Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29353479
No new orders today 13261880
Stupid MLS comments. 3545422
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1346685
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1190411
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1130787
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 914653
Let's talk about our cars 768092
Most common items found at an REO 694067
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 679234
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 669962
REOTRANS 516165
Main Street 504176
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 457075
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 392386
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 370327
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285057
Mainstreet 261863
Page 839 of 903 < 1 2 ... 837 838 839 840 841 ... 902 903 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#464900 - 05/16/19 12:32 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: CathCoy]
Danny1 Offline

Loc: Illinois
Originally Posted By: CathCoy

Lawfully, you must actually BE a survey company, not merely surreptitiously conduct a survey.

https://www.insightsassociation.org/arti...tcpa-rules-mean

Ok, and lawfully, what's the definition of a 'survey company'? I don't think their definition is correct, to be frank. Telemarketing calls are prohibited. So prank calls are not. If Howard Stern's people call you, they are not going to be fined for making unwated telemarketing calls.

But, not a lawyer not giving legal advice.

Edited by Danny1 (05/16/19 01:04 PM)

Advertisements
#464901 - 05/16/19 01:01 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Danny1]
CathCoy Offline

Loc: California
https://www.marketingsherpa.com/article/interview/how-to-conduct-surveys-legally

Federal laws are complex. Privacy laws are constantly changing, making it hard for researchers to stay abreast of all the requirements. Remember, being unaware of a regulation won’t make you exempt from compliance. Here are a few regulatory areas to study carefully:

- Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991. Even though legitimate researchers are familiar with this set of regulations governing solicitation calls, many are unaware of a provision that prevents researchers from using autodialers to call cell phone numbers. With a growing number of consumers ditching land lines and using only their cell phones, CMOR is working to get regulators to create an exemption to this rule for researchers.

In the meantime, researchers must be careful not to use autodialers to contact cell phones. If you’re having trouble identifying cell phone numbers in your database, you can turn to vendors that operates cell phone number recognition services.

- CAN-SPAM and COPPA. All online researchers must abide by the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, but depending on the audience you’re surveying, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act is just as important. Those rules govern the way information is collected from children under age 13 and require parental consent. But CMOR recommends that researchers follow COPPA procedures anytime they’re dealing with respondents under age 18.

#464902 - 05/16/19 01:03 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: gitmonee]
CathCoy Offline

Originally Posted By: gitmonee
i really believe that top producers in USA don't care about dnc because they can afford the fine, in the super rare chance they do get fined. DNC violations have no effect on your RE license. And you know what they say about making money... big risk = big reward.

Bingo.

#464903 - 05/16/19 03:14 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
CathCoy Offline

Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
I stopped calling the DNC this year because I wasn’t comfortable with it anymore. After 10,000 contacts and no serious leads or listings I thought hmmm something is up.. went back and looked at all the listings I’d taken from cold calling the last 2 years and every one was on the DNC. So it doesn’t work in my market unless I call the DNC. and I’m not willing to do that anymore.

Mr. Clean, this is for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJqVPM5hZ10

#464904 - 05/16/19 03:54 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Frothy Offline

Loc: Ontario
The geographic farmers in my neighbourhood appear to do well with regards to number of transactions.

I wish I could see their annual financial statements to see if farming is really worthwhile or simply just smoke and mirrors.

Examples of what I see...

They hire someone put out 100 personalized open house signs every weekend for their open house in their farm.

They hire ice cream trucks to park in front of their open houses to give out free ice cream to anybody.

They hire horse drawn wagons in the fall filled with pumpkins and deliver them personally to the front door steps of each house in their farm.

Glossy flyers sent out monthly, door knocking around listing and sales, directional signs everywhere, Pre-list home inspections, professional photography, floor plans, etc..

I noticed from their ads that some are, surprisingly, Mike Ferry trained.

This seems to be a good strategy for self promotion, but I wish I could see their financial statements.

#464905 - 05/16/19 04:09 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Frothy]
FlyHigh Offline

Loc: Dream Land
Originally Posted By: CMA
The geographic farmers in my neighbourhood appear to do well with regards to number of transactions.

I wish I could see their annual financial statements to see if farming is really worthwhile or simply just smoke and mirrors.

They hire someone put out 100 personalized open house signs every weekend for their open house in their farm.

They hire ice cream trucks to park in front of their open houses to give out free ice cream to anybody.

They hire horse drawn wagons in the fall filled with pumpkins and deliver them personally to the front door steps of each house in their farm.

Glossy flyers sent out monthly, door knocking around listing and sales, directional signs everywhere, Pre-list home inspections, professional photography, floor plans, etc..

I noticed from their ads that some are, surprisingly, Mike Ferry trained.

This seems to be a good strategy for self promotion, but I wish I could see their financial statements.

MFO coaching, depending on the coach, in addition to disciplined prospecting, will teach how to farm, how to use social media and many other things.
What Mike Ferry is pitching for 1 or 4 days in his workshops, seminars, retreats is pretty much the same strategy that some of us here use with expireds to get an appointment and / or listing, if that's fair to say. It's all about sales... smile

#464906 - 05/16/19 04:13 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: FlyHigh]
Frothy Offline

Loc: Ontario
Does he still make fun of agents who hand out pumpkins?

#464907 - 05/16/19 04:34 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
CathCoy Offline

When I moved to CA into my second home, I was amazed by the flotsam and jetsam that was left on my doorstep by agents. I thought to myself, "What a way to make a living, leaving junk on other people's porches."

#464908 - 05/16/19 06:43 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Frothy]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: LA California
Originally Posted By: CMA

1000 glossy postcards cost less than $1000.

and if you assume you get 1 transaction average from every batch, there is still a profit to be made.

gotta spend money to make money. and of course all that ridiculous ice cream truck stuff is self promotion.
Who doesn't like free ice cream? It gets some people to come out, and possibly some might be buyer/seller leads.

My view is- as long as you're not losing any money, and the labor cost is minimal, any money beats no money when it comes to farming.

#464909 - 05/16/19 07:14 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: CathCoy]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
I stopped calling the DNC this year because I wasn’t comfortable with it anymore. After 10,000 contacts and no serious leads or listings I thought hmmm something is up.. went back and looked at all the listings I’d taken from cold calling the last 2 years and every one was on the DNC. So it doesn’t work in my market unless I call the DNC. and I’m not willing to do that anymore.

Mr. Clean, this is for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJqVPM5hZ10

It was an ethical decision for me, not a cost / benefit analysis. I knew how to do it and not get busted.

Plus, so far I’m enjoying door knocking more than cold calling. And I Really look forward to having a more self-sustaining business where my brand actually carries a bit of the weight.. otherwise your only ever worth as much as your next dial.

#464910 - 05/16/19 09:26 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
CathCoy Offline

It was an ethical decision for me, not a cost / benefit analysis. I knew how to do it and not get busted.

The Do-Not-Call Implementation Act of 2003 was sponsored by Representatives Billy Tauzin and John Dingell, both Democrats (although Tauzin later left the Democratic party for the Republican party). Therefore, I have no ethical qualms whatsoever since I consider Democrats to be fascists.

dancingguy

Edited by CathCoy (05/16/19 09:26 PM)

#464911 - 05/17/19 06:29 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: CathCoy]
Danny1 Offline

Loc: Illinois

The Do-Not-Call Implementation Act of 2003 was sponsored by Representatives Billy Tauzin and John Dingell, both Democrats (although Tauzin later left the Democratic party for the Republican party). Therefore, I have no ethical qualms whatsoever since I consider Democrats to be fascists.

dancingguy

Well, to be fair, more Republicans supported the bill vs Democrats.

And it was signed into law by W Bush, a Republican.

Here is a vote on the bill in the House:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/108-2003/h521

YEA - 219 Repubs to 192 Dems;

Here is he Senate result:
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/108-2003/s365

YEA - 50 Repubs to 44 Dems;

A majority Republican idea.

No matter what they say, this game is rigged against the small business and the little guy.

Edited by Danny1 (05/17/19 06:31 AM)

#464912 - 05/17/19 07:46 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Danny1]
sualk54 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hamilton, ON

#464913 - 05/17/19 08:40 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Danny1]
CathCoy Offline

Originally Posted By: Danny1
Well, to be fair, more Republicans supported the bill vs Democrats. [...] A majority Republican idea.

Democrats dreamed up the idea and a bunch of Republicans stupidly went along with it.

Two Dreaming Democrats: Let's think of ways we can insinuate ourselves even more in American lives. Aha! Let's control their telephone activity!

50 Stupid Republicans: Duh...sounds like a good idea to us.

Originally Posted By: Danny1
No matter what they say, this game is rigged against the small business and the little guy.

50 Power Hungry Democrats: Let's spend our days thinking of ways to rig the game but still sound like we're for small business and the little guy.

50 Spineless Republicans: Duh...sounds like a good idea to us.

We soldier on.

#464914 - 05/17/19 08:45 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: sualk54]
CathCoy Offline

From the article:

Redfin says it “can now enroll partner agents from other brokerages to serve Redfin.com visitors in the U.S. and Canada.”

As we discuss here daily, the most challenging aspect of being a real estate agent is how to find the customer. Redfin finds customers by bribing them. Some other brokerage will gladly take RE/Max's place.

Page 839 of 903 < 1 2 ... 837 838 839 840 841 ... 902 903 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
valdostarealtors, AlanBrito, Taa0927, 805bail, Ekirkpatrick
31122 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (valdostarealtors, 1 invisible), 73 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Matched Content
Top Posters (30 Days)
Lucky Leonardo 26
Trouble 13
CathCoy 12
Long Walk 8
RonnieWinz 7
Bigtoe 7
Z06Fanatic 7
CountryBoyNC 4
TheGodson 4