Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29353916
No new orders today 13261954
Stupid MLS comments. 3545504
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1346734
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1190456
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1130824
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 914693
Let's talk about our cars 768139
Most common items found at an REO 694104
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 679273
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 669998
REOTRANS 516193
Main Street 504211
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 457112
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 392414
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 370366
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285057
Mainstreet 261863
Page 779 of 903 < 1 2 ... 777 778 779 780 781 ... 902 903 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#463606 - 02/19/19 01:55 PM . **** [Re: Danny1]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: LA California
i got no idea, but it's about time mojo had some real competitors.
It says some of their clients are insurance and real estate brokerages.

Advertisements
#463607 - 02/19/19 03:36 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Scagent Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Hey guys and gals, new 32yr old agent from South Carolina here. Got my license back in the last quarter of last year. Haven't done a deal yet. I'm pretty much guilty of bouncing around from gimmick to gimmick. I've done social media, sphere of influence, mail, some calling to fsbo.

I stumbled onto this thread and read pages 300 to about 370. Then started at 600 and read to the current page. I can say that I was sold on cold calling. Seeing everyone post leads and everything is inspiring for sure.

Enough so, that I decided to go get a RedX account for expireds today and hit the phones calling from google voice. Now I'm no dialing master or anything, I'm greener than grass. I'll post my numbers from today below. In my calling today I did run across a lady that used to go to the same church as me. Recognized her name and while she isn't want to relist right now, she requested I send a card and I put her on follow up call.

I'm doing this and working a full time swing shift job, but the plan is to transition into doing this full time because swing shifts just isn't that great, if you know what I mean.

Thanks to all that have contributed! You guys are very inspiring!

I'm not really sure what Redx CRM qualifies as a contact, but for today I had:

Calls Made: 96
Contacts: 17
Voice mails: 6
Call backs set: 2
Appt set: 0

As far as my market..average price is about 196k. Not really high and some parts are more rural but there is a big recreational lake right in the middle of it. And with that comes very higher priced homes that are lakefront. AND lake community homes are in the 250ks to $1million on average I'd say.

Thanks to lucky and estatereal and all the other big contributors! Here's to leaving my job next year and doing this FULL TIME!

#463608 - 02/19/19 05:41 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: Mr. Clean]
Daniel1234 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
anyone else having a lot of trouble with mojo these last couple weeks? low contact rates, laggy, pickup delay

Yes and I called MOJO several times and was told that I was the only one having issues and they won't look on their side until there are multiple complaints.

Clean - I wanted to ask you this.
I just had a sale and it sold quick and for a good price. And I want to do some unaddressed mail in the area.
And since I have no flyers history in that area (will be mailing for first time) I am really concerned that all my flyers will go into the garbage.
I recall you did the same last year or the year before, can u pls tell me 2 things:
1. When you mailed was like a single time mailing or you had actually been farming that area before
2. I recall you used to work with a very experienced agent in your office, did you use his name on the flyers to capture better attention?
3. How many houses did u flyer and how many calls and appointments did u get?

Thanks buddy!

#463611 - 02/20/19 09:15 AM Re: Expired Listings [Re: Daniel1234]
leaf fan Offline

Loc: Ontario
Originally Posted By: Daniel1234
anyone else having a lot of trouble with mojo these last couple weeks? low contact rates, laggy, pickup delay

Yes and I called MOJO several times and was told that I was the only one having issues and they won't look on their side until there are multiple complaints.

I just had a sale and it sold quick and for a good price. And I want to do some unaddressed mail in the area.
And since I have no flyers history in that area (will be mailing for first time) I am really concerned that all my flyers will go into the garbage.
I recall you did the same last year or the year before, can u pls tell me 2 things:
1. When you mailed was like a single time mailing or you had actually been farming that area before
2. I recall you used to work with a very experienced agent in your office, did you use his name on the flyers to capture better attention?

Thanks buddy!

How about this ...get 100-200 flyers JUST SOLD printed then knock on 100-200 doors around the sale! You can drop them off yourself and get to speak to 25% of home owners and pick up some leads!
I have been doing this myself (weather permitting) very friendly people and good leads plus its cheaper then mass mail in area with little response.

Edited by leaf fan (02/20/19 09:15 AM)

#463612 - 02/20/19 10:38 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Scagent]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: Scagent
Hey guys and gals, new 32yr old agent from South Carolina here. Got my license back in the last quarter of last year. Haven't done a deal yet. I'm pretty much guilty of bouncing around from gimmick to gimmick. I've done social media, sphere of influence, mail, some calling to fsbo.

I stumbled onto this thread and read pages 300 to about 370. Then started at 600 and read to the current page. I can say that I was sold on cold calling. Seeing everyone post leads and everything is inspiring for sure.

Enough so, that I decided to go get a RedX account for expireds today and hit the phones calling from google voice. Now I'm no dialing master or anything, I'm greener than grass. I'll post my numbers from today below. In my calling today I did run across a lady that used to go to the same church as me. Recognized her name and while she isn't want to relist right now, she requested I send a card and I put her on follow up call.

I'm doing this and working a full time swing shift job, but the plan is to transition into doing this full time because swing shifts just isn't that great, if you know what I mean.

Thanks to all that have contributed! You guys are very inspiring!

I'm not really sure what Redx CRM qualifies as a contact, but for today I had:

Calls Made: 96
Contacts: 17
Voice mails: 6
Call backs set: 2
Appt set: 0

As far as my market..average price is about 196k. Not really high and some parts are more rural but there is a big recreational lake right in the middle of it. And with that comes very higher priced homes that are lakefront. AND lake community homes are in the 250ks to $1million on average I'd say.

Thanks to lucky and estatereal and all the other big contributors! Here's to leaving my job next year and doing this FULL TIME!

Good for you - this thread is a goldmine. If you're willing to call 3-4 hours a day you will be able to leave that job sooner then you think - don't waste time on the noise (social media, church groups, internet leads, etc). Prospecting is really a marathon - most who attempt calling will call here and there and give up quickly. If you hang in there, put in the work daily, you will have big success.

#463613 - 02/20/19 11:11 AM Re: Expired Listings [Re: Daniel1234]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada

Thanks buddy!

Leaf fan is right, if you can door knock them just print them off and do that instead.

it only really works if the other properties are very similar so they actually care about the sale. condo buildings usually because you can't door knock them and they are all in the same strata, so they are very interested in the sale.

I had good success mailing acreage development properties after 2 sales. the price per acre was transferable to their property, I couldn't door knock them because it would take forever. I sent out 300 and had 3 or 4 calls, a couple of appointments and took one listing for $3m that I have an accepted offer on right now.

#463614 - 02/20/19 12:06 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: Mr. Clean]
Daniel1234 Offline
Veteran Member

Leaf fan is right, if you can door knock them just print them off and do that instead.

it only really works if the other properties are very similar so they actually care about the sale. condo buildings usually because you can't door knock them and they are all in the same strata, so they are very interested in the sale.

I had good success mailing acreage development properties after 2 sales. the price per acre was transferable to their property, I couldn't door knock them because it would take forever. I sent out 300 and had 3 or 4 calls, a couple of appointments and took one listing for $3m that I have an accepted offer on right now.

Thanks Clean!
Had you mailed that area before, meaning were the residents familiar with your face / name and the second question did you put your partner's name / face on the flyers (assuming your friend was a known agent in that area)?

Thanks again!

#463615 - 02/20/19 12:07 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
Scagent Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Hey Z06Fanatic, thank you for the encouragement. It's not the most fancy way to get leads but honestly I don't care. I just want the results, doesn't really matter how I get the results.

They say it takes 10k hours of doing something before you become an "expert" or be great at it. So nothing really left to do but to do it. Watching and learning from Ricky Carruth on youtube also. I have a similar laid back attitude that he does so I relate to him well.

Just had to switch from REDX expireds to geo-leads. Our MLS don't get a lot of expireds and I have ran through my list in just 4 hours of calling. It was only like 213 or so expireds in my area.

Figured Geo-leads will give me a lot more numbers to call, although there will be less interest.

#463616 - 02/20/19 12:12 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: leaf fan]
Daniel1234 Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: leaf fan

How about this ...get 100-200 flyers JUST SOLD printed then knock on 100-200 doors around the sale! You can drop them off yourself and get to speak to 25% of home owners and pick up some leads!
I have been doing this myself (weather permitting) very friendly people and good leads plus its cheaper then mass mail in area with little response.

Thanks Leaf!
It could be a great idea. I may be wrong but I don't know why I believe you work in a country type of area where people are much more open and friendly.
The area I work in is really crazy, they get 2-3 calls PER DAY from realtors, once I tell them I call from real estate they already change the tone in their voice, it's tough down here in Toronto...
But you know what, the tougher it gets the stronger we become.
Aint that right???

#463617 - 02/20/19 01:42 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: Daniel1234]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada

Thanks Clean!
Had you mailed that area before, meaning were the residents familiar with your face / name and the second question did you put your partner's name / face on the flyers (assuming your friend was a known agent in that area)?

Thanks again!

nope neither me nor my partner had any prior name recognition in the area. to get name recognition you'd have to mail every 2 weeks for a year

#463618 - 02/20/19 02:13 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: Mr. Clean]
Daniel1234 Offline
Veteran Member

nope neither me nor my partner had any prior name recognition in the area. to get name recognition you'd have to mail every 2 weeks for a year

Thanks man!

#463622 - 02/21/19 01:36 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: Daniel1234]
leaf fan Offline

Thanks Leaf!
It could be a great idea. I may be wrong but I don't know why I believe you work in a country type of area where people are much more open and friendly.
The area I work in is really crazy, they get 2-3 calls PER DAY from realtors, once I tell them I call from real estate they already change the tone in their voice, it's tough down here in Toronto...
Aint that right???

LOL!!! No i work in area with people just like you. Don't think people are different in other areas ...not true at all.
You need to get that out of your head, I do believe that certain areas will require a higher number of contacts but people are people (some are nice and some are real jerks)

#463623 - 02/21/19 01:38 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: leaf fan]
leaf fan Offline

Thanks Leaf!
Aint that right???

LOL!!! No i work in area with people just like you. Don't think people are different in other areas ...not true at all.
You need to get that out of your head, I do believe that certain areas will require a higher number of contacts but people are people (some are nice and some are real jerks)
I get the same response in my area ...try mixing up calls with door especially around listings and sales. I highly doubt you will get that response face to face.

#463624 - 02/21/19 02:27 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
graceo Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
I have been using my cell phone number on my Mojo calls. I wanted people to have it in case they wanted to list their home or call me back. I'm thinking it was a bad decision.
I goggled my cell phone number. Found it listed on spam call sites. Needless to say I was very upset. I might suggest for newbies to use a different number other than your cell phone number. Just a thought.

Spam/Fraud Potential: Medium Risk
Spam Reports 11
Calls Detected 115
White pages Searches 58

What phone numbers are others using?

#463625 - 02/21/19 04:16 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: graceo]
Trouble Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: GTA Ontario
for phone numbers, you can use "text me" or "text now".
don't use you cell number, its a pain in the a..
they will never call you out of the blue to have you list their house. when they return your call, they just want to know who called. its a waste of time.

Page 779 of 903 < 1 2 ... 777 778 779 780 781 ... 902 903 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
valdostarealtors, AlanBrito, Taa0927, 805bail, Ekirkpatrick
31122 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (LVNV REO GAL, 1 invisible), 56 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Matched Content
Top Posters (30 Days)
Lucky Leonardo 26
Trouble 13
CathCoy 12
Long Walk 8
Bigtoe 7
RonnieWinz 7
Z06Fanatic 7
CountryBoyNC 4
TheGodson 4