Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29064535
No new orders today 13227212
Stupid MLS comments. 3518398
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1329572
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1164377
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1116820
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 904166
Let's talk about our cars 752342
Most common items found at an REO 679616
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 666364
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 662200
REOTRANS 507600
Main Street 490561
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 450103
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 386469
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 364543
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285054
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#463294 - 01/13/19 12:11 PM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: DJM]
Granta Omega Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
I think the problem is in 2006, I was 19, and all the agents that had trained me were at least in their 50s, some older. They were saying knock on doors, go for the FSBOs, read the paper ads, pay to put an ad in the paper, give out your business card.

The problem is, people aren't looking for a realtor anymore. They are looking for a house. They use the agent they happen to stumble upon when inquiring about it, and being the first agent that contacts them when they have the internet at the palm of their hands is very unlikely.

Advertisements
#463554 - 02/12/19 12:19 AM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: DJM]
Airpropty Offline

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
I agree with ALSTIEL. Good Agents can't be replaced by technology..

#463572 - 02/15/19 02:55 AM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: DJM]
HIRED Schools Offline

Loc: United States
Technology can be helpful in some way but what a real realtor tells you about the property, no one can. Real estate is still growing career.

#463674 - 02/26/19 08:55 PM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: DJM]
Photog Offline

Loc: USA
The job of Realtor is going to disappear, just like the long haul trucker will, and the blacksmith has.

Real Estate will be bought and sold remotely via photos, videos, and VR. 1 central office Realtor will replace 10 or 20 traditional Realtors. Sellers will conduct their own open houses and showings unless they are selling a remote vacation home. So pay a fair price for professional photography.

Edited by Photog (02/26/19 08:57 PM)

#463688 - 02/28/19 06:56 AM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: DJM]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
I have been selling real estate for a long ttime. I have 21 real estate websites that have been the backbone of my business. I hire professional photographers and use virtual tours to promote our listings and yet these professional photos and internet advertising have never helped any of our listings sell faster or for more money than those listings with cell phone pictures.

Pictures don't sell houses, agents do. Professional pictures help get sellers. Buyers are never going to be willing to buy houses without touring every house for sale. Zillow thought they were going to put real estate agents out of businees, like they did to travel agents with expedia, but they are coming to the realization that buyers are not going to buy houses sight unseen. This is why zillow is now opening real estate brokerages with real live real estate agents.

No matter how much you hate real estate agents, we are not getting replaced by the internet.

Edited by Bigtoe (02/28/19 06:58 AM)

#463698 - 02/28/19 07:50 PM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: Bigtoe]
Long Walk Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: Bigtoe
No matter how much you hate real estate agents, we are not getting replaced by the internet.

Ten ring!

I read a quote in 1999 or early 2000 from the CEO of a large start-up internet brokerage, maybe it was Redfin, but it doesn't matter. The CEO said that brokers would never be replaced by technology because brokers are the emotional ballast in the transaction.

Nothing I saw before or since has convinced me that he was wrong.

#463704 - 03/01/19 03:56 PM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: Photog]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: Photog
The job of Realtor is going to disappear, just like the long haul trucker will, and the blacksmith has.

Real Estate will be bought and sold remotely via photos, videos, and VR. 1 central office Realtor will replace 10 or 20 traditional Realtors. Sellers will conduct their own open houses and showings unless they are selling a remote vacation home. So pay a fair price for professional photography.

If that was true the 5-6% brokerages would be dead - they're still thriving for a reason. Anyone can take pics and post to MLS - the reason Agents exist is once the offer comes in. There's too much emotion between both parties to get a deal done without Agents - it's hard enough sometimes with Agents so imagine if the Buyers and Sellers worked directly.

#463722 - 03/05/19 09:56 AM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: DJM]
Granta Omega Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
I don't think the job of the realtor will disappear completely. They're still going to need people to carry out a lot of the work, but it is possible already to start creating different web applications that can generate the purchase agreements for the sellers based on a set of entered criteria, and given they are using the Zillow estimates now to get their home's value, there are also going to likely be more sophisticated services that have more side by side comparisons such as differences in home characteristics.

It's gotten more unlikely though that a newer agent will be able to break into the market, and when the internet was newer, buying leads was considered a waste of money and yielded very few results, but now buying leads is pretty much necessary unless you join a team that will hand you leads.

#463736 - 03/06/19 09:19 AM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: DJM]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Paperwork is not part of the equation. I have all the forms available on one of my sites and it just scares them into using an agent. it might have been possible back in the days of the one page contact but now the 20-30 pages of paperwork needed to sell a house is too much for most people.

#465424 - 07/15/19 07:37 AM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: DJM]
Joyti Sharma Offline

Loc: Haryana, India
The Future of the real estate seems to be bright.

#465458 - 07/17/19 12:28 PM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: DJM]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

The future is so bright, i have to wear shades

#465830 - 09/09/19 02:18 AM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: DJM]
CREBuyer Offline

Loc: AZ
I think Real Estate Brokers will still be around for awhile. The ones who will disapear will be mostly in residential since many of them just get a listing and then put it up on all the property websites/do open houses.

Investment real estate is much more complicated and requires knowledge of P&L's, rent rolls, cash flow analysis, etc. to determin the value of a property. It also isn't as effective as residential to market it publically but needs a more focused marketing style since the large majority of people are not qualified to purchase such properties and fielding their calls from Loopnet takes up more time than its worth. - my opinion as an investment broker with 6 years expierence (I've never sold a house in my life but I've done $34m+ investment property deals so I could be wrong about residential as I am not that familiar with it)

Edited by CREBuyer (09/09/19 02:18 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
ashively, Brad Hanks, BayareaRE, Melvin Good, moreliferealty
30956 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (Obsf10, realestategreat, Trouble), 85 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 7
Z06Fanatic 6
Bigtoe 5
CountryBoyNC 5
Rocky 4
BayareaRE 4
Trouble 3
realestategreat 3
Lucky Leonardo 3