Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28839771
No new orders today 13181068
Stupid MLS comments. 3475706
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1303473
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1145979
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1099055
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 886932
Let's talk about our cars 736227
Most common items found at an REO 666617
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 651066
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 650670
REOTRANS 495665
Main Street 473888
EML 459240
asset val seminar in colorado 441488
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 380196
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 356697
Evalonline 300214
Land America 285054
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 793 of 844 < 1 2 ... 791 792 793 794 795 ... 843 844 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#463998 - 03/29/19 03:23 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Daniel1234]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: LA California
Originally Posted By: Daniel1234

I've talked to 14,000 contacts this year so far and made 19 leads in total. Embarrassing!

it's results like this where I would strongly consider dropping a voicemail if you're using triple dialer.

Otherwise, you might be better off scouring the tax records to find all absentee owners and target those owners directly instead of shotgun brute force dialing. Someone is bound to sell their investment property.

Just the other day, I stumbled upon this 80 year old man who gave up information that he was planning to sell his rental condo this year and trade for a duplex.

Advertisements
#464009 - 03/30/19 10:06 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Daniel1234]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: Lucky Leonardo

Hey Leaf fan:

As per Mojo reports....14% contact ratio for March so far (I call the same community 3 times consecutively, each time thru i picked up 2-3 leads)....about 40 leads this month....1 for 150 contacts.

I've talked to 14,000 contacts this year so far and made 19 leads in total. Embarrassing!
My definition of a lead is a lead who has a strong reason to move in the next 6 months but not longer and has not committed to another realtor yet.
Since January, I monitored myself and I do find 1-2-3 sellers daily (I do 200-300 contacts a day) but they either are committed to an agent (so committed they often hang up on me) or they have a relative who will hire.

Pretty much everywhere in GTA turn over is 3-5%, that means 3-5 homes in 100 sell per year therefore only 2 in 100 sell in 6 months.
So I do discover the sellers kind of but they're not leads for me.

On another hand,lots of people hang up on me when they hear the word real estate, they say no even before I finish my script. Lol I once made an experiment and instead of asking them if they want to sell I asked them if they want to keep their house. Majority said automatically no.
So I bet there are some sellers among these folks somehow.

If you generate 1 lead in 150 contacts with a 15 seconds script that can hardly give you any chance of rapport so prospect will be honest and open to you, and also these leads are clean with no attachment to another realtor, in this market here in GTA, you are a maestro Lucky.

Obviously, when I get a potential lead, I spend more than 15 seconds on the line qualifying them.

This time of year, your definition of a lead is WAY OFF by being too rigid. Stop listening to Mike Ferry. His rigidness with leads is unrealistic in most markets. And it's just Marketing. Its NOT what most agents are doing!!!! That is a fact!!!! It's just like the Marketing of Teams he parades on stage to sell his Coaching. Its not what's profitable for most markets and agents. It gets everyone excited & sells his coaching. That is not what the most profitable agents are really doing!!!!!

Right now, you should take anyone who says they are are going to sell this year. You keep those leads forever as long as they say they still need to sell, or until they actually do sell, or when they definitively say they have changed their mind and not selling anymore., or when you've called them to death and they just don't answer the phone. You want to cultivate a PIPELINE OF MUST SELL LEADS that is as large as you can handle. I mean, wouldn't you rather be following up on a huge pipeline of MUST SELL LEADS than prospecting for leads all the time??????

Look at it this way. When you have no business, or you have no pipeline of leads, you need to prospect your brains out and fill your schedule with 5-10 hours a day, 6 days a week, of lead generation, to build a big book of potential business to follow up on. Your book of potential business must be HUGE because most will change their mind, many won't answer the phone anymore once you have generate them, some will list with someone else, some won't pay a decent commission, some will sell themselves etc. etc. There is a magic number for every agent which will be their conversion rate for a saleable listing. it should be around 5-10%. So in other words, if you generate 100 Must SELL leads is a 12 month period of time, you will only have a pipeline of 70-80 leads at a given time because of attrition.
At a 5% conversion rate you will only take 4 listings in a year. That sucks. Its April now!!! Peak month for people to descide if they going to sell this year. If they are going to do it, they will have decided by now. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU BE SO RIGID IN YOUR DEFINITION OF A LEAD IN APRIL????? ANYONE WHO SAYS THEY ARE GOING TO MOVE THIS YEAR KNOWS BY NOW. KEEP THEM!

THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.
BUILD THAT PIPELINE AND KEEP YOUR FACE IN IT EVERYDAY. SUCCESS IS YOURS...

I've said this before....what would you rather have...a list of 50,000 numbers to call or a PIPELINE OF 500 MUST SELL LEADS??

Now....As Mike Ferry Says....Pay ME!!!!!

Not Him! LOL!!!!!!

Edited by Lucky Leonardo (03/30/19 10:26 AM)

#464010 - 03/30/19 10:48 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: CathCoy]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: CathCoy
You do realize that Prager U is not a university at all nor is it an academic institution. It is an extremely biased and fallacious propaganda machine.

Yes, of course, I realize that Prager U isn't an actual institution of higher learning but I strongly disagree that it produces propaganda. That's the mainstream media's job. One need only read John Podesta's email exchanges with prominent members of mainstream media, wherein they expressed their willingness to advance the liberal agenda, to know that liberal media bias exists.

YES, There is liberal media bias and there is FOX and there is independent media.

But I find i disturbing that you even listen to a man who is lying to you by pretending to be a University!! That alone is scummy and bothersome and should disqualify him.

Cathy, skeptically question both tribes and belong to none. Same goes for Real Estate training. And stay away from Mr PRAGER. He is dishonest at best. Telling you what he wants you to hear. Thats propaganda. Just google him if you don't believe me.

Lets not pollute this thread with political discussion. Most politicians and media are lining their pockets doing what is best for them. We are here to do what's best for us.

#464011 - 03/30/19 12:04 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Daniel1234 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada

Obviously, when I get a potential lead, I spend more than 15 seconds on the line qualifying them.

This time of year, your definition of a lead is WAY OFF by being too rigid. Stop listening to Mike Ferry. His rigidness with leads is unrealistic in most markets. And it's just Marketing. Its NOT what most agents are doing!!!! That is a fact!!!! It's just like the Marketing of Teams he parades on stage to sell his Coaching. Its not what's profitable for most markets and agents. It gets everyone excited & sells his coaching. That is not what the most profitable agents are really doing!!!!!

Right now, you should take anyone who says they are are going to sell this year. You keep those leads forever as long as they say they still need to sell, or until they actually do sell, or when they definitively say they have changed their mind and not selling anymore., or when you've called them to death and they just don't answer the phone. You want to cultivate a PIPELINE OF MUST SELL LEADS that is as large as you can handle. I mean, wouldn't you rather be following up on a huge pipeline of MUST SELL LEADS than prospecting for leads all the time??????

Look at it this way. When you have no business, or you have no pipeline of leads, you need to prospect your brains out and fill your schedule with 5-10 hours a day, 6 days a week, of lead generation, to build a big book of potential business to follow up on. Your book of potential business must be HUGE because most will change their mind, many won't answer the phone anymore once you have generate them, some will list with someone else, some won't pay a decent commission, some will sell themselves etc. etc. There is a magic number for every agent which will be their conversion rate for a saleable listing. it should be around 5-10%. So in other words, if you generate 100 Must SELL leads is a 12 month period of time, you will only have a pipeline of 70-80 leads at a given time because of attrition.
At a 5% conversion rate you will only take 4 listings in a year. That sucks. Its April now!!! Peak month for people to descide if they going to sell this year. If they are going to do it, they will have decided by now. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU BE SO RIGID IN YOUR DEFINITION OF A LEAD IN APRIL????? ANYONE WHO SAYS THEY ARE GOING TO MOVE THIS YEAR KNOWS BY NOW. KEEP THEM!

I've said this before....what would you rather have...a list of 50,000 numbers to call or a PIPELINE OF 500 MUST SELL LEADS??

Not Him! LOL!!!!!!

Thanks Lucky!
From your response I am assuming you do take a lead committed to other agent and follow up on it.

#464013 - 03/30/19 12:47 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
CathCoy Offline

Loc: California
But I find it disturbing that you even listen to a man who is lying to you by pretending to be a University. That alone is scummy and bothersome and should disqualify him. [...] Let's not pollute this thread with political discussion.

With all due respect for your remarkable contributions to this topic thread--indeed, I sent you a private fan note--you don't get to have the last word when the topic occasionally detours into politics, especially when you demean someone else's choices.

I think you're being legalistic when you object to anyone using the word "university" to describe their enterprise. Many enterprises use the word euphemistically. For example, Steve Jobs established Apple University in 2008 as a way to inculcate employees into Apple's business culture and educate them about its history, particularly as the company grew. Are you going to call Mr. Jobs a "liar?"

Back on topic: here's a recorded talk from SalesScripter about how to create an effective telemarketing script. Use a throw-away email address to access.

https://salesscripter.com/how-to-create-a-good-telemarketing-script/

Edited by CathCoy (03/31/19 05:55 PM)

#464014 - 03/30/19 12:54 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
CathCoy Offline

Loc: California
BTW, I've meaning to alert this group to a terrific Chrome add-on that ensures that your written communications are always intelligently written. I use this free tool dozens of times per day.

https://tinyurl.com/yxct2c3n

Edited by CathCoy (03/30/19 12:56 PM)

#464015 - 03/30/19 05:07 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
NewAgent2019 Offline

Loc: New Jersey
How is mojo neighborhood data quality? Anyone using?

#464016 - 03/30/19 09:33 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
CTC Offline

WOW this is gold.

#464017 - 03/30/19 09:40 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
CTC Offline

Lucky if I remember correctly you list 100 houses a year. Are you getting about 1,000 leads a year more or less ? Assuming you have a 10% conversion..
This is so valuable thank you for sharing

#464018 - 03/31/19 07:18 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: CTC]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: CTC
Lucky if I remember correctly you list 100 houses a year. Are you getting about 1,000 leads a year more or less ? Assuming you have a 10% conversion..
This is so valuable thank you for sharing

I have never listed 100 houses a year!

The most I have listed was around 60 when the prices were much lower.

I have never generated more than 250 leads in a year.

My 10 % conversion rate is a forecast based on the intensity of the lead follow up I intend to do, what I think & hop to prove is possible, and actually forcasts that Mike Ferry used to promote. Time will tell.

#464019 - 03/31/19 08:15 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
leaf fan Offline

Loc: Ontario

Hey Leaf fan:

As per Mojo reports....14% contact ratio for March so far (I call the same community 3 times consecutively, each time thru i picked up 2-3 leads)....about 40 leads this month....1 for 150 contacts.

My definition of a lead is a lead who has a strong reason to move in the next 6 months but not longer and has not committed to another realtor yet.
Since January, I monitored myself and I do find 1-2-3 sellers daily (I do 200-300 contacts a day) but they either are committed to an agent (so committed they often hang up on me) or they have a relative who will hire.

Pretty much everywhere in GTA turn over is 3-5%, that means 3-5 homes in 100 sell per year therefore only 2 in 100 sell in 6 months.

On another hand,lots of people hang up on me when they hear the word real estate, they say no even before I finish my script. Lol I once made an experiment and instead of asking them if they want to sell I asked them if they want to keep their house. Majority said automatically no.

If you generate 1 lead in 150 contacts with a 15 seconds script that can hardly give you any chance of rapport so prospect will be honest and open to you, and also these leads are clean with no attachment to another realtor, in this market here in GTA, you are a maestro Lucky.

Not Him! LOL!!!!!!

Right on brother!!!

I may have missed this? Re: your current leads...are you strictly calling them back or are you adding in email/mail etc?

#464032 - 03/31/19 03:02 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: leaf fan]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: leaf fan

Hey Leaf fan:

Not Him! LOL!!!!!!

Right on brother!!!

I may have missed this? Re: your current leads...are you strictly calling them back or are you adding in email/mail etc?

Hey Leaf fan...I’ve contracted a newsletter company to mail their newsletter every other month. On key months, I mail postcards I’m there monthly.

#464033 - 03/31/19 03:06 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Daniel1234]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Not Him! LOL!!!!!!

Thanks Lucky!
From your response I am assuming you do take a lead committed to other agent and follow up on it.

I always ask if they are committed to this agent or are they open to interviewing another top agent to make sure they’ve chosen the right person for the job.

If they’re committed I don’t take the lead.

#464036 - 03/31/19 06:40 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Daniel1234 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada

I always ask if they are committed to this agent or are they open to interviewing another top agent to make sure they’ve chosen the right person for the job.

If they’re committed I don’t take the lead.

Got it, thanks!

#464037 - 04/01/19 07:04 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US
Q2 let's go!!!! I was watching something from Jeff Glover - he has a huge team in NJ and is a big proponent of phone prospecting. He says we should "own the morning" - be very consistent with prospecting from 8-12 and treat it as something you must do. For me the morning is when I have the most energy, the highest pickup rate, etc - OWN THE MORNING.

Page 793 of 844 < 1 2 ... 791 792 793 794 795 ... 843 844 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Alekzkoff, vabewecer, LeatriceLou, executiveRMN19, duerksenrental
30754 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 88
OahuAgent 42
gitmonee 28
Trouble 25
estatereal 25
Lucky Leonardo 25
FlyHigh 20
Nash Vegas 17
ThePeanutGallery 15