Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28527009
No new orders today 13144569
Stupid MLS comments. 3359323
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1235320
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1107801
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1062507
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 850744
Let's talk about our cars 702505
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 627725
Most common items found at an REO 625618
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 618206
REOTRANS 466546
EML 459235
Main Street 448934
asset val seminar in colorado 425425
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 356103
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 331583
Evalonline 300210
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#15210 - 08/05/06 07:53 PM Re: my for sale sign got stolen
Lemrutauhsoj Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally posted by wscottfunk:
I bought some of the anchors that screw into the ground (similar to the mobile home type) and placed one underneath my sign. I then chained/locked the anchor to my sign, which is directly above the anchor.

Unless the thief is the incredible hulk, my sign is not going anywhere.

Problem solved!

Scott
Scott,

Are you talking about one of these?

Lemrut

Advertisements
#15211 - 08/05/06 10:39 PM Re: my for sale sign got stolen
Clear Lake Houston Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Well, I can't wait until I'm actually an agent so I can use one of those dog chain anchors on a for sale sign. It would be nearly impossible to remove that sign without first removing the padlock holding the anchor to the sign...great idea. Before someone had mentioned that idea I was thinking I'd have to set the sign in concrete to keep it secure--can't imagine too many clients liking that idea...
832-651-1433 Direct
steve@ClearLakeHomeTeam.com

Clear Lake/NASA area of Houston, including League City, Friendswood, Seabrook and north Galveston County.

#15212 - 08/05/06 11:59 PM Re: my for sale sign got stolen
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

Loc: Texas Gulf Coast
Christina, it did sorta sound like my part of the country, now that I think about it. smile

So what size are the screws and how hard are they to get into the ground. It is very sad for our industry when our fellow agents take our signs. Where do these people come from...

Clear Lake--hello from Pasadena.

#15213 - 08/06/06 05:59 PM Re: my for sale sign got stolen
Lemrutauhsoj Offline

I definitly wouldn't do the concrete thing, even if the client would let me. First off you'd have to mix it there and get all messy, secondly and more importantly is removing it when it sells, it would be a real pain. At least with the anchor method they can't sit there and "turn" it out of the ground with it being locked to the sign and the sign can't be removed because it's on the anchor. I'm just waiting for Scott to confirm those are the actual type he uses.

Josh

#15214 - 08/07/06 03:30 PM Re: my for sale sign got stolen
CALIF DREAMING Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Downey, California
Here's a suggestion for areas where for sale signs seem to get removed, damaged, or graffitied. Get the property owner's permission to place an additional sign in one of their street facing windows. Most times when the sign is removed or defaced, the post is still there which will still cause a buyer's head to turn. When they do, there's your sign and contact information securely in the window.

#15215 - 08/08/06 06:59 AM Re: my for sale sign got stolen
AgentBauer Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Happens all the time!
In fact, I have been helping a Seller who is not my client (brokers client) with Broker permission I put one of my brochure stands in front of her house. Seller likes me and only allows me to do Opens for her. Anyway, brochures disappearing like crazy.....no calls???

All of a sudden a few days later my entire box is stolen! Have had it happen w/ name riders too though.

Seller likes me and really took it personally! She went on a hunt to look for my box........She found it!! A few blocks away....all excited ready to steal it back for me.....calls me and I explain to her that the house my box is in front of is ANOTHER one of my listings......never laughed so hard.

#15216 - 08/08/06 09:04 AM Re: my for sale sign got stolen
zephyr Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Missouri
I have taken to putting my name and home phone number on my brochure boxes and lock-boxes due to the rash of thefts of these types of items around here. They may still get stolen, but I doubt other Realtors will be able to use them that way. It's insane- we are supposed to be professionals- why do so many resort to illegal practices, instead of doing things the honest way? oh- already said it- they're realtors...

"And think not you can guide the course of Love, for Love, if it finds you worthy, will guide your course" K.Gibran

#15217 - 08/08/06 09:24 AM Re: my for sale sign got stolen
Gulf Winds Offline
REO Slave
Major Contributor

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemrutauhsoj:
Quote:
[b]I bought some of the anchors that screw into the ground (similar to the mobile home type) and placed one underneath my sign. I then chained/locked the anchor to my sign, which is directly above the anchor.

Problem solved!

Scott
Scott,

Lemrut [/b]
"There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen.." - James Lovell- Astronaut

#15218 - 08/08/06 09:29 AM Re: my for sale sign got stolen
Gulf Winds Offline
REO Slave
Major Contributor

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemrutauhsoj:
Quote:
[b]I bought some of the anchors that screw into the ground (similar to the mobile home type) and placed one underneath my sign. I then chained/locked the anchor to my sign, which is directly above the anchor.

Problem solved!

Scott
Scott,

Lemrut [/b]
Yes, that's one. I also bought another type that are used for mobile homes that's more substantial & harder to remove.

4" x 15" x 1/2"

http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/30-145-mobile-home-tie-down/all-purpose-anchor-kit--635221.aspx
"There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen.." - James Lovell- Astronaut

#15219 - 08/08/06 03:07 PM Re: my for sale sign got stolen
Lemrutauhsoj Offline

Sounds good, I'll be looking to do that, could do that in everything but the summer months here (ground too hard, it's hard enough getting a sign in the ground.)

Lemrut

#453790 - 08/05/16 12:50 PM Re: my for sale sign got stolen [Re: Gulf Winds]
Lily M. Offline

Loc: Texas
Check out our P-Locks Theft Deterrent Anchoring System. You can anchor down and lock your Real Estate signs.

Edited by Admin (08/05/16 01:06 PM)
Edit Reason: Please put your URL in your profile.

#453796 - 08/06/16 05:21 PM Re: my for sale sign got stolen [Re: the ring]
barb43 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: SW Okla
Can't imagine tearing up an owner's yard with one of these screw-in anchors.

We do occasionally have a sign stolen.

We also have a couple of locations - one at the city barn, the other at the county barn - where we're welcome to go look for our signs, and we do sometimes find them.

LIMITATIONS: Until You Spread Your Wings, You'll Have No Idea How Far You Can Walk. - despair.com

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
kmajors, alen111, deanne, Cupcakes, whoiamnow
30193 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Dimitri), 58 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 19
Trouble 17
estatereal 11
Z06Fanatic 10
Mr. Clean 8
newagent2028 8
T.T. 8
HChomat 7
Big Kahuna 5