them calling their cell phones keeping them updated on their vacation home market. I don't think an email newsletter or casual phone convo is going to get you very far in a higher priced urban city. but a combination of an email newsletter, direct mail, bus benches, prospecting, and sweat will work in any market.

Effort (meet as many people as you can and treat them well)
+
Money (remind them you exist and you do business)
+
Consistency (meet and market to the same people over and over)
=
I think this is the basic formula for real estate success in any marketplace

#465842 - 09/10/19 11:19 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
realestategreat Offline

I've been following a lot of the agents on the ZTD facebook group and they are getting some now business calling. Ricky does do follow up calls. I don't think he waits for people to call him from his emails. I think he just uses the emails for branding purposes. I'm just not crazy about his script about asking about the weather and asking if there is anything you can do for them. I just find this confuses people on the other end and irritates them sometimes. I like Lucky's script of saying you're an agent and you want to know if they are thinking of moving or selling. Direct and to the point. If the answer is no then next. I think spending the time to try and ask a series of questions to try and get their email when they clearly have already said they have no interest in moving is a waste of time. Plus there's always the possibility your email can get labelled as spam.

#465843 - 09/11/19 05:58 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: realestategreat]
CathCoy Offline

He doesn't ask them about the weather; he comments about the weather as a way of not going straight for the jugular. He doesn't tell them he's a real estate agent; he says he's with Re/Max which everyone knows is real estate. He says he's done $1 million GCI for the past eight years, and I think the reason is that his opening statement is so pleasant and non-threatening--which is decidedly different from other agent calls that FSBO/expireds get. He's not yet in Re/Max's Circle of Legends because that takes ten years of $1 mil annual GCI.

https://abovemag.remax.com/welcome-79-new-circle-of-legends-members

I've been working my way through his YouTube videos and practicing his relaxed approach, but what do I know; I'm still hand-dialing.

Edited by CathCoy (09/11/19 05:51 PM)

#465844 - 09/11/19 10:27 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: CathCoy]
Trouble Online   content
Veteran Member

The question is: is anybody doing deals from emailing 10-11,000 unqualified prospects.

I suspect it's a combination of prospecting methods.

The script you use is irrelevant. Whatever you are comfortable with. Doesn't really matter. We all pain over stupid details.

At the end of the day it's all about reaching out in volume, in a consistent manner.

#465847 - 09/11/19 12:38 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
realestategreat Offline

Hi Lucky, you can see a lot of agents using this strategy if you join the ZTD FB group. There are some on there who are using the Fearless Agent scripts but using the group for moral support and to gain knowledge etc while calling and making in some cases 200 contacts a day. Ricky's method emphasizes number of emails gotten on the calls vs. just contacts made. It's a very active group.

#465848 - 09/11/19 02:53 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: realestategreat]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: realestategreat
Hi Lucky, you can see a lot of agents using this strategy if you join the ZTD FB group. There are some on there who are using the Fearless Agent scripts but using the group for moral support and to gain knowledge etc while calling and making in some cases 200 contacts a day. Ricky's method emphasizes number of emails gotten on the calls vs. just contacts made. It's a very active group.

I never use facebook although I do have an account. I am not very well versed on facebook either. When I search ztd, under groups I couldn't find anything notable. What am I missing?

Page 879 of 881 < 1 2 ... 877 878 879 880 881 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
REOHomie, JenniferVillalba, kumarbuilders, andr3s017, joanna omile
30919 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Desert Vas, Trouble), 49 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 22
realestategreat 13
ManhattanMiami 13
Bigtoe 12
Trouble 12
Z06Fanatic 10
Chris Goerge 9
Snap Up 8
JessicaHawthorne 5