Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28790410
No new orders today 13176490
Stupid MLS comments. 3449487
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1295295
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1138580
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1092667
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 881518
Let's talk about our cars 729443
Most common items found at an REO 661215
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 646420
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 645869
REOTRANS 491160
Main Street 468355
EML 459240
asset val seminar in colorado 438365
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 377104
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 353408
Evalonline 300214
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261862
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#461594 - 06/02/18 12:05 PM Closing on a Home and Our Agent Left the Agency
bmark Offline

Loc: CO
We are closing on a home and when I called our agent today to discuss the inspection report, we were told our agent is no longer with the company. I spoke with a manager for a few minutes and he said we will be working with the owner of the company. Will this complicate the process and any advice? How can we make it easier for our new agent and will our old agent get the commission?
Thanks.

Edited by bmark (06/02/18 12:23 PM)

Advertisements
#461595 - 06/02/18 01:04 PM Re: Closing on a Home and Our Agent Left the Agency [Re: bmark]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Unless there are aspects of the Inspection Report that only your Agent knows about, it would seem that most of the heavy lifting is done; but it sounds like the transaction was left in capable hands.

You may not know; but the circumstances of your Agent's departure are a bit odd; and I would expect him/her to contact you with reassurances that is the case.

The Agent's Commission "should" not be an issue for you.

#461596 - 06/02/18 01:37 PM Re: Closing on a Home and Our Agent Left the Agency [Re: Vermont]
bmark Offline

Thanks Vermont,I feel a bit better. The whole situation was very odd right from the beginning of the buying process and I should have not ignored some red flags. I'm actually relived in a way, but a bit nervous at the same time that something might fall though the cracks between the lender and the new agent. I want to give the new broker a few days so he can get everything in order and will try speak with him early next week, but we trust him and it now feels like we have an agent who is on our side. The listing agent works for the same company as our new agent, so I'm sure it will be OK, but this whole process has left me a bit pessimistic and I'm just waiting for something else to go wrong. It's ironic, my wife said last night that she doesn't think our original agent will last long, but I didn't she meant 8 hours later.

Edited by bmark (06/02/18 01:50 PM)

#461597 - 06/02/18 04:56 PM Re: Closing on a Home and Our Agent Left the Agency [Re: bmark]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: bmark
". . . listing agent works for the same company as our new agent . . ."

That could be an issue; obviously they (the Brokerage) represented the Seller BEFORE they could represent you and your Wife. Seldom can the same Agency represent BOTH Buyer and Seller.

Did you consider the relieved Agent to have been a Buyer Broker for you ?

#461598 - 06/02/18 05:43 PM Re: Closing on a Home and Our Agent Left the Agency [Re: Vermont]
bmark Offline

Yes we did. Is this not common practice to have the listing agent and buying agent work for the same firm? Sorry, very new to all of this.

#461599 - 06/02/18 07:45 PM Re: Closing on a Home and Our Agent Left the Agency [Re: bmark]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: bmark
". . . Is this not common practice to have the listing agent and buying agent work for the same firm? . . ."

No; that would constitute Dual Agency which is prohibited in many jurisdictions. Colorado may allow it; I don't know.

Legally, you were probably classified as just a "Customer" and NOT a "Client"; which means your interests could not be placed above that of the Seller or the Brokerage. That's a traditional real estate relationship; but you should know that you have no one who's bearing a contractual fiduciary responsibility to you and your Wife . . . . and cannot refer to or think of anyone as being "My" Agent.

Colorado should have required that these Agency relationships be disclosed "in writing" so that you knew who had your back legally, and who may only have appeared to have your back.

This untimely change of Agents may give you a comfortable opportunity to get these matters clarified so that you know who's on your side going forward . . . . and who's on the Seller's side.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
PayLease, Westmalle, rihaansmith, theEman, Winnie Slayer
30648 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (T.T., newagent2028, graceo), 39 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Z06Fanatic 19
Trouble 18
CathCoy 16
Bigtoe 16
sualk54 13
gitmonee 10
Long Walk 8
RATKOS 8
graceo 6