Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28931144
No new orders today 13200032
Stupid MLS comments. 3502573
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1316813
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1156090
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1111135
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 896144
Let's talk about our cars 744954
Most common items found at an REO 673583
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 660019
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 657767
REOTRANS 502609
Main Street 481725
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 446001
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 383621
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 361811
Evalonline 300214
Land America 285054
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 836 of 876 < 1 2 ... 834 835 836 837 838 ... 875 876 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#464848 - 05/15/19 10:09 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Nash Vegas]
CathCoy Offline

Loc: California
^^ ::: APPLAUSE! :::

Advertisements
#464849 - 05/15/19 11:29 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Nash Vegas]
OahuAgent Offline

Loc: Honolulu, HI
Originally Posted By: Nash Vegas

Don't make excuses for your market = don't test the theory behind this with real life application.

This sounds like maintaining a massive database of people who aren't qualified to buy or sell real estate. Aka, the phone book.

I mean, if that's what you want to do....don't let me dissuade you from it. But i'm not seeing the difference between this and other forms of passive activity like postcards, etc.

In practice, i'm not sure any of us earn someone's undying future loyalty by sending them some inbox spam once a week. I've called some leads over 12 times - direct conversation - and still have to remind them who I am by referencing our prior voice conversations. Not emails.

Can you provide an example of someone besides Ricky who is killing it using the ZTD method in practice?

I'm not asking this to rain on the parade. I have an open mind and would like to see how people have utilized this in practice - not just theory - and achieved measurable results from this.

I'm 'Money Machine' on the Mojo contest so you can see the volume of calls I make daily. In practice - not theory - this ZTD script for cold calling:

{Ring, ring, ring} Hello?
-Hey! Mr./Mrs. ?
-Hey, Mr./Mrs. , this is (your name) with (your company).
{pause} How are you today?
-Thatís good. Me too. Just enjoying this good weather outside. Isnít it gorgeous today?
{Pause and let them talk. Listen to what they say. Chances are high that you get into a conversation
about the weather, back and forth. This will set the comfort level of the call. If itís raining, talk about
how nasty it is today. Adjust your opening to what the current weather is doing.}
{When this part of the conversation is over, transition into the reason for your call}

Will get me violently hung up in my market. Again, in practice, not theory. Maybe people are nastier in my market than others but I suspect not.

In the last 16 days i've made over 26,000 calls and talked to over 3,700 people. I'm on the dialer as i'm typing this and just slipped this script in for the last 7 calls to verify. People that answered did not want to talk about the weather.

They sounded puzzled, irritated, aghast, annoyed and one told me to engage in an activity that isn't anatomically possible.

I went back to a simple one line script that asked a direct question and didn't waste their time and I got direct answers. Which is pretty much what i'm looking for, so I can find people that are in the market to buy and sell and spend my time following up with them.

You can say i'm negative or a hater but i'm really not. I just want to see actual results using this method from someone other than Ricky.

And the first line of defense for a way of doing things that looks great on paper but not in practice is to push back on anyone asking questions about it and gaslight them about their negative mindset. Let's take that off of the table and focus on specifics.

You're welcome to do what you like.

I'm sure a one line script also works. You'll probably get a lead for each 3oo contacts calling neighborhoods. You obviously don't understand how the scripts are used and probably don't care.

You need to adjust after each question. Every time you ask a question you you receive feedback.

If you ask "how are you today?" and they act busy sound like they are in a car or tell you they are busy on project. Just skip the weather and get to the point. Also it can be any question and does not need to be about the weather. This is another chance to read the person on the other end of the phone and develop a bit of rapport.

The questions in the beginning helps you not sound like every other agent that is only calling to get a listing and a commission.

I don't view time I spend having conversations with property owners a waste of time. There is nothing passive about the approach.

Bottom line: Prospecting on the phone and at the doors works. I think that is already proven.

Edited by OahuAgent (05/15/19 11:30 AM)

#464850 - 05/15/19 11:53 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Nash Vegas]
OahuAgent Offline

This sounds like maintaining a massive database of people who aren't qualified to buy or sell real estate. Aka, the phone book.

The email database is just another way to stay in touch. You still need to call and follow up with the people that you find planning to do something soon. Asking for an email and adding to a database does not take much time and can be done after the calling is done for the day.

I'm not asking this to rain on the parade. I have an open mind and would like to see how people have utilized this in practice - not just theory - and achieved measurable results from this.

The practices of making phone calls or knocking on doors and talking to property owners are proven methods to generate business for real estate agents. You're asking for proof? I think this is common knowledge.

#464851 - 05/15/19 12:00 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
CathCoy Offline

OahuAgent, what level of production do you experience with your approach? How many listings YTD?

#464852 - 05/15/19 12:01 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
CathCoy Offline

#464853 - 05/15/19 12:21 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: OahuAgent]
Nash Vegas Offline

Loc: USA
'The questions in the beginning helps you not sound like every other agent that is only calling to get a listing and a commission.'

But...you are...? Do you honestly believe for a second they don't know what your intent is and believe professional real estate agents just dial complete strangers up to chat about the weather without an underlying motive that they are hiding in an insincere way?

If you're not calling to get a listing and a commission then what job do you do outside of real estate for money that allows you the funding to call strangers about the weather in your non-working hours?

Or do you mean...I AM calling to get a listing and a commission but my use of the script is too savvy for the people to pick up on? Do you truly believe that?

Or when you ask 'what in the world can I do for you today' and they tell you to come over and wash their car...you're sincere about that? Do you drive over and do that, since you were asking a sincere question?

I have no dog in the fight as to whatever you want to do to earn business. I'm far from an expert at anything myself. So knock yourself out.

But I am genuinely curious on the examples of this method working for anyone other than Ricky. Do you have any?

As far as using a short script and calling in high volume...the examples of success using that method are demonstrated by pretty much all of the major players on this forum topic and the 800+ pages of specific, concrete examples they have given of their process and successes (i'm not including myself in that line up and have a lot to learn from all of them).

So i'm asking for specific examples of Ricky's coaching clients who have used his method and found success using it.

Your watered down example of 'everyone knows talking to people works' is too vague. We may as well say 'everyone knows if you use a phone you talk to people'.

He's promoting a specific coaching method and even has a name for it and a coaching website. A coach has students. Which students are finding success using his method?

#464855 - 05/15/19 01:08 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Nash Vegas]
CathCoy Offline

But...you are...! Do you honestly believe for a second they don't know what your intent is and believe professional real estate agents just dial complete strangers up to chat about the weather without an underlying motive that they are hiding in an insincere way?

Exactly. You may as well be forthright about the purpose of your call. Here's what I say:

Good (morning/afternoon/evening). I'm sittin' here, smilin' and dialin', chumming for business. [chuckle] I'll get right to the point: do you have any plans to sell your house in the next month or so?"

If they say no, you might say, "Would it be alright with you if I added your email address to my database to keep you advised on the value of your home? I send emails only quarterly and you can opt out at any time."

If they say no, you're D-O-N-E.

When I was a stockbroker, cold calling on business people at their place of business, the biggest challenge was getting past the secretary. If you successfully did that, you had about five seconds to state your purpose for calling. You sure didn't talk about the weather or ask how you could help them do anything other than buy stocks or bonds. Business people appreciate forthrightness, and homeowners do, too.

#464856 - 05/15/19 01:26 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Nash Vegas]
OahuAgent Offline

'The questions in the beginning helps you not sound like every other agent that is only calling to get a listing and a commission.'

But...you are...? Do you honestly believe for a second they don't know what your intent is and believe professional real estate agents just dial complete strangers up to chat about the weather without an underlying motive that they are hiding in an insincere way?

If you're not calling to get a listing and a commission then what job do you do outside of real estate for money that allows you the funding to call strangers about the weather in your non-working hours?

Or do you mean...I AM calling to get a listing and a commission but my use of the script is too savvy for the people to pick up on? Do you truly believe that?

Or when you ask 'what in the world can I do for you today' and they tell you to come over and wash their car...you're sincere about that? Do you drive over and do that, since you were asking a sincere question?

I have no dog in the fight as to whatever you want to do to earn business. I'm far from an expert at anything myself. So knock yourself out.

But I am genuinely curious on the examples of this method working for anyone other than Ricky. Do you have any?

As far as using a short script and calling in high volume...the examples of success using that method are demonstrated by pretty much all of the major players on this forum topic and the 800+ pages of specific, concrete examples they have given of their process and successes (i'm not including myself in that line up and have a lot to learn from all of them).

So i'm asking for specific examples of Ricky's coaching clients who have used his method and found success using it.

Your watered down example of 'everyone knows talking to people works' is too vague. We may as well say 'everyone knows if you use a phone you talk to people'.

He's promoting a specific coaching method and even has a name for it and a coaching website. A coach has students. Which students are finding success using his method?

If you want examples you can check the facebook group. Ricky doesn't charge for his coaching program. Some people following his coaching never picked up the phone ever. If his program helps people pick up the phone it works. I don't care if you agree or not.

I like this group also.

Honestly I don't care how you call. Calling is better than not calling. I'm not going to debate on who's scripts are better. Use what you like.

Edited by OahuAgent (05/15/19 01:27 PM)

#464857 - 05/15/19 01:37 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: CathCoy]
OahuAgent Offline

Originally Posted By: CathCoy
But...you are...! Do you honestly believe for a second they don't know what your intent is and believe professional real estate agents just dial complete strangers up to chat about the weather without an underlying motive that they are hiding in an insincere way?

Exactly. You may as well be forthright about the purpose of your call. Here's what I say:

Good (morning/afternoon/evening). I'm sittin' here, smilin' and dialin', chumming for business. [chuckle] I'll get right to the point: do you have any plans to sell your house in the next month or so?"

If they say no, you might say, "Would it be alright with you if I added your email address to my database to keep you advised on the value of your home? I send emails only quarterly and you can opt out at any time."

If they say no, you're D-O-N-E.

When I was a stockbroker, cold calling on business people at their place of business, the biggest challenge was getting past the secretary. If you successfully did that, you had about five seconds to state your purpose for calling. You sure didn't talk about the weather or ask how you could help them do anything other than buy stocks or bonds. Business people appreciate forthrightness, and homeowners do, too.

Say whatever works for you. Of course you'll get all kinds of reactions. If I call and say "How are you doing?"

I get all kinds of responses from:

Great how are you?
I'm busy?
I'm Okay?
What's this about?
Pretty good and you?
Some people hang up.
I'm just home for lunch.
I'm making dinner.
I'm at work.
I driving my kids to soccer practice.

The conversation can change from there.

You need to really get over the weather question. The question actually has nothing to do with the weather.

Whatever works for you. Go for it.

#464858 - 05/15/19 02:34 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: CathCoy]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY

That is an interesting business model ...

How can they be profitable charging so little ...

#464859 - 05/15/19 03:36 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: LA California
Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz

That is an interesting business model ...

How can they be profitable charging so little ...

they make up for it in volume.

You know how you sell a house in 7 days, and get a fat 5 figure check? That was pretty much easy profit, wasn't it?

they managed to get by charging a 1% listing fee, and now they charge a 1% buyers fee essentially.

#464860 - 05/15/19 03:46 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Nash Vegas]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: LA California

Can you provide an example of someone besides Ricky who is killing it using the ZTD method in practice?

all i know is that the highest producers have some sort of email drip system.

#464861 - 05/15/19 03:49 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: OahuAgent]
ThePeanutGallery
Unregistered

Ricky also emailed 1,000,000 strangers in one year. He was also selling over 20 properties/yr very quickly. Some of us will never even sell 20/yr no matter how much cold calling we do.

Some people can literally cold call 50 hours a week for a year and sell 3 houses. Others can call 3 hours a week for a month and list 4 one month. Itís amazing how sales just works well for some people and others can bust their tail and get nowhere. Luck is a real thing, I recommend a book called Outliers, itís very eye opening.

#464862 - 05/15/19 04:02 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Nash Vegas]
ThePeanutGallery
Unregistered

Iím open to most coaches and have tried many. I have spent 3 hours total dialing using Rickyís Just Sold script. I made about 50 contacts total. I got 1 listing (after follow up). It was an old man, no email. I just used the FA postcard mailing system for a few months on him. I sold his house in 3 days with a bidding war. I made $5,000. I invested about 10 hours total from cold call to close. $500/hr.

Full disclosure... Iím pretty sure I wouldíve got the listing with any script as he had a need. Didnít matter if it was ZTD, FA, MFO, or Festini. I never used the script again, just used it to test it.

#464863 - 05/15/19 05:04 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: ]
Nash Vegas Offline

Loc: USA
Some people can literally cold call 50 hours a week for a year and sell 3 houses. Others can call 3 hours a week for a month and list 4 one month. Itís amazing how sales just works well for some people and others can bust their tail and get nowhere.

Peanutgallery: If I remember from you jumping in on prior posts....you're pro Fearless Agent, right? What does Bob advocate? Sending mass email and making follow up calls to people that aren't motivated to buy or sell real estate?

Or 'calling until your butt falls off and then finding a new way to sit' to set appointments with sane, reasonable people who have a need to buy or sell real estate?

Which of the categories you mentioned are you in? 3 houses or the 4 in one month?
Did you get there by mass emailing unmotivated people or doing the FA method of calling for 50 hours a week?

Page 836 of 876 < 1 2 ... 834 835 836 837 838 ... 875 876 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
KJINX, steveholt_tsl, jthames909, Ezra Peachey, Mr Fern
30878 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 35
Z06Fanatic 15
realestategreat 14
estatereal 12
Mr. Clean 12
OahuAgent 8
Bigtoe 7
Trouble 6
Long Walk 5