Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29081655
No new orders today 13230199
Stupid MLS comments. 3523877
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1333279
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1168225
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1119628
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 906930
Let's talk about our cars 755275
Most common items found at an REO 682230
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 668293
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 664660
REOTRANS 509573
Main Street 493573
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 452301
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 388071
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 366315
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285055
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 776 of 884 < 1 2 ... 774 775 776 777 778 ... 883 884 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#463517 - 02/07/19 12:53 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: T.T.]
Z06Fanatic Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: T.T.
Originally Posted By: RATKOS
Anybody else having issues with Mojo today?

If you're ever unsure whether issues are at your computer or on the Mojo network you can click on the "Support" tab under your name and there's a "System Status" monitor at the top.

Friends on this thread calling and focusing on listings - do you work buyers? I've referred 100% out in my two years.

I'll work Buyers - I don't enjoy it but they're usually also selling. At the end of the day working Buyers pays less money then working with Sellers so I'd rather focus on Sellers.

Advertisements
#463527 - 02/08/19 10:25 AM Expired Listings [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
yoni geron Offline

Loc: nj
Hi,

I'm a new agent in the real estate industry but I have some sales experience with my prior business. I wanted to know if anyone can advise in details (if possible) of a winning way or out of the box way to turn a failed expired listing into a sold listing without dropping the asking price (which most of the time it's the case) Top agents are able sometimes to make some kind of "miracles" and to set a record by selling expired listings at asking price or for even more. I do know it's not happening with all expired listings but i'm looking for an export who can advise. I'm not asking here on how to get the listing or how to do a market comparison I'm looking for the solution without going and dropping the price as the first option. let's assume that the prior agent listing did all the marketing that most agent are aware of plus broker & public open house, Sending flyers to the locals. What will be like 10 steps ahead or something like that in order to nail it! (again, without dropping the asking price) Thank you very much for your time, Will look forward to hear any good feedback.

#463528 - 02/08/19 10:42 AM Re: Expired Listings [Re: yoni geron]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
Originally Posted By: yoni geron
Hi,

I'm a new agent in the real estate industry but I have some sales experience with my prior business. I wanted to know if anyone can advise in details (if possible) of a winning way or out of the box way to turn a failed expired listing into a sold listing without dropping the asking price (which most of the time it's the case) Top agents are able sometimes to make some kind of "miracles" and to set a record by selling expired listings at asking price or for even more. I do know it's not happening with all expired listings but i'm looking for an export who can advise. I'm not asking here on how to get the listing or how to do a market comparison I'm looking for the solution without going and dropping the price as the first option. let's assume that the prior agent listing did all the marketing that most agent are aware of plus broker & public open house, Sending flyers to the locals. What will be like 10 steps ahead or something like that in order to nail it! (again, without dropping the asking price) Thank you very much for your time, Will look forward to hear any good feedback.

Cross your fingers. When that doesn't work ask for a price reduction

#463529 - 02/08/19 01:13 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: yoni geron]
leaf fan Offline

Loc: Ontario
Hi,

Why are you afraid too ask for price reduction?

The seller needs to add more value to attract a buyer either a) update the home/staging etc or b) reduce the price to a range where it will meet the expectations of buyers in that new price range c) or both

Simple ...no need for 10 tricks!!

As a new agent I would find a coach/mentor that can guide you with gaining the skills and mindset to tackle these sellers.

#463530 - 02/08/19 01:46 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: leaf fan]
Long Walk Online   content

Loc: New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: leaf fan
The seller needs to add more value to attract a buyer either a) update the home/staging etc or b) reduce the price to a range where it will meet the expectations of buyers in that new price range c) or both

And, to this, I would add that it can help you decide between these three options if you call/text/email agents after showings. You may find one who is willing to give you the straight story on their buyer's thoughts. And it gives some market-based evidence to take to the seller, which is better than saying, "I think...".

#463535 - 02/09/19 07:00 AM Re: Expired Listings [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
The magical solution you seek does not exist. If you are not getting showings then the price is too high. You can't sell a house without showings even if you can sell ice to an Eskimo. Incrementally lower the price until you start getting showings.

#463537 - 02/09/19 01:35 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: Bigtoe]
sualk54 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hamilton, ON
Old adage:

No showings= price probably 10%+ high
Showings, no offers= price probably 5-10% high
Showings, weak offers= price 3-5% high
Lotsa showings, strong offers= priced right!

Assuming balanced/sellers market

#463538 - 02/10/19 06:52 AM Re: Expired Listings [Re: yoni geron]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Hi,

Top agents are able sometimes to make some kind of "miracles" and to set a record by selling expired listings at asking price or for even more.

Some agents are enjoyable to work with, know how to get their client to cooperate, are willing to do what is necessary to make the deal work, don't screw things up, don't overreact, don't dump work on everyone else and the list goes on. These agents are the ones other agents like to do deals with which helps them become top agents.

Some agents are so bad at what they do resulting in dead deals that other agents avoid them and their listings sit on the market.

Maybe you should not so much look at the agents who performed a miracle but look at the agents who could not sell a listing that was priced right. Don't be like them!

#463540 - 02/10/19 05:51 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: sualk54]
Trouble Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: GTA Ontario
Sualk this is a good adage. I used it on my seller this weekend. Thanks for it.

#463541 - 02/11/19 06:16 AM Re: Expired Listings [Re: Trouble]
sualk54 Offline
Veteran Member

Glad to be of help!

#463543 - 02/11/19 10:03 AM Re: Expired Listings [Re: sualk54]
sualk54 Offline
Veteran Member

Really low pick up rate today, like 2%, on a list I called and scrubbed in the fall- would have expected at least double digits

Anybody else seeing this?

#463544 - 02/11/19 10:46 AM Re: Expired Listings [Re: sualk54]
Trouble Online   content
Veteran Member

Mine is 16% today so far. Last week I had one day that was 8 or 9%. I was dying at that rate.
Depends on the area.

#463547 - 02/11/19 04:06 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: sualk54]
T.T. Offline

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: sualk54
Really low pick up rate today, like 2%, on a list I called and scrubbed in the fall- would have expected at least double digits

Anybody else seeing this?

Checked my dialers and one of them hit 517 line errors in two hours of dialing... I'm pissed.

#463548 - 02/11/19 04:10 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: T.T.]
sualk54 Offline
Veteran Member

had that happen several times, need to watch how quickly it drops the call, if you see the counter spinning like a slot machine, log out and try again

#463549 - 02/11/19 04:30 PM Re: Expired Listings [Re: sualk54]
Trouble Online   content
Veteran Member

Never knew any of that.

Page 776 of 884 < 1 2 ... 774 775 776 777 778 ... 883 884 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
SyndicationPro, mlabanca, Mikaylajacobs, bbayuu, Loansbybeth
30970 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (DangerRanger), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
OahuAgent 10
Z06Fanatic 8
BayareaRE 7
HChomat 4
Long Walk 4
CathCoy 4
Bigtoe 3
MUDAVEN 3
CountryBoyNC 3