Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28652976
No new orders today 13162150
Stupid MLS comments. 3383478
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1249240
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1115076
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1069604
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 858473
Let's talk about our cars 709703
Most common items found at an REO 639195
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 632109
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 626146
REOTRANS 472961
EML 459238
Main Street 456291
asset val seminar in colorado 428595
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 360238
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 335223
Evalonline 300211
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406296 - 05/06/12 01:41 PM Re: The RITES of SPRING [Re: Vermont]
shana Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Nevada
"Even in the Shooting The Breeze Section you have to be hateful, confrontational, generally a B!&ch?"

apparently that is your interpretation. NOTHING that I have said in this thread is remotely hateful. most of what I said is simply HISTORY.

confrontational...yes. It appears that you have a hard time handling an intellectual confrontation, especially those that challenge your morals and ethics. I am very well educated and objective in my views. I happen to enjoy those challenges. you don't have to agree with me, you don't have to agree with other cultures and religions, and they don't have to agree with you. the Earth does not revolve around YOU, or one culture or one religion, so don't let it bother you. my comments are not intended to be malicious. they are intended to challenge your mind...to motivate you think outside the box that mainstream society has conditioned you to be in.

Advertisements
#406297 - 05/06/12 01:51 PM Re: The RITES of SPRING [Re: REODayton]
DueDiligence Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Wild Wild West
Originally Posted By: REODayton
Originally Posted By: shana
Originally Posted By: REODayton
I remember as a kid my Grandpa was the Mayor of his town in Perry County Ohio. He obtained the position because the residing Mayor was moving south and the town did not have the funds to have a special election. Grandpa was appointed to the office to serve out the next two years as Mr. Mayor.

I remember numerous times the State Highway Patrol would call him because one of the residents was picked up for driving drunk to be released to his custody and taken care of in Mayors court.

Mayors court consisted of a stern talking to, a promise to mow some community grass owned by the town. All conducted at an Eagles Lodge over a round of beers.

Not really relevant to the original posting, but I did include grass cutting. 18 years in June he died, Still miss Grandpa.

cute story, but where was local law enforcement, as mandated by state/federal law, and the US Constitution? In Mayberry, this kind of justice might work, but not in today's society.

The town police force was all volunteer, as was the fire department. The police got paid a few bucks a month to fill up the tank of their own personal cars that they used + 3 uniforms. The county and state still provide the major coverage for this area. Its a small rural community , not a major metro area. As of today the mayors court is held in the civic center/banquet hall/sleeping lodge (during deer hunting season).

Even in the Shooting The Breeze Section you have to be hateful, confrontational, generally a B!&ch? The value you add to the forum is out weighed by your attitude, and you will never know how many times I have defended you!

Your Grandpa (and others like him) are the small self-"policing" societies I'm talking about. Gentle, thoughtful, common-sense, and many times, forgiving. I used to live near the little town that "Mayberry" was based on-- and although the name is fictional, the town wasn't and isn't-- it WAS like "Mayberry", and the people in and around it are, for the most part, still friendly and easy-going. I know you miss Grandpa-- but you were fortunate to be able to observe ideals in action!

And it proves my point and Doin's. Where people are morally self-regulating the need for laws and law enforcement is minimized.

#461389 - 05/06/18 07:59 PM Re: The RITES of SPRING [Re: Vermont]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Okay, guys. My allergies are KILLING me. Any suggestions? Keep in mind I have tried everything over the counter (including neti pot) - everything that promises relief. I don't like drowsiness and I have the unfortunate knack of "agitation, restlessness, sleeplessness" in some of the products. I am doing the Flonase generic which seemed to help for about 1.5 weeks but now the pollen is HORRIBLE, the Flonaze is lacking. I cough like crazy (tickling in the back of the throat) numerous, numerous times per day (and at night) and always have to blow my nose each time. When I go outside, the pollen burns my eyes. I HAD to do yard work (preparing for 2 major rainstorms) and masks do NOT help. Hubby was coughing due to the pollen (and that's unusual for him). Those 2 major rainstorms this weekend both just PASSED me by staying north of my county. No rain, no relief, and, still LOTS of pollen and misery.

#461390 - 05/07/18 06:19 AM Re: The RITES of SPRING [Re: Vermont]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Zyrtec has beem a miracle for me. You have to take it every day to see the effects.

#461396 - 05/07/18 06:47 PM Re: The RITES of SPRING [Re: Bigtoe]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Oh how I prayed Zyrtec would work. Took it for 10 days and nothing. Today wasn't too bad...until I spread out mulch. I even double-masked my nose and mouth and still coughing hysterically. This place needs mulch and that's one thing that makes me cough (ever since the day I first used it 20+ years ago - never experienced using mulch before). I am trying Alkalol nose rinse. I followed its directions and used the accompanying little 'applicator' (and sterile water instead of the salt/baking soda mixture). Oh, what a mistake. Talk about ridiculous burning sensation. So, now I'm mixing up my regular salt/baking soda rinse and adding Alkalol to it. See how that goes - I've only done it once and will again in a few hours. It has a menthol in it which didn't leave a "smell" or "taste" in my throat when I used the Alkalol applicator but with my regular mixture, it stays with me for awhile. Oh, to move to a high rise condo in the city (except I hate crowds and am a tree hugger). Sigh....someone has to have a miracle cure.

#461399 - 05/08/18 05:31 AM Re: The RITES of SPRING [Re: Vermont]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

I replaced the mulch with stones. No dirt, no replacing, no allergies, no fire hazard, no termite attractor

Edited by Bigtoe (05/08/18 05:33 AM)

#461552 - 05/27/18 05:14 PM Re: The RITES of SPRING [Re: Bigtoe]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

I had seriously thought about that, although it would seem when it gets really hot outside, that would cause additional heat on the ground and bake some of my flowers' roots. Iris bulbs do not sit deep in the ground. Of which, thinking of those, out of about 12 plants (which all came up), only two blooms this year - first time ever. 'Course, I've been slowly putting this mulch out and the coughing keeps me awake all night. Chest hurts from coughing so violently. I have decided, finally, after 20+ years of this craziness, to finally see an allergist who specializes in allergies and asthma.

Is it the seed or am I doing something wrong? We had prepared the soil around the house, put out new seed last year - did EVERYTHING by the book. The grass seed was Southern Classic Rebel 2. 20+ years ago we had planted just Rebel (there was no 2 back then). I don't know what the problem is with this seed. Grew great September through April. Had a long spell (2 weeks) without rain, and, areas, well, the grass lays down (grrrrrr) and those areas and others are turning brown and dying. I was cutting at 3.5 inches high (had always cut that length for YEARS with no problem). I don't know what's causing this grass to lay down and also to die. I thought perhaps because those areas, the land is flat (not enough rain runoff but the soil does absorb the rain entirely); but, now on the hill, it's ALSO starting to brown out. Next fall at overseed time (if there's still any grass left!), I'll find a different tall fescue cause this new formula is not working well. Reviews from others on other websites say they too have grass that is laying down (sideways) - even the sod. Some have said grass is too long - cut it shorter; but, I find that hard to believe. Old House says they cut at 3 inches to fend off weeds. 3.5 is not much different and years ago I used to cut at 4 inches. I am just about ready to have the whole danged yard concreted but that's expensive. Tired of fighting the wilderness!

#461557 - 05/29/18 06:17 AM Re: The RITES of SPRING [Re: Vermont]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

White marble chips reflect the sun, dark mulch absorbs the sun. Try centipede or one of the other southern grasses

#462074 - 08/01/18 06:58 PM Re: The RITES of SPRING [Re: Bigtoe]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Been out to an allergist/asthma doc. After spending $813 on allergy tests (for those who are curious - THAT was MY cost even with the insurance discount the doc gives (which really isn't a discount as the place where I went for a chest xray, well, that xray is $138 BUT if I pay in cold hard cash, they'll discount 40%, so that's almost in line with what I'd have to pay with insurance). Any way, after $813 for allergy tests - I am not allergic to one danged thing - grrrrr! I do have asthma and it will mimic allergies - grrrrrr! Taking a once a day inhaler (powder), have my usual emergency inhaler (I've had attacks in the past - but just a few), and, now, a prescription nasal spray (an antihistamine). Now, that spray has helped a lot (although the best was the 5 days on high dose of prednisone - boy, ALL symptoms stopped for 4 days but came back). It started raining off/on again starting on the 21st. Cut the grass on the 22nd between storms, and, I have been coughing, yet again, ever since then. I am at a total loss as to a real cure (other than death).

White marble stones would reflect too much light. Heavens, just the small walkway (similar to a wide sideway and about 18 ft long on the south side of house. Sun hits that and it is blinding. I can imagine the brightness of white marble stone. Was thinking perhaps the tan colored pea gravel. I'll have to check on the centipede grass. Not liking the name b/c centipedes do come into the garage frequently. Have had 2 in the basement and goodness, one HUGE one came across the family room floor (on the 1st floor with full basement below). Yuck! I do have a fantastic bug spray that I mix up and it lasts about 6 months that I now spray on ALL threshholds at entries to the house and I also spray a wide berth of about 6 inches all around the house where the siding meets the basement, etc. Fantastic stuff. Doesn't seem to harm the salamanders (a good thing).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
ngibrealtor, nyropist, Workslocal, PrudentialBorrow, Fe$$
30350 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Z06Fanatic), 36 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 26
CathCoy 24
gitmonee 21
Daniel1234 14
CaliRealtor23 14
Trouble 13
T.T. 13
AbrahamWalker 12
Vincent2011 12