Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28654222
No new orders today 13162225
Stupid MLS comments. 3383656
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1249367
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1115123
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1069653
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 858516
Let's talk about our cars 709734
Most common items found at an REO 639338
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 632132
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 626212
REOTRANS 473093
EML 459238
Main Street 456328
asset val seminar in colorado 428604
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 360257
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 335244
Evalonline 300211
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 697 of 739 < 1 2 ... 695 696 697 698 699 ... 738 739 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#460818 - 03/07/18 01:40 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Mr. Clean]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
Originally Posted By: Lucky Leonardo
Today, I was at the office 9-5, I had no appointments to go on. I prospected 10-4:30 straight but with a small break. I returned a few calls st the end, and a few more on the way to the gym afterwards.

How many billable hours is this?

I don't know how you do it lucky! I can never seem to get over 5 billable hours and rarely over 4. preparing CMA's, showing buyers, returning calls, preparing marketing materials, paperwork, it all seems to clog up my day... and I do a fraction of the deals that you do

1) Why does preparing CMA's take long? Takes me 10 minutes .. pretty straight forward concept, and I only do that when I have a qualified person ready to list ...

2) Showing Buyers - if you want to be a strong listing agent, focus 100% on that and refer the buyers out ...

3) Marketing Materials - marketing materials are a crutch for not knowing how to sell ... learn to sell and you won't need "marketing materials" ... I don't even know what that means lol

4) Paperwork - you should only have paperwork if you have a lot of listings ... does not seem like you do ...

Seems like you are letting non income producing work get in the way of income producing work ...

You should only be prospecting, lead follow up, and going on listing appointments ... Get rid of or shorten the amount of time spent on or hire someone else to do the other stuff ... either you have and admin or you are the admin ...

Edited by RonnieEmz (03/07/18 01:41 AM)

Advertisements
#460820 - 03/07/18 03:00 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
". . . How many billable hours is this? . . ."

That's probably just a rhetorical question . . . . but the answer is ZERO.

If you can't write an Invoice to charge someone (besides yourself) for the services you've rendered, and you actually expect to receive payment for them, then the answer is NONE.

It just falls in that general category of "a cost of doing business".

#460821 - 03/07/18 03:19 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz
Today, I was at the office 9-5, I had no appointments to go on. I prospected 10-4:30 straight but with a small break. I returned a few calls st the end, and a few more on the way to the gym afterwards.

I don't know how you do it lucky! I can never seem to get over 5 billable hours and rarely over 4. preparing CMA's, showing buyers, returning calls, preparing marketing materials, paperwork, it all seems to clog up my day... and I do a fraction of the deals that you do

1) Why does preparing CMA's take long? Takes me 10 minutes .. pretty straight forward concept, and I only do that when I have a qualified person ready to list ...

2) Showing Buyers - if you want to be a strong listing agent, focus 100% on that and refer the buyers out ...

3) Marketing Materials - marketing materials are a crutch for not knowing how to sell ... learn to sell and you won't need "marketing materials" ... I don't even know what that means lol

4) Paperwork - you should only have paperwork if you have a lot of listings ... does not seem like you do ...

Seems like you are letting non income producing work get in the way of income producing work ...

You should only be prospecting, lead follow up, and going on listing appointments ... Get rid of or shorten the amount of time spent on or hire someone else to do the other stuff ... either you have and admin or you are the admin ...

I agree with most of this but a couple of points
-listing appointments generally take me 1-2 hours - I also need to spend 30 min prior going over recent comps.....factor in driving time you can see how this adds up to atleast 3 hours per appointment.
-I don't think you should be referring buyers out unless you're making a lot of money and even so the serious ones should probably be kept if the price point is worth your time.

Probably everyone in this thread should hire an assistant to input listings/handle photography/input paperwork/etc - something I haven't done but hoping this year I can afford to do so......I fully agree though - every minute I'm awake should be focused on setting listing appointments with people looking to sell in the next 30-60 days - if I'm not on the phone or meeting with a Seller I'm losing a lot of money.

#460822 - 03/07/18 03:43 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Offline

Loc: GTA Ontario
When I have "junk" work to do (ie admin work,filing, or personal tax prep.,etc), I'll work with only one dialer. There seems to be ample time between "pick-ups" to do another task.

Hell I even do "homework" while dialing with one dialer.

We have a marketing dept. to do Feature sheets, and whatever. Our office handles listing input,(that's what I pay for with the commission cut), and I hire a photography company to do photos and virtual tours. They do the whole pkg. including social media crap.

I like Ronnie's idea of sharing an admin assistant. I'm not there yet, but future plan.

#460824 - 03/07/18 08:21 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Vermont]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: Vermont

If you can't write an Invoice to charge someone (besides yourself) for the services you've rendered, and you actually expect to receive payment for them, then the answer is NONE.

The concept of billable hours in Real Estate is proposed as a Thought Experiment.

#460825 - 03/07/18 09:46 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Vermont

The concept of billable hours in Real Estate is proposed as a Thought Experiment.

Maybe he would be more comfortable with income producing hours ...

#460827 - 03/08/18 05:33 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Long Walk Offline

Loc: New Hampshire

Maybe he would be more comfortable with income producing hours ...
Speaking for myself, I think the concept is exactly what is needed to help agents spend more time in revenue-producing activities.

Nomenclature can be important when talking with professionals outside of our realm. To a lawyer, engineer, or even an appraiser on a time-and-expense assignment, the term 'billable hours' means exactly what Vermont pointed out.

To a new agent, the term might suggest that they are going to be paid directly for the work that they just did. Seasoned agents know that revenue projections are based on averages from experience: so many hours = so many calls = so many contacts = so many leads = so many listing appointments, and so on.

As we discuss our business internally, perhaps nomenclature isn't as important as the fact that we recognize that some activities lead to revenue and others don't. The broker who trained me insisted that I understand this and track it. What he called those hours is lost on me now, but the lesson and habit remains.

#460829 - 03/08/18 06:19 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Long Walk]
T.T. Offline

Loc: Texas
Had an interesting turn of luck last week that took my attention away from prospecting for a bit- my truck broke down (it's an old '93 F-250 that I drive about twice a month) and as I called AAA to have it towed my iPhone decided to fry itself internally. The next day I got my phone fixed, and 5 minutes after leaving the Apple store a rock got thrown up on my windshield and cracked it right in half frown

Have managed to recollect myself and hit the doors and phones hard.

QUESTION: How good have you guys found the quality of telelisting data to be? I'm close to paying for their yearly service and wanted to see if anyone had a more up-to-date review of their services vs. Cole Realty Resource (for example).

Thanks all!

#460832 - 03/09/18 03:58 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Offline

I use telelisting,it's good. ... never used Cole. I tried the database on MOJO, didn't like it.

#460833 - 03/09/18 05:26 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
sualk54 Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON
think I've listed this Telelisting promo code before

TOJIMOB

good for 20% off

#460834 - 03/09/18 06:09 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
i recently started using mojo and hitting the pause button so that i could do follow up on a second headset.....my productivity has one up very nicely....

1 ear is mojo
1 ear is follow up

mojo running all day only to be paused for follow up calls

just booked my 49th appt for the year.
2018 is great, but tbh, nothing different than 2017...im just better than i was last year.

figure out a way you can be more efficient with what you do and maximize your time doing things that have the potential to pay you.

#460848 - 03/09/18 02:50 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Offline

wow I can't even imagine 49 appts. are they all ready to list?
or is it it just a meet and greet?

#460850 - 03/09/18 08:49 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada

Ronnie your advice is always so good.. cuts right to the core issue. I gotta focus all my time on selling. One of my biggest issues is that I get sidetracked by new ideas.. so I am trying mailings to condo buildings because I found a way to do it cheaper and more targeted than other agents, farming a neighbourhood, building a SOI database and making newsletters for them, branding and making a website, printing arrow signs, spending too much time preparing elaborate pitches, the list goes on. Gotta stop spending calling hours on this stuff and only do it after 8pm. That should help me decide what’s actually important real quick lol.

The diamonds are in the dirt. Words are our shovel, everything else is like digging with your hands!

#460853 - 03/10/18 06:28 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: estatereal]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
Originally Posted By: estatereal
i recently started using mojo and hitting the pause button so that i could do follow up on a second headset.....my productivity has one up very nicely....

1 ear is mojo
1 ear is follow up

2018 is great, but tbh, nothing different than 2017...im just better than i was last year.

figure out a way you can be more efficient with what you do and maximize your time doing things that have the potential to pay you.

Why aren't you just dialing your expireds list with two mojo dialers, one in each ear? you would double your contacts per hour

#460854 - 03/10/18 07:07 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
Originally Posted By: estatereal

1 ear is mojo
1 ear is follow up

Why aren't you just dialing your expireds list with two mojo dialers, one in each ear? you would double your contacts per hour

geting in my follow up with people at scheduled times is as much work as dialing new people .....

using one ear for follow up and one ear for new leads seems to be the best way...

plus the way i have it all set up, it really seems to work well....

i run my dialer and my list different than most people do

Page 697 of 739 < 1 2 ... 695 696 697 698 699 ... 738 739 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
van phuc, ngibrealtor, nyropist, Workslocal, PrudentialBorrow
30351 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (CathCoy, 1 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 25
CathCoy 24
gitmonee 22
Trouble 16
Daniel1234 15
T.T. 14
CaliRealtor23 14
Vincent2011 12
estatereal 12