Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28528402
No new orders today 13144690
Stupid MLS comments. 3359516
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1235413
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1107881
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1062611
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 850855
Let's talk about our cars 702670
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 627851
Most common items found at an REO 625796
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 618299
REOTRANS 466650
EML 459235
Main Street 449027
asset val seminar in colorado 425527
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 356170
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 331652
Evalonline 300210
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 716 of 718 < 1 2 ... 714 715 716 717 718 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#461659 - 06/12/18 09:29 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Micah149]
newagent2028 Offline

Loc: MA
Hi, yes read thru the thread very valuable!
Reluctance is all in your head, i know I go though it and we all do its normal..

Yes, I do some hangouts thru google with a few agents, always good to kick around ideas and talk between calls

I keep track of my numbers with hours, dials, leads, appointments, etc myself but don't post em here

How many contacts are you shooting for weekly?

Originally Posted By: Micah149
Hello everyone. Long time reader (couple of weeks to get to the middle of this enormous thread), still on page 372 but thought I'd stop hovering and start contributing. Question: Lucky Leonardo is still active back on page 372, but I am not seeing him in the later posts. Is he still here?

I have been with MFO for 2 years, took a long break from the beginning of this year till now for personal reasons and starting back to prospecting again. Have a huge call reluctance now but working through it, with help of this thread as well.

Do any of you join google hangout when prospecting?

Anyone would like to start posting numbers again for accountability,how many calls a day, how many leads, hours prospected, what leads are (to see what quality of a lead), etc?

Happy Prospecting!

Advertisements
#461664 - 06/12/18 06:17 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: newagent2028]
Micah149 Offline

Loc: DFW
I actually read this tread every morning before starting my calling. As I am just getting back, I try for minimum 30-35/day for this week, with goal to increase it each week as I am getting back in the groove.

I have never had a deal from cold call before. I worked sphere and past clients up until my break, but I am finding it very unreliable and inconsistent, and being relatively new agent with not so big sphere - 3 years - I need a steady flow of business that - I have a blind trust - will come from cold calling.

What time are your hangouts? I am in Texas, US, Central time, would like to start geting links to each if possible. Will give my email/cell if you say yes. Also, how long do they normally last? I prospect throughout the day if I don't have any appointments.

Edited by Micah149 (06/12/18 06:18 PM)

#461665 - 06/13/18 07:55 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Micah149]
newagent2028 Offline

Yes when I go full time i plan on min 4 hours a day starting at 8am.. i will be full time in about 2 weeks-

if you'd like to join a call, just let me know man!

I actually read this tread every morning before starting my calling. As I am just getting back, I try for minimum 30-35/day for this week, with goal to increase it each week as I am getting back in the groove.

I have never had a deal from cold call before. I worked sphere and past clients up until my break, but I am finding it very unreliable and inconsistent, and being relatively new agent with not so big sphere - 3 years - I need a steady flow of business that - I have a blind trust - will come from cold calling.

What time are your hangouts? I am in Texas, US, Central time, would like to start geting links to each if possible. Will give my email/cell if you say yes. Also, how long do they normally last? I prospect throughout the day if I don't have any appointments.

#461666 - 06/13/18 08:34 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: newagent2028]
Micah149 Offline

Just sent you PM, I am in! Regardless of the time. I like to keep it on when I work anyway, adds accountability.

Originally Posted By: newagent2028
Yes when I go full time i plan on min 4 hours a day starting at 8am.. i will be full time in about 2 weeks-

if you'd like to join a call, just let me know man!

#461667 - 06/13/18 11:52 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Mr. Clean Online   content

Loc: Western Canada
Market is slowwww I have five listings just sitting right now. Starting to appreciate good buyers lol

#461668 - 06/13/18 04:03 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
Trouble Offline

Loc: GTA Ontario
i hear ya

#461669 - 06/14/18 11:11 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
newagent2028 Offline

i am slowly building a database thru cold calling... I can't imagine what I would do if I did not actively prospect.

#461670 - 06/14/18 11:22 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US
Reluctance is the biggest hurdle separating elites from average Agents in my mind.....in the end a phone call is a phone call - you can build it up in your mind into this terrible situation of what if's, or just make the call and realize its not a big deal. I'll be licensed for two years in September and feel it took me up until a couple months ago to become free from reluctance. I still have my moments but they're rare - in the end its just a result of calling from day 1 and building up the confidence and ability to take negativity. I remember Ronnie saying something to the effect that he can't wait to dial the next day - at the time I thought he was full of [censored] but now I get it. Every day we begin a session is a shot to find our next deal and progress our careers - why would you not be excited to get out there and get to the next level?

#461673 - 06/14/18 02:49 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Z06Fanatic
Reluctance is the biggest hurdle separating elites from average Agents in my mind.....in the end a phone call is a phone call - you can build it up in your mind into this terrible situation of what if's, or just make the call and realize its not a big deal. I'll be licensed for two years in September and feel it took me up until a couple months ago to become free from reluctance. I still have my moments but they're rare - in the end its just a result of calling from day 1 and building up the confidence and ability to take negativity. I remember Ronnie saying something to the effect that he can't wait to dial the next day - at the time I thought he was full of [censored] but now I get it. Every day we begin a session is a shot to find our next deal and progress our careers - why would you not be excited to get out there and get to the next level?

It's like printing money!

#461676 - 06/15/18 11:45 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
Micah149 Offline

Well said. I have been clearing my old leads I accumulated from before my unsolicited break. It's been pretty freeing to get rid of old and no good leads. Then I have 4560 numbers to call before month's end, that should give me about a 1000 contacts and, hopefully, one listing. I eagerly anticipate my first listing from cold calling.

Reluctance - yes, everyone has it to some degree, in some point of their career, I think it's not the absence of reluctance that separates Elite from average, but it's how we choose to deal with it. One looks for it as an excuse, another - embraces the fear and does it anyway. It's how my MFO coach used to say - you are either earning or you are learning.

#461677 - 06/15/18 12:54 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Micah149]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US

Well said. I have been clearing my old leads I accumulated from before my unsolicited break. It's been pretty freeing to get rid of old and no good leads. Then I have 4560 numbers to call before month's end, that should give me about a 1000 contacts and, hopefully, one listing. I eagerly anticipate my first listing from cold calling.

Reluctance - yes, everyone has it to some degree, in some point of their career, I think it's not the absence of reluctance that separates Elite from average, but it's how we choose to deal with it. One looks for it as an excuse, another - embraces the fear and does it anyway. It's how my MFO coach used to say - you are either earning or you are learning.

What I find with reluctance is it's hard to put in strong hours if you have a significant fear of the phone. If you're uncomfortable prospecting you're going to have short sessions and find reasons not to do it the next day and end up being unproductive. If you embrace that initial "pain" and grind through it everyday eventually you'll get to a point where calling sessions aren't painful and you can do it for hours on end. Imagine if you felt the same watching TV as you did prospecting? That's where you want to be imo.

#461678 - 06/15/18 02:15 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Offline

I don't have reluctance with cold calling, I tend to have it with follow-up calls. I don't want to hear the bad news.
My first sales job many years, ago was selling photocopiers to companies in the "oil patch" I was on the road all day,door-knocking or appts. It was the days before cell phones. I learned to prospect between meetings (which were all day long). My Manager used to say "you always have a spare 10 minutes between appts." So I would sit in the company reception room and use their phone and make 5 or 6 calls. It taught me to squeeze in small bites of follow up calls, instead of waiting for the perfect time and setting.
Today I still do it that way as it's easier to do a few at a time. I always have my database with me on my cellphone, or some index cards with hot leads.

Edited by Trouble (06/15/18 02:17 PM)

#461679 - 06/15/18 04:07 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
estatereal Online   content
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
i think prospecting is easier once you realize how much money you make doing it.

i mean, id rather be out on a boat or in a cabin all week long vacationing with my family, but i gotta make money, so there are always other things id rather do than prospect.

what i realize though is that the more i prospect the more money i make.

so now, anything other than prospecting to me during my working hours feels like a waste of time.

writing a contract, yeah, it helps make money, but it makes you no more money than you were already making......prospecting...makes more future money....

you are only as good as your last sale, so you can focus on what you have right now or work on making more

prospecting is working on making more
writing a contract is solidifying what you already have

not sure i explained that correctly, but i think you get the drift.

i prospect because its the #1 thing that i do to make sure i'm on the boat and vacationing and spending the time i want doing the things i want with my family. so because of that...i truly have learned to love prospecting.

on another note...some time ago ...maybe a few pages back...there was talk about a guy who does roleplay.....
i was going to comment and give the specific time in his video that CONTRADICTS what people are saying on the forums about him as an individual vs him as a team.
**he is not an individual with a partner who prospects....
**HE IS A TEAM...he has 10+ people on his team....he names them off...they are on his website......
I point this out only because when you are disecting a business, you need to have all the info.....
example......an agent closes 200 deals a year
is much different than
saying: a team of 10 closes 200 deals a year

dont get me wrong, im not downing it...he has a great business, but you need to understand how things are set up to understand all of the numbers.

i look at and have copied other agents models for years...taking the parts i like....to do that i study what i have available.

for instance if i ran it all through my name and had an office of 50 agents, and i closed 500 transactions in my name and made the claim, am i a team or an individual? its only 10 transactions per person on the team, really a very very doable number when you break it down...but for the purpose of coaching...if that example were me, i should not tell other agents that you can be a solo agent and run 500 transactions and take weekends off because that is leaving out a lot of very important details.....i take weekeneds off cause i have 50 agents working the business...see where im going with that???

**the other point to take away is that in the video (again, i did not have time to point out the specific time in the video) but if any of you watched it in its entirety, you will notice it was made in 2014. he said back then even that he DID NOT DO ROLEPLAY...he even said he does not do it for the fact that he has child duties to tend to so it does not fit into the schedule....
long story short...that was the point i was making....we can all use more prospecting time and less time doing other non moneymaking things during money making time..once you are at a peak of doing 50,100,150 or in his case 200 transactions....if you are doin 200 transactions you have enough practice to be ready to prospect when you pick up the phone and imho are wasting your time if you spend 30 min roleplaying because it gives 0 probability of booking an appt.

im talking about people at ahte top of thier game.....not someone learning how to do it...at the same time, a coach is selling you on thier service...they will never tell you what i just told you about roleplay...coaches would be out of business if they ***only** had clients who did 50,100,200 transactions...they are selling to the masses....the masses dont prospect for 4 hours a day....im talking to the elite..im not selling anything (not yet anyway)....the agent a coach needs to appeal to the most needs to roleplay.......that is the majority of agents...who does less than x number of deals ...but once at level xyz, you make more money and grow more by prospecting more.

Edited by estatereal (06/15/18 04:51 PM)

#461680 - 06/15/18 04:12 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
estatereal Online   content
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
i point all this out only for 1 reason....we all are often sold products...agents are easy to sell to...but often the products that are sold to us are not quite as great as they are hyped.......so you really have to do your own dissection and research to figure things out and see how the gears turn.

#461681 - 06/15/18 05:07 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Offline

Thanks Estatereal, Great perspective.
Bottom line......spend more time calling !

Page 716 of 718 < 1 2 ... 714 715 716 717 718 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
CShaw, kmajors, alen111, deanne, Cupcakes
30194 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 16
Trouble 16
Mr. Clean 10
Z06Fanatic 10
estatereal 10
T.T. 9
newagent2028 7
HChomat 7
silex 5