Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29134866
No new orders today 13236391
Stupid MLS comments. 3527396
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1336151
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1173245
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1120737
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 908417
Let's talk about our cars 758047
Most common items found at an REO 684418
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 670304
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 665217
REOTRANS 510343
Main Street 495810
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 453256
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 388469
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 366816
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285056
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#453394 - 07/10/16 08:51 PM Seller not wanting to lower list price
DJM Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hi guys, how often do you run into a seller where they won't listen to their Realtor when you tell them house is not selling because it's over priced? I've got the most stubborn seller where she's got her teeth into a net proceed from the sale of her house but house is not getting any bites because I keep telling her it's because of the asking price. We are into the third month of a 6 month listing agreement and she wants out of the agreement and go with someone else. I talked to my broker today and he wants the 3 of us to sit down and talk about it. I don't know what the hell she wants me to do. House is a nice house but neighborhood won't support her asking price. She won't even look at the comps I've given her, says she has her own but won't produce them. She's so freaken unreasonable. I can't be the only one that runs into this crap! Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

Advertisements
#453395 - 07/11/16 05:39 AM Re: Seller not wanting to lower list price [Re: DJM]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
You chose to work for her, and if the only idea you have is to lower the price, then I guess you're at a standstill.

You can always represent a Buyer and get of the Commission; you know the property better than anyone else.

#453405 - 07/11/16 06:01 PM Re: Seller not wanting to lower list price [Re: Vermont]
DJM Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Pretty much Vermont, hard to sell a home that's over priced. Have had quite a few lookers, but no offers. I believe she's getting an ear full from family about using a family friend but I don't believe my broker will let her out of the contract till it either sells or expires. So, I guess we are at a standstill. I'm pretty confident about my pricing on listings, so unless she lowers the price, or gets lucky, it'll sit. Cutting my commission is out of the question so I guess she'll have to find the money she needs elsewhere.

#453671 - 07/30/16 09:02 PM Re: Seller not wanting to lower list price [Re: DJM]
Tex Offline

Loc: TX
Don't think for a second your situation is rare. Some people are positive that they know more about this business than we do, didn't want to use a Realtor in the first place, but did, then won't listen to our advice. Too bad you are her first Realtor.

I have witnessed homes go through two or more Realtors and six month listings before the seller finally caved and lowered the price. The last Realtor got the cheese.

#455771 - 12/07/16 10:54 AM Re: Seller not wanting to lower list price [Re: DJM]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
This is why I love expireds. Her next agent will offer a plower list price based on comps and she is more likely to agree because she won't have to swallow her pride and admit you were right. Not to mention once a person digs their heals in it just becomes that much harder to get them back.

I always say that everything we say and do builds a wall between us or builds a bridge between us. If you tell someone something they dont want to hear or aren't ready to listen to you are building a wall even if you are right.

The secret in sales is to be able to get through to those people by being their partner and building a bridge even as you are telling them what they dont want to hear

#455772 - 12/07/16 10:54 AM Re: Seller not wanting to lower list price [Re: DJM]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
..what happened with the listing???????

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
MFCHomes, John ha, DennisMcD, Thomas Clark, GM LENDING INC
30995 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Trouble, 1 invisible), 44 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
OahuAgent 20
Z06Fanatic 17
Long Walk 13
CathCoy 9
DangerRanger 8
realestategreat 7
BayareaRE 7
Bigtoe 6
Trouble 6