Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Free Foreclosure Webinar

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28601356
No new orders today 13153636
Stupid MLS comments. 3368234
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1241697
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1111023
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1065440
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 854552
Let's talk about our cars 705952
Most common items found at an REO 631105
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 630080
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 621231
REOTRANS 469028
EML 459235
Main Street 452566
asset val seminar in colorado 427205
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 357963
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 333335
Evalonline 300210
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#455345 - 11/08/16 10:56 AM Why do people request information then vanish?
ibsellin Offline

Loc: USA
I don't know how many of you work internet leads but I think the most frustrating part about them is you will never get a hold of so many of them. They request information about 123 Main St. You call them, no answer, leave a message. You shoot them an email asking how you can help with 123 Main St. No reply, call them again the next day, nothing, shoot them an email, nothing?

Yes, I know as well as you do how fast you follow up matters a lot. If you can get them within 5-10 mins you stand a good chance at talking to them, but even sometimes then they don't answer. Why are people filling out forms if they don't want to talk to anyone?

Anyways, who's got some tips on smoking the gophers out of their holes?

Advertisements
#455346 - 11/08/16 12:12 PM Re: Why do people request information then vanish? [Re: ibsellin]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
The only thing I can think of is because they feel obligated to fill out those forms. It's not that they want to, but that it's there so they feel it's what they should do.

It's like... a buyer will want to schedule to see a house and then vanish out of thing air. Why?! Who knows.

#455347 - 11/08/16 11:33 PM Re: Why do people request information then vanish? [Re: ibsellin]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Just because someone may have requested an MLS Fact Sheet on a property doesn't mean that they want to be hounded for a telephone conversation.

I suppose it all depends upon how the request "form" is worded.

#455348 - 11/09/16 12:24 AM Re: Why do people request information then vanish? [Re: ibsellin]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
You have their email address. Send them everthing similar to their request. Set them up to get updates of all the properties similar tp their request. Then, someday, out of the blue, they will be ready to make a move and you will be the hero who has been keeping them up to date. YMMV

#455368 - 11/10/16 12:37 AM Re: Why do people request information then vanish? [Re: ibsellin]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

I realized i did not actually answer your question. They disapear because they are not ready to make their move. People planning their future look at housees online as preperation for a future venture.

In my resort/retirement market people are waiting and planning for when that last kid gets out of college or for retirement or for somepne to pass on an inheritance etc.

Your market may be different but actually the same only on the back end. 123 main st might be like their house and they only want ideas as to how much they can sell for when the time comes

you might be mistaking potential buyers who are actually planning a future sale.

i have had buyers sign up who were actually working with other agents. I know because they come to me when that other agent drops the ball.

i am working with some people right now who have been getting updates from me for a couple of years. The agent who showed them homes a couple of years ago did not send them updates and lost.

#455369 - 11/10/16 12:39 AM Re: Why do people request information then vanish? [Re: ibsellin]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Do you cross reference them with existing property owners? You have their name and number, you should be able to see if they are owners contemplating selling.

#455429 - 11/15/16 10:51 PM Re: Why do people request information then vanish? [Re: Vermont]
ibsellin Offline

Loc: USA
Bigtoe - what do you use to send your updates? I have been using our MLS (Matrix) since the beginning but it is frustrating because they will deactivate it if they don't click the link every 60 days. Would like to find a solution that does not deactivate.. I know certain internet stores email me almost every day.. I might click on an email and buy something once a year.

Originally Posted By: Vermont
Just because someone may have requested an MLS Fact Sheet on a property doesn't mean that they want to be hounded for a telephone conversation.

I suppose it all depends upon how the request "form" is worded.

I believe it almost always says something like "Contact an Agent" or "Request More Information" it could not be more clear.

I have to admit I have done the same thing a time or two. Last time I bought a car was 1/2012. I was probably browsing as early as 9/2011. I'd see a car that seemed like a good deal and I wanted to know if it was a salvage title or what was up and would fill out the form even though I wasn't ready to pull the trigger. Right now I'm in the early stages of car shopping again and I have to hold myself back from inquiring about cars and say "you're not serious just yet.. don't be one of those disappearing internet leads for the car salesmen".

I think that is just it, something piques our interest at that moment in time but minutes later we realize that was stupid, it was an impulse 'contact'. So the question for us is how can we stay in touch and potentially get them to contact us when they become serious?

I think emailing listings is the obvious answer.. what else can you do? You could call them every once in a while but not all that often or they'll just stop answering.. maybe every month or two?

Edited by ibsellin (11/15/16 10:52 PM)

#455431 - 11/16/16 12:11 AM Re: Why do people request information then vanish? [Re: ibsellin]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

My mls will deactivate after a year if i do not renew it. I have a framed idx from ihouse that i use on some of my sites and i dont believe it deactivates updates.

On my registration form i ask them if they need help now, buy next12 months , next 24 months,already own and want more, thinking of selling. The questions are not mandatory but most people answer them anyways.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
dalebeshansky, InternGrinder, Diamond Concrete, OnTheDownload, rhea_re
30255 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (barb43, 1 invisible), 74 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Advertisement

Top Posters (30 Days)
dotcom_agents 16
Tim Bizz 14
Trouble 13
T.T. 11
Vermont 11
gitmonee 10
estatereal 10
Daniel1234 8