Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Free Foreclosure Webinar

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28598616
No new orders today 13152955
Stupid MLS comments. 3367973
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1241481
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1110907
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1065318
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 854439
Let's talk about our cars 705877
Most common items found at an REO 630688
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 630052
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 621124
REOTRANS 468912
EML 459235
Main Street 452398
asset val seminar in colorado 427184
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 357941
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 333301
Evalonline 300210
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 341 of 723 < 1 2 ... 339 340 341 342 343 ... 722 723 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#440447 - 10/31/14 01:58 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Rah Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario
143 contacts, 1 lead, 3 hours, 0 follow ups, 602 contacts week to date. Very few good leads lately.

Edited by RAH (10/31/14 02:02 PM)

Advertisements
#440449 - 10/31/14 04:37 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Rah]
BrianMI Offline

Loc: Michigan
@lucky - here's the small print from the contest signup page (don't think it's in the confirmation email):

"There's more! Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we've had our best year ever, and we're thankful! Any agents who exceeds 10,000 calls for the month, will have 3 months of Mojo refunded to their payment method! (fine print: The 3 months will be for the ONE hosted lead and dialing license for the agent meeting the criteria)"

So that's what it sounds like to me. 3 months for anyone who makes 10,000+ dials.

So Top 3 Dialers get 1 month free. My guess is that they don't overlap though. So if you're the #1 Dialer for the month AND you have more than 10,000 calls, I don't think you'll get 1 month free for being in the Top 3 for the month and another 3 months for the 10,000 calls. You'll just get 3 months free, not 4.

Oh...and make sure you create a dummy Twitter account and then connect it to Mojo in the Mojo+ Social App settings. Mojo can't count the dials without post it with the social app. Check the box that says, "Auto post to social networks" too. That way if you're kicked out during the middle of a call session for whatever reason, the calls you've made up to that point will post and register automatically.

Edited by BrianMI (10/31/14 04:39 PM)
You can find me on Facebook here. Click the 'Like' button and get priority updates from my real estate prospecting blog where you'll discover the truth about cold calling and follow up. You can also search for Brian Kurtz on Twitter.

#440457 - 11/01/14 06:25 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: BrianMI]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
We we're told to use our Facebook account to participate. I was sent an email with a link showing the top collars for October. If October is an indication that should be easy for three of us to win the contest for November. The MOJO top callers were doing between 50 and 150 calls per day. I assume what they mean by calls are only dials and not contacts obviously.

#440458 - 11/01/14 06:54 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
HChomat Offline

Loc: FL
Originally Posted By: lucky
The MOJO top callers were doing between 50 and 150 calls per day. I assume what they mean by calls are only dials and not contacts obviously.

For any of us following and taking action as per this thread, 150 calls per day is like we are just warming up the engines. Keep it up!

#440459 - 11/01/14 07:12 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
sualk54 Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON
The MOJO top callers were doing between 50 and 150 calls per day. I assume what they mean by calls are only dials and not contacts obviously.

I'm confused- wouldn't you and a couple of the others be in the top three if it was only 50-150 dials?

#440460 - 11/01/14 09:05 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
BrianMI Offline

I make 100 contacts on most days. It take 500ish dials to achieve that on Lead Store Data. That means it would take about 750 dials to get 150 contacts per day.

750 x 20 days worth of calling is 15,000 dials.

As to the Social App....that's right on the Contest Signup page where it says:

"Here is how it works:
1. You check the box above to join the contest.
2. You activate the Mojo Social App in the Mojo settings and authenticate Facebook, Twitter or both.
3. After each dialing session, you post your session using the Mojo Social App.
4. You track your results (top 10) by clicking on the contest link in the Mojo Dialer quick links section.
5. We award free service to the top 3 participants."

The above is copied right from the signup page. So #2 says you need to use the Mojo Social App ad #3 says you need to log the calls with that app.

You can connect EITHER a Facebook account or a Twitter account to the Mojo Social app. I suggest making a "dummy" Twitter account and connecting that in your Mojo control panel and I also suggest checking the box to have your calls auto-post when do connect Mojo to Twitter. This way, every time you're doing dialing a list it's not posting to your Facebook account or your MAIN Twitter account, but rather a Twitter account set up just for this purpose.
You can find me on Facebook here. Click the 'Like' button and get priority updates from my real estate prospecting blog where you'll discover the truth about cold calling and follow up. You can also search for Brian Kurtz on Twitter.

#440461 - 11/01/14 04:16 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
BrianMI Offline

#440463 - 11/02/14 03:54 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Make sure you spend time daily at lead follow up. We can generate hundreds and hundreds of leads per year, but with no follow-up we won't make a single dollar from prospecting.
We must be diligent, creative, assertive, persistent plus play the numbers game daily with lead follow up in order to make consistent money at this system and in real estate in general.
It's great to have the leads source but that alone will not make you money.
Most agents spend tens of thousands of dollars to generate a flow of leads to follow up on and because they have spent all that money, they are damn motivated to be creative with their follow up. We have to be the same and even better to be efficient and have a great effective & profitable career.

#440464 - 11/02/14 07:00 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: BrianMI]
ATXluxury Offline

Loc: TX
Brian, how many contacts per listing are you seeing? How long have you been calling? Are you a newer agent? Your # of contacts per listing seems high, but maybe because you started not so long ago and are now just getting some good ones to follow-up? Still though, with 2100 contacts in October, there should be a couple ready to go leads right there. What script are you using? I commend you for your work ethic. Stick with it.

#440466 - 11/02/14 10:16 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: ATXluxury]
BrianMI Offline

@ATXluxury - here's the answers to your series of questions:

1) How many contacts per listing? - Well I've gotten 2 listings directly from this so far and have made over 30,000 contacts which would lead us to believe 15,000 per listing. This is not accurate though as I've found out that leads take a long time to mature. I have found exactly 1 leads that was ready to list in 30 days or less when I called which did not say they were working with an agent. Just one.

Older guy in the house 5 down from the listing I just took on Tuesday. He was kinda senile and was actually interviewing another agent at the time that I was suppose to show up for our appointment. Other agent overpriced the house and it's still on the market right now.

Anyway, I can't honestly answer this question yet. It's like Lucky says, you have to go through a full 12 month cycle before you can get a proper perspective on how this will work. The leads take more time to mature than you want them to.

2) Which Script? - this is the most common question so I wrote a blog post on it which can be found here:http://wp.me/p59g23-1R

#440468 - 11/02/14 12:03 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: ATXluxury]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: ATXluxury
Brian, how many contacts per listing are you seeing?

This ratio depends a lot on the turnover ratio & the level of completion you are against in that area. If you pick areas that have low turnover your contacts required will be higher. Likewise if you are prospecting areas which are heavily farmed and targeted by your competition and your membership.

It also depends on your diligence and effectiveness of your lead follow up.
If your follow up is weak, inconsistent or non existant, then the amount of listings taken will be dismal.

I know all this is common sense but asking that question on its own is really difficult to answer.

I call a variety of low turnover markets and try to avoid too much competition if I can to avoid the commission discounters and I would conservatively say, based on my ratios you should see 1 listing per 1000 contacts and as you gain momentum in areas where you develop a presence it could drop to 1/750 and even 1/500.

Of course, this doesn't mean you make 1000 contacts and immediately get a listing. First you need to fill a pipeline of leads and you must be at their "top of mind" when they decide they are ready. If you are at their top of mind, they will think of you and call you as a result of your persistence. This obviously takes some time but having said that, what else are you doing with your time? Are you planning to be in the business 3-6-9-12 months down the road? Of course you are!
Well do you want to make more money!? Do you want control? Do you want to eliminate the peaks and valleys? Do you want the great satisfaction of success?!

100 contacts a day with great lead follow up will fullfill all your financial desires and fix all you financial problems.

It really is easy and keeps getting easier and easier as you put the time & effort into it.

Edited by lucky (11/02/14 12:43 PM)

#440472 - 11/02/14 05:43 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: BrianMI]
CaliBo Offline

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: BrianMI
I make 100 contacts on most days. It take 500ish dials to achieve that on Lead Store Data. That means it would take about 750 dials to get 150 contacts per day.

Brian, out of those 500 or so dials that result in 100 contacts, would you say that most of the 400 that were not reachable are because nobody picked up or because the lead data is not accurate?

#440475 - 11/03/14 12:53 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Rah Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: RAH
Lucky, from your experience, after following up on leads over a period of time, do they usually end up calling you when they're ready to list because of your follow up and they have your phone number?

...or do you usually time it right and set the listing appointment on one of your follow up calls?

Which one happens most often? Thanks!

Yes,
I would say most of the time they call me back. As you can imagine, it is very hard to time it perfectly.

So, you can't really set a goal for # of listing appointments , right?

We can only control # of dials, # of follow up attempts (phone or door), and practice of our scripts for when they call us back for a listing appointment.

If we can only control these, then we should set goals based on only these, right?

#440476 - 11/03/14 01:19 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: CaliBo]
BrianMI Offline

Originally Posted By: BMppp5vnG
Brian, out of those 500 or so dials that result in 100 contacts, would you say that most of the 400 that were not reachable are because nobody picked up or because the lead data is not accurate?

It's a combination of both. I call through in the morning the first time and get at or just below a 20% contact ratio. Mixed in these calls is a balance of people who are screening numbers, are not home when I call, are home when I call but too busy to answer, and then bad numbers that are disconnected and such.

Mojo will stop you from calling numbers on that same list which it tagged as disconnected (I think) so when I call through a second time you're not dealing with that as much. On the other hand, your people who are most likely to pick up already did when you went through the first time which means you're left with a higher percentage of people who screen their calls. You're really looking for people who were not home or were to busy to answer when you called through the first time.

Result? I get at or just below 20% contact ratio on the second call session through a list.

I am creating "Prime Lists" now and I expect to see a MUCH higher contact ratio when I start calling them in January.

#440477 - 11/03/14 03:23 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Rah Offline
Veteran Member

I hate it when they say "hello" and their answering machine comes on at the same time...then you have to wait for the message to end before you can talk to them. Do you guys just hang up and move on?...or wait for the answering machine message to end?

Page 341 of 723 < 1 2 ... 339 340 341 342 343 ... 722 723 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Diamond Concrete, OnTheDownload, weplanithk, prishtygroup, rhea_re
30253 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (philgore, Brad, Diamond Concrete), 50 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Advertisement

Top Posters (30 Days)
dotcom_agents 16
T.T. 14
Trouble 13
gitmonee 10
estatereal 10
Vermont 9
Mr. Clean 8
Daniel1234 8