Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28978045
No new orders today 13213502
Stupid MLS comments. 3508032
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1321206
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1157915
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1112882
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 898551
Let's talk about our cars 746968
Most common items found at an REO 675214
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 662312
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 659037
REOTRANS 504361
Main Street 484160
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 447008
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 384329
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 362406
Evalonline 300214
Land America 285054
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 389 of 881 < 1 2 ... 387 388 389 390 391 ... 880 881 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#442730 - 01/25/15 06:55 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
BrianMI Offline

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: lucky
...I went in to the office for three hours, I need 32 lead follow up contacts from top producer...

Lucky...you use Top Producer? I don't think I've heard you mention that before. What do you use it for?

Advertisements
#442740 - 01/25/15 11:56 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Rah]
RATKOS Offline

Loc: Las Vegas
Originally Posted By: RAH

Speaking of making babies, great job RATKOS! ... Baby steps daily!...Gradually increase your daily numbers within your comfort zone until you get to your goal! ...It gets easier and easier over time...After a while, if you miss a day, you will feel painfully guilty that you didn't do what you trained yourself to do daily....This relatively easy productive daily habit of hitting your contact numbers will make you a happier person! ...just like making babies.

Makin' babies!

Thank you! I did my drop bys yesterday and met two people in person. The others weren't home and I will follow up. Right now my definition of a "lead" is probably much different than Lucky. But since I'm new to town, I want to get in front of people and talk.

I do see how much sense this makes compared to chasing expireds. All my leads are close to my house. I'm only driving 10 minutes away at max. Although I call expireds too, this seems to make much more sense from a time management perspective as well.

50 was kind of hard, I'll admit. Just got boring and hard to stay focused after a while. I'll push for 60 contacts tomorrow. Even with the triple dialer, I'm only hitting 15-17 peeps an hour sometimes, which I think is poor.

How late do you guys go? I feel uncomfortable going past 7:30 PM. But wonder if 8 is OK?

#442742 - 01/26/15 06:57 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RATKOS]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Sure, 8:00 pm is ok. But I would reserve a few nights per week to follow up leads and do kead generation durin the day.

17 cold contacts per hour is way low. How many dials per hour? With that low a contact rate you should be over 225 dials per hour.

#442745 - 01/26/15 08:14 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
BrianMI Offline

Loc: Michigan
I've been struggling this month. Mostly with re-working my follow up system to me more manageable so that as I wrack up more leads this year I don't get overwhelmed.

The result is that a lot of my January follow up calls have not been made. One of them just listed. Went with an agent that sold 7 listings last year...all over the place. No area focus at all.

List price: $539,000

My notes for this prospect in Mojo were as follows:

8/14: Might be. Don't know. Promised to call back in a month or two.

10/7: Mrs said that plans have NOT firmed up yet. Call after first of year.

She was in my January Follow Up Call Group in Mojo.

#442749 - 01/26/15 09:21 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: BrianMI]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: BrianMI
Originally Posted By: lucky
...I went in to the office for three hours, I need 32 lead follow up contacts from top producer...

Lucky...you use Top Producer? I don't think I've heard you mention that before. What do you use it for?

MY PREVIOUS POST AROUND PAGE 180.......

(((((I keep most of my leads in Top Producer with a predetermined follow up date. I keep a nice leather binder with handles on my credenza which I can take in the car or take home with me if I want to.
In there I keep printed off summaries from TP of my hottest leads and the leads which I generated recently and that need to be requalified again or that want me to call back at 6:00 pm, call next week, etc etc. I hand write the date and hour that I attempted to call along with the result. IE: n/a, left mssge, or who I spoke to with comments. As well as any mail pieces sent.
I always call thru my binder first. Then my data base.

I have many leads where they have 10 n/a or more. I vary the days and times I attempt the n/a leads. I skim thru the binder first for my follow up. I suppose after a couple of months of n/a's it's time to throw them out. Obviously if I see multiple n/a with no contacts in between I gradually diminish my attempts at calling them and skim over them since I have a daily @ weekly goal of how many follow up contacts I want to make & need to make and wasting my time dialing someone who will not answer screws with my goals and my time management.

Lead follow up is a numbers game also and no need to focus on the supposed leads that do not pick up. It's all about the ones that will. It's about the the low hanging fruit. It's about the ones that will pay the commission you want. It's about the finding the nice easy going people. It's about finding the people that are not that picky. Etc. it's about finding the GOLD just like the GOLD miners do. Sifting thru the dirt.

Leads that do not pick up are not low hanging fruit! They are way high up in the tree.

As an example, if you are carrying 200 leads ( which is kinda high) you should have a goal of following up on 100 leads per month minimum. This means 25 per week minimum depending on the time of year. Don't let anything or anyone take you off your schedule or interfere with your contact goals. It's costly and expensive and a recipe to failure.

I find I can only contact 5-7 leads contacts per hour on follow up sessions. So you better set aside the proper allocated time to make those follow up contacts. Top agents follow up in the evenings from 6:00-8:00. You can generate leads in the morning, go home at 3:00 then come back at 5:30-6:00 for follow ups 3 nights a week as well as Saturday's. This is a successful routine and schedule. Fill the pipeline or funnel with dirt then follow up and follow up and follow up to separate the dirt from the GOLD!

Mine enough GOLD to SIGNIFICANTLY overcome your expenses and your spending money and re invest the extra GOLD where it will grow. This will make you rich.

Hope this helps.))))))

I ALSO KEEP MY SPHERE OF INFLUENCE AND PAST CLIENTS AS WELL AS MY LEADS ON TOP PRODUCER......AND I USED IT TO MAIL POSTCARDS AS WELL AS CHRISTMAS CALENDARS ....

Edited by lucky (01/26/15 09:24 AM)

#442750 - 01/26/15 09:39 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: BrianMI]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: BrianMI
I've been struggling this month. Mostly with re-working my follow up system to me more manageable so that as I wrack up more leads this year I don't get overwhelmed.

The result is that a lot of my January follow up calls have not been made. One of them just listed. Went with an agent that sold 7 listings last year...all over the place. No area focus at all.

List price: $539,000

My notes for this prospect in Mojo were as follows:

8/14: Might be. Don't know. Promised to call back in a month or two.

10/7: Mrs said that plans have NOT firmed up yet. Call after first of year.

She was in my January Follow Up Call Group in Mojo.

BRIAN....

You win some you lose some......

Try to not let the ones you lose bother you (I am not saying you do)

Focus mainly on how to get more wins for yourself

I think it is a waste of valuable time to go see every lead before they are actually ready to list.....I would invest that time in lead follow up by phone, actually purging out the crappy leads which always need time and multiple contacts to identify themselves. My concern is that you are wasting a lot of time driving to meet prospects that in time will reveal to you that they really are not moving when you could be using the telephone to cover a lot more ground and a lot more contacts to weed out the GOLDEN NUGGETS which are very few.

Look at me as a classic example. I am now calling 250 leads from 2013.....because of my circumstances, of which the majority still have not moved and are crap. Imagine if I had wasted my time visiting all of these prospects/ supposed leads!!!!

Spend you Saturdays PLUS 3 EVENINGS PER WEEK to stay on top of lead follow up. Don't waste any valuable time driving around to leads unless you are 99% sure they are going to list in the next 30 days. (Even then....they still may not list for 60-120 days)

Edited by lucky (01/26/15 09:49 AM)

#442751 - 01/26/15 10:15 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY
Lucky -

What does a typical successful cold call to listing look like for you?

Edited by RonnieEmz (01/26/15 10:15 AM)

#442760 - 01/26/15 01:14 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Woohoo! Lately I have been getting frustrated with lead generation. Today..., small breakthrough! 200 contacts, 3 leads, 4 hours. I could have added 2 more maybe leads where they want to look first. I hate those.

Also, checked Top Producer. Reduced my leads from 268 to 225 as of today. I feel should be below 200. Probably 150. That's with 200 contacts per day. We shall see what happens.

1 listing taken from this years prospecting so far. Low hanging fruit. Nice people, also want to buy so potential 2 deals for me. Going on market next week.

#442761 - 01/26/15 01:18 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Nice work Lucky!

#442766 - 01/26/15 03:24 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Today's Results

150 Contacts
1 Lead
8 Follow Up Contacts

#442768 - 01/26/15 03:43 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Wow Ronnie,
You did all that and finished by 3:30???

#442769 - 01/26/15 03:51 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
James007 Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
What call back message is best (in mojo) when multiple people pick up?

Mine was "Hi I am _____ with REMAX Real estate, let me call you right back"

It hasn't been effective though..In 2 hours of 3 line dialing I could not contact a single person, who originally picked up the first time.

Thoughts?

#442775 - 01/26/15 05:36 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Can't do much else - in the midst of a blizzard!

Edited by RonnieEmz (01/26/15 05:36 PM)

#442777 - 01/26/15 07:04 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
RATKOS Offline

Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz
Can't do much else - in the midst of a blizzard!

Oh c'mon...how about some door knocking?

#442778 - 01/26/15 07:05 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: James007]
RATKOS Offline

Originally Posted By: James007
What call back message is best (in mojo) when multiple people pick up?

Mine was "Hi I am _____ with REMAX Real estate, let me call you right back"

It hasn't been effective though..In 2 hours of 3 line dialing I could not contact a single person, who originally picked up the first time.

Thoughts?

Mine is "I can't hear you? Hello? I apologize, I'll call you right back."

I get about half who pick back up on second ring.

Page 389 of 881 < 1 2 ... 387 388 389 390 391 ... 880 881 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
andr3s017, joanna omile, desert rat, JWallner, Antonio Gastelum
30914 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 21
realestategreat 15
ManhattanMiami 13
Trouble 13
Bigtoe 9
Z06Fanatic 8
Snap Up 8
Chris Goerge 7
OahuAgent 7