Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29358234
No new orders today 13262334
Stupid MLS comments. 3545903
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1346959
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1190746
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1130933
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 914858
Let's talk about our cars 768342
Most common items found at an REO 694293
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 679514
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 670033
REOTRANS 516360
Main Street 504403
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 457258
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 392451
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 370454
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285057
Mainstreet 261863
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#397113 - 12/19/11 01:44 AM Re: More Flowers... [Re: BillW]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Critters that love my plants....This was taken Fri., Dec. 16th - a little blurry because of the window glass. They've constantly, for 3-4 years now, been eating my plants, all year long - particularly the ivy I have grown directly behind the house (because we haven't built a porch yet and we don't want to mow the hill so I planted English Ivy). One momma is licking the baby on the right. I hate these guys. I haven't planted anything beautiful or new in years because of them.

Advertisements
#397255 - 12/21/11 04:45 PM Re: More Flowers... [Re: VABroker]
Doin' bpose Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Old Dominion
Originally Posted By: VABroker
Critters that love my plants....This was taken Fri., Dec. 16th - a little blurry because of the window glass. They've constantly, for 3-4 years now, been eating my plants, all year long - particularly the ivy I have grown directly behind the house (because we haven't built a porch yet and we don't want to mow the hill so I planted English Ivy). One momma is licking the baby on the right. I hate these guys. I haven't planted anything beautiful or new in years because of them.
Stay on topic VA..this is more flowers, not less flowers. Ba da bing! Save hair clippings and spread them around the sensative areas. Have hubby drink a few beers and mark his territory out there. Works for me. I have heard it works fine.

#397263 - 12/21/11 06:28 PM Re: More Flowers... [Re: VABroker]
DueDiligence Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Wild Wild West
I have to laugh. Ivy is a delicacy for deer.

One day long ago when deer/elk were on our property (I forget which), I said, "Oh, they're sooooo beautiful and noble and elegant and... Wait a minute! They're wrecking the place!" Which they were. Ripping at saplings, bending and breaking them down, eating the cherry trees to shreds. Ran out and chased them away.

Watch out. They LOVE roses-- buds, flowers-- they'll nip them down to nothing. So will Javelina. What I need is a great, big, mountain lion in the neighborhood.

#397277 - 12/22/11 12:21 AM Re: More Flowers... [Re: Doin' bpose]
barb43 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: SW Okla
Originally Posted By: Doin' bpose
Have hubby drink a few beers and mark his territory out there. Works for me. I have heard it works fine.

Hmmm, do ya think that would work if Sweetie "marked" the hedges between us & the neighbor? She lets her little yip-yap foo-foo dogs out at 2 a.m. and they have that row of hedges smelling like the monkey house at the zoo! And they're our hedges, no less. (Drives me nuts. No, she's not a good neighbor.)

I've gotta get out & take some mistletoe pictures - they're our "greenery" on the trees in winter, lol.

Edited by barb43 (12/22/11 12:22 AM)

LIMITATIONS: Until You Spread Your Wings, You'll Have No Idea How Far You Can Walk. - despair.com

#397278 - 12/22/11 12:52 AM Re: More Flowers... [Re: barb43]
Doin' bpose Offline
Major Contributor

He may need to aim for the yip-yap foo-foo dogs instead of the hedges. Even if it did not work it would make for one heck of a story for telling.

#397280 - 12/22/11 01:25 AM Re: More Flowers... [Re: Doin' bpose]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Love that idea for the foo-foo dogs. Barb43 - Perhaps you could find something online that is a deterrent for dogs.

Hubby's going to drink and wiz outside tonight! Doin' bpose 'says' he heard it works!

I had taken some photos of the flowers I do have - several are encased in green plastic-coated fencing - all 4 sides and the top - it was the only way to protect the Red Sedum because they munch that and then I don't get blooms - but, I can't find those fencing pics - started that two years ago.

Here's my Clematis (purple & white) (2006) BEFORE they ate it all. Every year it just looks worse and worse. In very early spring, I am going to cut them to the ground. I may end up having to remove them totally (although that's hard to do with these babies-they just pop back up again). Wanted to add these photos to stay in compliance with the thread (tee-hee!). 'Course, they never touch the Iris - thank goodness.

Edited by VABroker (12/22/11 01:25 AM)

#404347 - 04/03/12 06:08 AM Re: More Flowers... [Re: ditty]
barb43 Offline
Veteran Member

Spring bloomed & leafed out on us early this year. Here is a tree in the front yard of one of my HUD houses. It was almost finished blooming by March 22nd.

And this is one of my HUDs that's closing tomorrow. I took this picture last week to use in the ready-to-close inspection.

LIMITATIONS: Until You Spread Your Wings, You'll Have No Idea How Far You Can Walk. - despair.com

#408475 - 06/12/12 03:45 PM Re: More Flowers... [Re: ditty]
Adriana Cyrus Offline

Loc: Canada
Love those flowers blooming from spring to summer.

#447104 - 08/11/15 09:47 AM Re: More Tomatoes . . . . [Re: ditty]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Here are a few of the exotic tomatoes we're trying to grow this year; some for the 1st time, others brand new to us, and photos are taken from the seed packets:

Black Russian Tula Tomato:

Yellow Pear Tomato:

Black Grape Tomato:

Red Bottom Tomato:

Red Pear Tomato:

Egg Yolk Yellow Tomato:

Now all we need is for the weather to cooperate for the next few weeks !

#447115 - 08/11/15 03:38 PM Re: More Tomatoes . . . . [Re: ditty]
JohnN Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I've never heard of those varieties. The Black Grape ones look interesting.

#447116 - 08/11/15 08:17 PM Re: More Tomatoes . . . . [Re: Vermont]
Doin' bpose Offline
Major Contributor

Nice close ups. I like the silver piece too. May you have good luck and warm temps. Do you plant in pots, raised beds, or the ground?

#447117 - 08/11/15 09:07 PM Re: More Tomatoes . . . . [Re: ditty]
barb43 Offline
Veteran Member

Hmmm, those tomatoes look pretty neat! I'd taste test them. wink

Hope the weather brings you a bumper crop, Vermont. You'll have to keep us posted.

#447126 - 08/12/15 05:47 AM Re: More Tomatoes . . . . [Re: Doin' bpose]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
". . . Do you plant in pots, raised beds, or the ground? . . .
They start out in incubator seed trays, then go to individual pots for a month or so . . . . then out to the gardens where their lower leaves are stripped and the first 18" to 2 Feet of stems are buried (sometimes vertically, sometimes horizontal) to grow more roots, and so they don't normally need extra watering.

We only have 18 plants this year, about 4' apart so that they shouldn't touch one another, and you can walk among them. They all have flowers, and some have rudimentary fruit . . . . they'd better get cracking !

The gardens are just roto-tilled sections about 40' X 100' where different crops are rotated from year to year. My Wife has been adding sifted compost (like 10 cubic yards per year) to these areas so they're becoming fairly responsive.

". . . I like the silver piece too . . ."
I'm reminded of a house I had in Massachusetts where we were up-grading the power from 100 Amp to 200 Amp and the Electrician was shaking the old circuit breaker box to get it out of a cabinet in a basement Den when a bag of pre-1964 Silver Quarters and Dimes fell down from atop the box and hit him on the head (softly) and he told me about it and handed over the money which was 92 Quarters and 10 Dimes . . . . the prior Owner must have used that Den for Poker Parties or something similar. Must have been worth $500 at the time (roughly 1978), and I rewarded him with some token . . . . he could have kept it all. It re-instated my belief in the underlying honesty of Italian Electricians.

So that's my story.

#447150 - 08/13/15 07:10 PM Re: More Tomatoes . . . . [Re: Vermont]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

The BRTT's look weird. I'd love a large, meaty and TASTY and wonderful smelling tomato. Either my taste buds are dead (which is a possibility) or they just don't make tomatoes like they used to. I've got the name of one on the tip of my tongue from years ago but can't remember its name.

I've read to not refrigerate tomatoes or they will lose their taste; but if you've only used 1/2 of it, wouldn't it be less risky (bacteria) to put it in the frig?

#447152 - 08/13/15 09:33 PM Re: More Tomatoes . . . . [Re: Vermont]
Doin' bpose Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: Vermont
". . . Do you plant in pots, raised beds, or the ground? . . .
They start out in incubator seed trays, then go to individual pots for a month or so . . . . then out to the gardens where their lower leaves are stripped and the first 18" to 2 Feet of stems are buried (sometimes vertically, sometimes horizontal) to grow more roots, and so they don't normally need extra watering.

I ask with interest. I had a neighbor about 10 years ago who taught me almost to a tee how you describe your process. She had me use old plastic water bottles as starter containers (the top 1/3 lopped off). Then they were easily snipped down the side to free up the seedling for transfer. She had me snip the lower leaves and plant it at a 45 degree angle. But she had me convinced that the roots do not like cold soil and raising a bed or keeping them in pots enabled the soil to warm up and please the root system. But it looks like you have your system down pat and working quite well.

Regarding silver currency... I have found 2 silver coins during regular merchant transactions in the last few years. One was a Mercury dime, the other a WWII Jefferson nickel. It does not take much to get me amped up about coins. I still smile when I find a wheat penny.

Edited by Doin' bpose (08/13/15 09:36 PM)

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
JTS808, 6ixK, TraceyMcAlister, Claire Langford, AllAbtRealEstate
31131 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 47 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Matched Content
Top Posters (30 Days)
Lucky Leonardo 19
Trouble 15
CathCoy 14
Long Walk 8
Z06Fanatic 7
Bigtoe 6
AnonymousWriter 3
HChomat 3
Belmont 2