Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28668065
No new orders today 13164006
Stupid MLS comments. 3390042
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1252164
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1116931
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1070442
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 859443
Let's talk about our cars 711038
Most common items found at an REO 641374
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 632959
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 627416
REOTRANS 474772
EML 459238
Main Street 457206
asset val seminar in colorado 429518
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 360861
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 337099
Evalonline 300211
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#461616 - 06/05/18 02:43 PM Future of Real Estate
DJM Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
All, the future of real estate seems to elude me, so I would like your opinions on something. With knowing exactly what it will be like as a Real Estate Agent, or Real Estate Broker, which would you choose to pursue and why? If you had a choice that is? What do you all think being a RE Agent & Broker will be like in say 10, 15 or 20 years from now?

Advertisements
#461620 - 06/06/18 05:22 AM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: DJM]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
I'm not a clairvoyant (in fact, I'm now retired) and you've been observing this industry for 4 years or more yourself; so your observations would be just as accurate and valuable as mine.

In a little over 30 years, I have watched the growth of more State and National Regulation following the S&L Banking Crisis of the mid-1980s and the growth of national consolidators like Zillow and Trulia together with the advent of the internet while our local control of the MLS receded or was then completely surrendered. We still provide the data at the local level; but increasingly, we have lost control of who it is sold to afterwards, and now have to pay others to use it.

Further inroads into Commission reductions and Referral Fees by FSBO organizations and Lead Aggregators like Homelight take advantage of our individual decision making, while the National REALTOR Organization is increasingly helpless in defending against such incursions.

Agents need to know what the trending tidal movements are on a national scale and resist the temptation of giving away the bulk of their income to remote organizations which beckon them with easy sources of information which they could work to obtain themselves . . . . but they won't.

Maybe someone else foresees systemic improvements for the individual Agents in the industry . . . . but I see the future as fairly bleak.

#461628 - 06/07/18 09:17 AM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: DJM]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
i just received a 5k commission check from someone for being an advisor...

long story short

seller found buyer
buyer had agent
all was smooth
bump was hit (as always happens)
agent was needed.
they came to me.....
i said, you already have contract etc....
i said, i can advise (had agreement for this)
got paid 5k for advice
house closed

bottom line, deal would not have closed without me due to everyone being past thier breaking point...if i were there from day 1, knowing what i know after the fact, i would have had it done without them even loosing any sleep......i came in after deal blew up..put it together....got them where they wanted to go...got paid 5k.....did not even touch a single doc..just advised and instruction was headed...outcome positive....deal done

tehre are so many moving parts and the 1 thing that computers cannot help are peoples emotions..until you have people with no emotions who are 100% logical and 100% rational, ethical, cool headed, willing to work to make a bridge with the other party instead of a wall...as soon as you can get that, we are out of business...but due to the nature of a human bean, it is not going to happen...

for me.....this year...best year ever....

it can be your best year too if you want to figure it out and put in the time.

#461845 - 07/10/18 03:55 AM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: DJM]
Bob Squiers Offline

Loc: MICHIGAN
Future of real estate can be:-

1. Databases will be complicated
2. Use of technology and cloud will increase
3. commissions & fees will rise rapidly

#461853 - 07/10/18 10:18 PM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: DJM]
Tex Offline

Loc: TX
I think that with the states having budget problems that sooner or later they just might wake up and realize that they aren't getting their piece of the RE transaction pie. There will be a tax on transactions, and the transactions will have to be transacted by agents.

Government also seems to want to "protect us from ourselves." I bet that some day it won't be legal to sell a home without an agent. And with the ongoing dumbing down of America more and more people need protecting from themselves.

Actually that might equate to more renters. Fewer and fewer young people are realizing the dream of home ownership.

I kind of wish that title companies would stop handling private transactions, (FSBOs). I bet that if a title company did that and advertised it to agents they would get a lot more business.

#461856 - 07/11/18 04:27 AM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: Tex]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Tex
". . . they aren't getting their piece of the RE transaction pie. There will be a tax on transactions . . ."

Most States (about 75%) have realized this and impose a Property Transfer Tax at Closing . . . . Texas IS NOT one of them "yet". Here's a Table:

Property Transfer Taxes by State

#461872 - 07/12/18 10:11 PM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: Bob Squiers]
Tim Bizz Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Being a DBA I think Databases are actually not complicated that much at all. Really if you think of a Database it is just a big Excel spreadsheet that has ways to logically manipulate the data. IN the end this is really what your content/User Management system is all about!

The Cloud is an interesting concept as most people have no idea how the cloud works and what it could do for them. In an enterprise clouds give collaboration which is really needed in the Real estate industry.

Not sure about number 3 I think that will be managed closely by the marketplace. If you are too high you just won't get the people... However time will tell smile

Edited by Tim Bizz (07/12/18 10:12 PM)

#461901 - 07/16/18 09:06 PM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: Bob Squiers]
DJM Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Thanks everyone for your insight, pretty interesting. Hey Bob, can you explain number 3 and why you think commissions and fees will just get higher when I see them getting lower in some cases? As someone mentioned, any higher and no one will want to pay it.

#462163 - 08/17/18 01:27 PM Re: Future of Real Estate [Re: DJM]
dalebeshansky Offline

Loc: California
Just personal observation from a newly licensed salesperson. I am engaged with a major firm in my area for training and hopefully starting to make my own transactions in a few months.
I am curious why no one mentioned online brokerages? I am new to this forum as well (about a month) and may have missed such discussions.
It seems that would be the way of the future. The agent would still be working hard to generate leads in his area, but having all transactions handled online, and stripping away some desk and other facility usage and service fees would be a plus.
You would still have to advertise, and do signage and photos, which some firms like the one I am joining cover as part of the monthly fee.
REAL, RE (in CA), EXP, etc. are few major ones. I think they are thin on training, which is not a surprise.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
BPO photo taker, mzweichert, sami, Coach Carla, tiffanyc
30394 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (TampaRealEstate, MountainBPO, NextStep, BPO photo taker), 83 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 32
Trouble 17
gitmonee 15
Daniel1234 14
Vermont 11
estatereal 8
Suburban Gal 8
T.T. 7
Z06Fanatic 6