Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28815097
No new orders today 13179155
Stupid MLS comments. 3468771
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1299895
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1142926
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1096137
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 884331
Let's talk about our cars 732550
Most common items found at an REO 663908
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 648817
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 648577
REOTRANS 493505
Main Street 471455
EML 459240
asset val seminar in colorado 440155
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 378846
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 355351
Evalonline 300214
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261862
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71360 - 11/22/05 12:49 AM Termite Treatment
Americasdoorstep.com Offline

Loc: Jersey
Just wondering if other States have instituted the same law?
In New Jersey, before a termite inspector can do a treament on a home, he must call the local utility companies to markout the property for utility lines which means the treament can't be done for 7-10 days.
Have other States instituted this yet?

Advertisements
#71361 - 11/22/05 05:12 AM Re: Termite Treatment
rwoodinsd Offline

Loc: San Diego
No - in our area (San Diego) we have to have the utility company out to turn off the gas, then turn it back on. That's because a couple of houses blew up... what is the purpose in marking the utility lines?

#71362 - 11/22/05 12:53 PM Re: Termite Treatment
Russel Ray Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
I've been thinking about that requirement for about 15 minutes now, and for the life of me I can't come up with a logical reason why marking the utility lines might be important for termite treatment.

The only thing I can think of is that one doesn't want the treatment professionals to hang themselves on any overhead wires when they're up on the roof. But if they can't see those overhead wires, perhaps they should be in a different business anyway, and any additional marketing probably won't help.

I look forward to the answer.

#71363 - 11/22/05 01:07 PM Re: Termite Treatment
ky realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: kentucky
I can think of a good reason. Proper termite treatment in our area requires drilling into the ground. I can see where this might create some problems with underground electric, gas, or water lines. As far as I know, we don't have this law yet, but it might be a good idea. Different areas have different treatment methods; some areas use the "tenting" method. I am not a termite expert, but I have seen the drilling and/or trenching done in my area.

#71364 - 11/22/05 01:24 PM Re: Termite Treatment
Russel Ray Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
With all the subterranean termites we have here in San Diego, I wonder why the pest control companies here don't drill.

I've only had termite work done in Texas, Louisiana, and California, and it was always by tenting, so I'm not familiar with drilling. That, however, would be a very, very good reason to mark any underground utility lines.

Thanks, ky realtor.

#71365 - 11/22/05 04:20 PM Re: Termite Treatment
Americasdoorstep.com Offline

Loc: Jersey
In NJ to do a termite treatment correctly pest control companies must drill around the house every couple of feet and inject whatever they inject into the ground. I think someone blew up a house one day when they hit a gas line so they are now requiring it.

#71366 - 01/06/06 02:52 AM Re: Termite Treatment
Kathy578 Offline

Loc: Ohio
It's not a requirement in Ohio however termite treaters are required to locate all underground utilities to the best of their ability prior to treatment. Water lines that run through slab foundations are a big concern. Utility lines running close to the exterior foundation could be damaged when ground rodding. Accidents happen though, no matter how careful.

#203577 - 02/17/08 02:13 PM Re: Termite Treatment [Re: Kathy578]
Jeff Remas Offline

Loc: Northeastern Pennsylvania and ...
This was a good move by NJ. Requiring this will save lives and property. Drilling blindly into the soil and through sidewalks, driveways is dangerous and yes they did blow up a house in NJ.

Not all states have that as a law, as a matter of fact, most don't. I own a pest control company separate from my home inspection company and belong to the PA One Call system which has the utility companies go out and mark the lines. Not shut them down but mark them. I require this be used before every termite treatment.
[url=www.PAinspector.com]www.PAinspector.com[/url]
877-223-4462

#463382 - 01/22/19 06:21 PM Re: Termite Treatment [Re: Americasdoorstep.com]
alaim712 Offline

Loc: australia
I will endorse you earlier than tenting and trenching approach you need to contact professional termite experts, they have got an appropriate evaluation and proper solution for that. With all the subterranean termites we have here in Sydney, I am wondering why the pest control companies here do not drill.

#463384 - 01/22/19 09:12 PM Re: Termite Treatment [Re: alaim712]
Long Walk Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: Russel Ray
With all the subterranean termites we have here in San Diego, I wonder why the pest control companies here don't drill.

Originally Posted By: alaim712
With all the subterranean termites we have here in Sydney, I am wondering why the pest control companies here do not drill.

Welcome to the site, Alaim! I couldn't resist with the quotes above. This thread sounds like an echo chamber...and the last post in it before today was 11 years ago.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
NMonroe, Jimredsox, James Gallagher, Mike Badenoch, myownhomefinder
30706 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (Z06Fanatic, CaliRealtor23, Trouble, 1 invisible), 71 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 92
Lucky Leonardo 43
OahuAgent 35
TimWin23 31
leaf fan 22
CaliRealtor23 22
Z06Fanatic 21
Trouble 20
gitmonee 15