Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29209927
No new orders today 13243941
Stupid MLS comments. 3534052
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1339432
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1180839
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1123985
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 910269
Let's talk about our cars 761466
Most common items found at an REO 687904
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 673567
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 667519
REOTRANS 512398
Main Street 497804
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 453959
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 389512
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 367466
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285056
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#455409 - 11/14/16 03:24 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
TheBPOExpert Offline

Loc: Georgia
If you plan to do BPOs you should ask him if he has a problem with you doing bpos first of all. You should also address up front whether he will allow you to keep your BPO money or whether it is subject to the commission split.

Advertisements
#455411 - 11/14/16 04:41 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TheBPOExpert]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: TheBPOExpert
If you plan to do BPOs you should ask him if he has a problem with you doing bpos first of all. You should also address up front whether he will allow you to keep your BPO money or whether it is subject to the commission split.

And ask if s/he will have a problem providing a copy of the Brokerage's E&O Policy to your BPO Mills . . . . as most now require proof of Coverage. Some also want the General Liability and Auto Policies as well; but E&O is the most common.

#457497 - 04/27/17 05:21 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: estatereal]
Finance Daksh Offline

Loc: Uttar Pradesh
The best thing is to create your own brand.

#457541 - 04/27/17 08:11 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
Dripping Springs Offline

Loc: TX
BPO's are great but if your broker is unfamiliar with them how will he oversee it from a liability standpoint?

#459416 - 10/18/17 03:25 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
Hailey Offline

Loc: Australia
Nice thread! Keep it coming..

#459447 - 10/20/17 06:13 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: John_Myers]
Long Walk Online   content

Loc: New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: John_Myers
Commission splits and is there a cap on the commissions

What type of training do they provide. Generating leads is the most important issue for real estate agents. You need to understand the laws, practices, and procedures. No leads, no business, no commission.

Understand all of the fees you will be required to pay.

There isn't much else that needs to be said in this thread, IMO. Training, splits, costs, and supervision.... I can't think of anything else.

But, I can think of a question new agents ought to be asking themselves: Am I willing to prospect daily for business. Without a definite 'YES!' answer, there is nothing any broker could do to help a new new agent.

#461038 - 03/27/18 07:57 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
Roger Perry Offline

Loc: United Stat, California
This is great..... All the best...

#461040 - 03/27/18 10:33 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: Roger Perry]
Long Walk Online   content

Loc: New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: Roger Perry
This is great..... All the best...
Roger -- all your posts read like a VA increasing a post count for a customer. Are you a licensee?

#462552 - 09/30/18 03:59 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
ALSTIEL Offline

Loc: Pa.
Another couple of questions if they haven't been specified, is ask how many agents they have hired in the last year?

How many of those agents are still with you?

How many agents do you have working here?
Then follow up with how many of those agents have been with you over the last three or even five years?

If they say they have 25 agents and only 10 have been there for three to five years or more. Those 10 are probably the only ones making a good living there.

I asked a broker and an agent this in the last week and they said that usually less than 20% more like 15% are still active in real estate five years after getting their license.

Are these brokerages just looking at a cattle call or is the brokerage serious about you actually making money for them.

I had one office manager tell me that she made most of her money recruiting agents for the brokerage. She got a bonus for every licensed agent she pulled through the door over her quota.

Edited by ALSTIEL (09/30/18 04:00 PM)

#462553 - 09/30/18 04:32 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: ALSTIEL
". . . I had one office manager tell me that she made most of her money recruiting agents for the brokerage. She got a bonus for every licensed agent she pulled through the door over her quota . . ."

Quota of what? You would think that an Office Manager would be on Salary; not on a some kind of production quota. Maybe she's really the Sales Manager ?

From a practical point of view, the Brokerage can't afford to pay anybody anything unless those Agents are also productive . . . . but most don't have the temperment to produce anything; and nobody knows which ones those are until they try. That's why so many are called but so few are chosen.

#462568 - 10/03/18 09:05 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
ALSTIEL Offline

Loc: Pa.
Vermont, The way she put it was she had a quota that was expected of her in the number of Agents she got to join the brokerage. She got a bonus for every "body" she could bring in over that base number each quarter.

#462569 - 10/03/18 10:23 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Still sounds odd to me. If "she made most of her money recruiting agents for the brokerage", then what does she do the rest of the time ?

Don't bother answering unless this is the brokerage where you finally landed.

#462588 - 10/08/18 11:32 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
Flavius Offline

Loc: Florida
One of the first questions should be what's the commission on selling your house, usually it's around 3% ... you can find more details here about How much does a Real Estate Agent make?

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
jmarshallsquare, jeannptns01, s3th1j0hns0n, Andrew Silva, SKB
31030 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (realestategreat, 1 invisible), 44 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 21
Z06Fanatic 20
realestategreat 17
Lucky Leonardo 15
T.T. 12
OahuAgent 11
Trouble 10
Long Walk 7
RATKOS 4