Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28838188
No new orders today 13180990
Stupid MLS comments. 3475420
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1303338
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1145887
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1098959
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 886860
Let's talk about our cars 736149
Most common items found at an REO 666563
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 650949
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 650654
REOTRANS 495610
Main Street 473733
EML 459240
asset val seminar in colorado 441473
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 380172
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 356666
Evalonline 300214
Land America 285054
Mainstreet 261862
Matched Content
Page 785 of 842 < 1 2 ... 783 784 785 786 787 ... 841 842 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#463804 - 03/15/19 05:10 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: sualk54]
Trouble Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: GTA Ontario
Sualk,
I don't think it matters which list you're calling, just adjust your filters for "not contacted in x days"
I like to put 60-90 days.

Advertisements
#463808 - 03/15/19 07:45 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: sualk54]
CathCoy Online   content

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: sualk54
Mr. May [from the youtube video above] hasn't posted here in a while, not sure if he is still in the business or gone back to driving a bus [check his earlier posts, I'm not being sarcastic]

He's still in the real estate business. His last transaction was July 2018

https://www.zillow.com/profile/c21WilliamMay

Edited by CathCoy (03/15/19 07:59 PM)

#463811 - 03/17/19 05:24 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
RATKOS Offline

Loc: Las Vegas
I wouldn't trust Zillow for accurate information, much less an agent production report.

#463812 - 03/17/19 05:26 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
RATKOS Offline

What company do you guys recommend for automated postcards for these leads? The Missus was handwriting ones we designed, and we don't have time to do that anymore.

I'd like a service that allows me to upload my lead information and then sends them postcards on my specific drip timeline that I create. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by RATKOS (03/17/19 05:27 PM)

#463815 - 03/18/19 06:22 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RATKOS]
Trouble Offline
Veteran Member

Since I'm not in the US, I can't recommend a postcard svc. But after years of trying different methods, I do the following.
1. I keep all my leads/Sphere of Influence/Past Clients in MOJO. Any other database was too time consuming for me(as I work alone). When I used an outside service, I found I had my database in too many places, and it required mtce. Such as edit,add and delete names. I had a database in mojo, top producer, and the printer postcard service. It drove me crazy. It also makes you notice names that may warrant another phone call, or a DELETE.
2. I buy large quantities of a postcard from a printer that does Real Estate themed postcards. Lots of times it's the same card repeated.
3. I just print labels off the mojo site, and send out cards with whatever schedule I want.I place the labels and stamps on the cards while I'm dialing. It's pretty fast.
4. Same process for newsletters.

But you have to find what makes you most efficient. Good luck.

#463817 - 03/18/19 07:21 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: Trouble
Since I'm not in the US, I can't recommend a postcard svc. But after years of trying different methods, I do the following.
1. I keep all my leads/Sphere of Influence/Past Clients in MOJO. Any other database was too time consuming for me(as I work alone). When I used an outside service, I found I had my database in too many places, and it required mtce. Such as edit,add and delete names. I had a database in mojo, top producer, and the printer postcard service. It drove me crazy. It also makes you notice names that may warrant another phone call, or a DELETE.
2. I buy large quantities of a postcard from a printer that does Real Estate themed postcards. Lots of times it's the same card repeated.
3. I just print labels off the mojo site, and send out cards with whatever schedule I want.I place the labels and stamps on the cards while I'm dialing. It's pretty fast.
4. Same process for newsletters.

But you have to find what makes you most efficient. Good luck.

How big is your database and what kind of return have you found with this? I have probably 200-250 people that I've met at Open Houses or I've considered low priority - I do some email drips but feel like I won't see more then a couple deals a year from this method.

#463819 - 03/18/19 08:20 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
Trouble Offline
Veteran Member

Z06,
My database is approx. the same size as yours. But it's fluid. I'm always adding and deleting names. I used to concentrate on constantly adding names to the database, but I found people lost motivation the longer they were in the database. Half the time those names didn't even know who I was when i called them only once a year, and they had been receiving my mailers forever. So now I focus on quality of names going into the database.
There are many schools of thought on the content of the database. It's a monster to feed if there's no deals out of it. I used to keep a much larger database...adding to it constantly and never deleting. Not now.
In the current market conditions, I'm getting 5-10% out of it. It varies. I only keep leads in the database that I think will do a transaction "soon". And i keep re-visiting their motivation. Past clients in my opinion do not buy/sell for many, many years. I just keep telling them I'm still in the business, in case I can get a referral. But i don't believe you will ever have a comfortable income just from past clients. I've had some past clients in my database for 25 years, and they still have no intention of moving. It's a myth.

I just keep looking for more imminent business. Massaging a giant database is costly and time consuming. Calling them will prevent you from calling new prospects.

Hey I may be approaching this wrong, maybe not, and I welcome input, but that's my thoughts today.

Edited by Trouble (03/18/19 08:23 AM)

#463821 - 03/18/19 02:03 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RATKOS]
CathCoy Online   content

Originally Posted By: RATKOS
I wouldn't trust Zillow for accurate information, much less an agent production report.

Every agent's production is accurately recorded in the MLS.

Nonetheless, I purchased his book.

#463822 - 03/18/19 02:06 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RATKOS]
CathCoy Online   content

I'd like a service that allows me to upload my lead information and then sends them postcards on my specific drip timeline that I create.

Can be customized for the real estate industry as well.

https://www.kramerdirect.com

Edited by CathCoy (03/18/19 02:13 PM)

#463823 - 03/18/19 02:11 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
CathCoy Online   content

But I don't believe you will ever have a comfortable income just from past clients. I've had some past clients in my database for 25 years, and they still have no intention of moving. It's a myth. I just keep looking for more imminent business. Massaging a giant database is costly and time-consuming. Calling them will prevent you from calling new prospects.

I agree, which is why Joe Stumpf's "By Referral Only" and Brian Buffini's "Referral Maker" can be only one part of your efforts.

Edited by CathCoy (03/18/19 02:13 PM)

#463824 - 03/18/19 08:58 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: CathCoy]
RATKOS Offline

Originally Posted By: CathCoy
I'd like a service that allows me to upload my lead information and then sends them postcards on my specific drip timeline that I create.

Can be customized for the real estate industry as well.

https://www.kramerdirect.com

Will check it out, thanks.

#463827 - 03/19/19 11:54 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Z06,
My database is approx. the same size as yours. But it's fluid. I'm always adding and deleting names. I used to concentrate on constantly adding names to the database, but I found people lost motivation the longer they were in the database. Half the time those names didn't even know who I was when i called them only once a year, and they had been receiving my mailers forever. So now I focus on quality of names going into the database.
There are many schools of thought on the content of the database. It's a monster to feed if there's no deals out of it. I used to keep a much larger database...adding to it constantly and never deleting. Not now.
In the current market conditions, I'm getting 5-10% out of it. It varies. I only keep leads in the database that I think will do a transaction "soon". And i keep re-visiting their motivation. Past clients in my opinion do not buy/sell for many, many years. I just keep telling them I'm still in the business, in case I can get a referral. But i don't believe you will ever have a comfortable income just from past clients. I've had some past clients in my database for 25 years, and they still have no intention of moving. It's a myth.

I just keep looking for more imminent business. Massaging a giant database is costly and time consuming. Calling them will prevent you from calling new prospects.

Hey I may be approaching this wrong, maybe not, and I welcome input, but that's my thoughts today.

That's a great return on your database. I guess the big thing is working it constantly and cleaning up unmotivated leads. I have so many crap leads in mine I really should re-evaluate - I think in the past I would take a low priority "lead" with an email and throw them on a drip. I haven't gotten much out of my drips although I guess you can't expect much for throwing someone on an auto email and expecting them to reach out to you.

#463828 - 03/19/19 11:56 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Z06Fanatic Offline

It's funny when you hear people say I only work by "referral only". That means one of the following

1.They have someone supporting them
2.They're happy just getting by on low income
3.They're lieing

1 and 3 seem most common.

#463830 - 03/19/19 01:20 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
CathCoy Online   content

Y'all might be interested in this amusing discussion thread on an article at Market Watch.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/big-na...t=liked-message

#463831 - 03/19/19 06:53 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
Trouble Offline
Veteran Member

Z06
I don't bother with email drops. I never got much from it and its hi mtce.
Guess I'm getting lazy.

Page 785 of 842 < 1 2 ... 783 784 785 786 787 ... 841 842 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
vabewecer, LeatriceLou, executiveRMN19, duerksenrental, Gloria Lowry
30753 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (Nancy and Bill, leaf fan, Serg), 49 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 93
OahuAgent 43
gitmonee 28
estatereal 27
Lucky Leonardo 25
Trouble 24
FlyHigh 18
ThePeanutGallery 16
Nash Vegas 15