Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28735295
No new orders today 13170416
Stupid MLS comments. 3424766
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1284094
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1130450
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1084102
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 871294
Let's talk about our cars 718817
Most common items found at an REO 656781
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 641732
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 639605
REOTRANS 486230
Main Street 463584
EML 459238
asset val seminar in colorado 435528
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 373944
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 348929
Evalonline 300214
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261861
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#455885 - 12/14/16 01:38 PM do you feel the agentsonline forum is slower than it was 5+ years ago?
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
just me, but i have felt for the last 5 years or so that agentsonline.net has slowed down more and more as time passes. is it just me or do you all feel the same?

before the thread "i make 100 cold calls a day and love it" that part of the forum was in the agents and brokers section......back then, the forums were hopping....since the change to the agents and brokers section pulling out portions to the conventional marketing section, the forums seemed to really take a dive as far as action.

Advertisements
#455889 - 12/14/16 05:22 PM Re: do you feel the agentsonline forum is slower than it was 5+ years ago? [Re: estatereal]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
It has definitely slowed down. It seems a lot of people will join and make one post and never return.

I think Facebook Groups have hurt forums, but then again... I think this forum could be rockin' again! Ever see BiggerPockets?? That forum is rockin' like a freight train.

We should buy it!

#455911 - 12/15/16 07:24 PM Re: do you feel the agentsonline forum is slower than it was 5+ years ago? [Re: estatereal]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Facebook sucks IMO...I honestly don't have a business or personal page......f facebook

#455947 - 12/19/16 05:58 PM Re: do you feel the agentsonline forum is slower than it was 5+ years ago? [Re: estatereal]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
I use Facebook, but I'd agree with you. The problem with ever going to Facebook is that they're putting all of their eggs in one basket.

#455948 - 12/19/16 08:23 PM Re: do you feel the agentsonline forum is slower than it was 5+ years ago? [Re: estatereal]
ibsellin Offline

Loc: USA
maybe if whoever runs this would upgrade to phpforum or vbulletin this software is garbage...

#461736 - 06/24/18 01:03 AM Re: do you feel the agentsonline forum is slower than it was 5+ years ago? [Re: ibsellin]
Suburban Gal Offline

Loc: SE WI
Originally Posted By: ibsellin
maybe if whoever runs this would upgrade to phpforum or vbulletin this software is garbage...

Actually, UBB isn't a bad forum platform to use.

However, it'd be nice if they upgraded to 7.6.2, which is the latest version of UBB.threads.

#461744 - 06/26/18 12:33 AM Re: do you feel the agentsonline forum is slower than it was 5+ years ago? [Re: Suburban Gal]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: Suburban Gal
Originally Posted By: ibsellin

Actually, UBB isn't a bad forum platform to use.

However, it'd be nice if they upgraded to 7.6.2, which is the latest version of UBB.threads.

Can u link a forum like the one u speak of so that I could see the difference?

#461754 - 06/28/18 12:04 AM Re: do you feel the agentsonline forum is slower than it was 5+ years ago? [Re: estatereal]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
I'm not an expert in computers at all although I've been on AOL for a number of years (don't use Facebook at all - keep my private life private and if I'm looking for an agent or home, I wouldn't go to a "social" site even if it had a "business" site).

I myself am hoping to retire from real estate next year and just go maybe part-time here and there. It's possible some of the regulars have left the real estate industry. AOL's been great to get ideas, recommendations, etc., but I find its "search" feature does not function as well as it could. If it functioned probably (at least I haven't been able to search well on it), it might eliminate a lot of the duplicative new posts we see. 'Course, then you have the public who post their question or problem which can be duplicative too. I've answered questions on AOL but a lot of those questions, again, have been duplicative. I, myself, don't need to reach out to a lot of platforms, etc. Just not my thing and I find I have a lot of other things I can put my energy towards.

#461757 - 06/29/18 01:00 AM Re: do you feel the agentsonline forum is slower than it was 5+ years ago? [Re: estatereal]
Tex Offline

Loc: TX
Simply considering the number of Realtors in America I was amazed at the lack of membership on here when I started. Then after reading the "I Make 100 Calls" thread I decided that could be the cause.

Nobody wants to be associated with that sleazy bunch. I sure don't.

Now I have a much better understanding why our profession has the reputation it has. Just look at the unscrupulous types illegally circumventing every system and doing that cheesy robo-caller cold calling. It makes us all look bad.

#461763 - 06/29/18 01:21 PM Re: do you feel the agentsonline forum is slower than it was 5+ years ago? [Re: estatereal]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
all forums lost viewership when google stopped showing them in the results. I used to be able to find the solutions to a multitude of problems from real estate to tech and home repairs from forums where other people had the same problems and solved them.

But that was back before every square inch of the internet was monetized. now, when I look for help it is only money sites that show up in the results. Reviews are now all fake and bad information is standard

Most of the forums have gone away and some of them were awesome. I am surprised this one still exists.

Edited by Bigtoe (06/29/18 01:22 PM)
Edit Reason: removed signature from google mention

#461764 - 06/29/18 02:34 PM Re: do you feel the agentsonline forum is slower than it was 5+ years ago? [Re: Bigtoe]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

@ bigtoe
I dont know why people fancy sites like reddit.....i personally cant stand that site.

@tex
you state "Simply considering the number of Realtors in America I was amazed at the lack of membership on here when I started. Then after reading the "I Make 100 Calls" thread I decided that could be the cause. "
I don't think that is the case...the forum was headed on a downward slope imo, sometime before that...back when they changed the catagories...used to be the agents and brokers section was the most active.....i mean when you have a forum that is slowing down, the last thing you need to do is create more sections so that each one appears to be slower.

@vabroker
i dont do the social media either....its "free" only because there is more value in selling the information that people give them than there is in selling slots to use the service in the form of a monthly subsctiption fee...that alone should tell you not to put your life story on there (even after a congressional hearing, people use it all day long)

...i dont so much mind the repetitive posts of same question......every forum has that....and the "use forum search feature" as a reply is not the greatest imo only because people are often looking to converse and ask specifics for their circumstance. my biggest peeve is when someone asks a quesiton, you give a great answer and they never reply or post again.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
stacyanne, Jeff1313, Lisa Taylor, deb59, Jeremy L. Lacey
30534 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (barb43), 67 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gitmonee 13
David Hunter 12
Z06Fanatic 12
Bigtoe 12
Trouble 10
ALSTIEL 8
Lucky Leonardo 7
realestategreat 7
Suburban Gal 7