Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29151037
No new orders today 13238189
Stupid MLS comments. 3529406
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1336893
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1174959
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1121933
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 908806
Let's talk about our cars 758894
Most common items found at an REO 685574
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 671084
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 666139
REOTRANS 511070
Main Street 496455
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 453487
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 389051
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 366951
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285056
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#460661 - 02/15/18 11:41 PM 5 months after closing, settlement company wants some overpayment money -Me2
Tess Offline

Loc: TX
I saw the thread from 2005, not able to reply. Searched for this topic and found a match. I wanted to say that we were paid over by about $60,000. The title company identified one of the listed loans as personal and would not cover it. 5 months later, same as the last post, they called. Apparently it wasn't personal. Yes, I have tons of loans with payments, it as a large property and $60k wasn't noticed. We were making payments on the "Personal Loan" until I had a serious accident between insurance coverages by a week, actually 9 days. I incurred two days of back to back 10 hour surgeries and weeks in ICU. All of the funds were spent on medical bills and I am now 100% disabled, on SSDI, living in a rental near a rehab. There is no money to return. Nothing to take and sell. I cannot drive ever again. The title company paid the title off to clear it. Ironically, the lender gave me back the 5 months of payments which went right into continued meds and medical hardware. It's been a year today and they are going lawsuit and about to get a declaration of something that says I am judgment proof. I feel like more of a warning to others on the risks of not taking that high priced COBRA option. I was between jobs while enjoying a long awesome road trip to a new home. I sold everything and only took a jacket. Had so much cash that buying it all new was going to be fun. I am very sure that title insurance only helps the buyer.

Advertisements
#460664 - 02/16/18 08:28 AM Re: 5 months after closing, settlement company wants some overpayment money -Me2 [Re: Tess]
Long Walk Online   content

Loc: New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: Tess
I saw the thread from 2005, not able to reply. Searched for this topic and found a match. I wanted to say that we were paid over by about $60,000. The title company identified one of the listed loans as personal and would not cover it. 5 months later, same as the last post, they called. Apparently it wasn't personal. Yes, I have tons of loans with payments, it as a large property and $60k wasn't noticed.
Tess --- sorry for your health troubles.

There is a lot going on in your post, but it sounds like the title company missed a personal loan that attached to the title of your house (or was it commercial)? Then they closed the sale and gave clear title to the buyer? And now the title company is suing you? Or is it the lender?

There is no declaration available that someone is suit-proof. It sounds more like they have filed a motion for summary judgment. You didn't describe a trial process, so it doubt they are seeking a declaratory judgment.

It also reads like you don't have a lawyer. You really need one, especially if you have other properties. But, it also reads like you are in a difficult financial condition. If that is the case, reach out to your county's bar association and see if you can get a referral for a lawyer to represent you for free. If there is a law school near you, try them as well.

Or, you could file bankruptcy and be done with the whole thing. But, if you have mortgaged properties, a bankruptcy is not going to help.

Let us know how it goes.

#462360 - 09/10/18 01:27 AM Re: 5 months after closing, settlement company wants some overpayment money -Me2 [Re: Tess]
luckyseven12345 Offline

Loc: Florida
If you have proprieties you are not judgment proof.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
hc90964, ChadRealEstate, meshilil0209, azaratir, Beni Restea
31001 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (AnonymousWriter), 81 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Z06Fanatic 22
OahuAgent 21
realestategreat 17
Long Walk 12
CathCoy 12
Trouble 10
DangerRanger 8
T.T. 7
jn1204 5