Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29077862
No new orders today 13229792
Stupid MLS comments. 3523715
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1333052
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1167879
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1119555
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 906817
Let's talk about our cars 755070
Most common items found at an REO 682069
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 668200
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 664641
REOTRANS 509529
Main Street 493383
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 452214
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 388051
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 366293
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285055
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#451143 - 03/09/16 11:05 AM Re: How are expired listings still being prospected? [Re: Granta Omega]
FedallahX Offline

Loc: NY
Whoa,

This thread is heavy.
If you're there I have something for you.

I felt the same as you, and in many ways it was a weird kind of gift. I got through it, and remember it well. Now I feel something tremendous, I call it ANTI-Depression: It hits you in that same spot of your head where the pain came from, but it is like a high. It is actually quite awesome. I usually feel it when my kids make me laugh.

If you are still intent on going through with it, then I found the best advice:

Feeling suicidal? Good, then the world is your oyster.
If you really don't care, then you are free from fear. Instead of killing yourself, get out of your house, your apartment, even your country. Go do something incredible: get hunt terrorists, fight sharks, walk to new countries...you were intent on suicide, which has a 100% death rate, so what are you afraid of now? Take the barrel out of your mouth and do something awesome. Move to some weird country, start a revolution, hitch-hike, drink in weird bars, etc.. You may just find out that the world is not such a bad place afterall.
(adapted from a more explicit message)

Advertisements
#451145 - 03/09/16 12:06 PM Re: How are expired listings still being prospected? [Re: Granta Omega]
Granta Omega Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
I almost had a career break through yesterday. I thought I could convince a professional athlete to buy instead of rent, but no luck. I'm still trying to find him a rental. Won't say who it is though.

#451146 - 03/09/16 12:31 PM Re: How are expired listings still being prospected? [Re: Granta Omega]
FedallahX Offline

Loc: NY
Well, then, there you go. Things already seem a little better. Just remember that you can work as much as you want, but you are not only your job.

#451190 - 03/10/16 10:05 PM Re: How are expired listings still being prospected? [Re: Granta Omega]
June2012 Offline

Loc: FL
I agree. My broker taught me to stick to the routine of saying affirmation and gratitude everyday. They really help.

#451191 - 03/10/16 10:52 PM Re: How are expired listings still being prospected? [Re: Granta Omega]
Granta Omega Offline

I personally don't really want to do expired prospecting anymore. I actually want to look for ways to get listings without FSBO and Expired hunting. I know a lot of agents suggest using the phone to get appointments with people, but I just really don't like the idea of using the phone to prospect to be honest. People who never met you aren't going to recommend you based on a phone call, and having to call 100 people to get one listing seems to be a waste of time to me.

Also, I calculated that with going after expired listings, if the success rate is 5%, that means I'll get about 2-3 listings per year. There just aren't expired listings on a regular basis here the way there used to be.

Somehow, many agents are listing a large volume without having to go after FSBOs and Expired listings, so there has to be a way to do it.

#451200 - 03/11/16 07:01 AM Re: How are expired listings still being prospected? [Re: Granta Omega]
June2012 Offline

Loc: FL
Looking around, these listing agents are more established in certain neighborhoods or have been around for years. My broker actually taught us it's better to work with buyers. I have several buyers that were happy with my service and then asked me to sell their houses or their relatives'. It also diminishes the likelihood of cutting commission to compete with others. It was so much easier. Give you an Example, My friend's mother was a cash buyer that was interested in an area. I went around knocking on doors and posting flyers for hours. 1 person out of many responded and told me she and her parents were just about to list their place. Long story short, the transaction didn't happen because the friend's mother was unreasonable. The sellers listed with someone else anyway because that listing agent was more established in the neighborhood and spoke Spanish. How can I compete with that! My old broker told me to last is to list. That was so frustrating and discouraging to me when I was new to the business. My new broker said help your buyers especially the first time home buyers. It's more gratifying and they are social media savvy. They advertise for you for free. The Sellers from their referrals trust me already and they are more likely to take my advice on listing price etc. Plus, being the buyer's realtor makes more commission. If you ever help a buyer buy a bank owned home, you'll see that you make more money than the listing agent.My current broker's point of view makes so much more sense.

Edited by June2012 (03/11/16 07:03 AM)

#451212 - 03/11/16 01:52 PM Re: How are expired listings still being prospected? [Re: Granta Omega]
Granta Omega Offline

That's good advice. The problem is first time home buyers who can qualify for mortgages is so far and few between. I got maybe two out of around 20-30 in the past several months I talked to that were actually eligible and one of them bought. It was just a lot of time to work with those people for them to not be qualified. Back in early 2007, with internet leads our company was sponsoring, I had maybe 2 buyers out of about 60 that were qualified to buy and both of them changed their minds.

#451224 - 03/12/16 12:25 PM Re: How are expired listings still being prospected? [Re: Granta Omega]
Granta Omega Offline

I'm going to Lowe's soon to get 6 feet of rope to keep in my car in the event I decide to use it in the next week or so, because my last few shreds of hope are on the line right now. It's just that I'm turning 29 in a few months and I really don't have many years left to make something of myself. All my contributions are in the past.

#451225 - 03/12/16 12:41 PM Re: How are expired listings still being prospected? [Re: Granta Omega]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Call this number before you do anything crazy: (800) 273-8255

#451226 - 03/12/16 02:18 PM Re: How are expired listings still being prospected? [Re: Granta Omega]
Granta Omega Offline

Another problem is agents at the office are talking about how they are getting business mostly from their friends who they hang out with and see regularly. That's not going to work for me, because I don't have any friends except for on the internet.

I'm going to do some more FSBO hunting today. However, my plan for FSBO is about a 3 month plan of contact before I expect them to either list or I don't make anymore contact with them.

#451227 - 03/12/16 02:54 PM Re: How are expired listings still being prospected? [Re: Granta Omega]
edytagogola Offline

Loc: los angeles
i like pocketmynt because i can see other agent's pocket or off market properties and impress my buyers.
does anyone else use pocketmynt site?

#451230 - 03/12/16 05:50 PM Re: How are expired listings still being prospected? [Re: Granta Omega]
Granta Omega Offline

My next plan is to go through the obituaries and then try and get widows and widowers to sell their homes after their spouse died.

#451231 - 03/12/16 06:16 PM Re: How are expired listings still being prospected? [Re: Granta Omega]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Granta Omega
My next plan is to go through the obituaries and then try and get widows and widowers to sell their homes after their spouse died.

That's similar to Attorneys Chasing Ambulances; but you'd be chasing Hearses ?

#451233 - 03/12/16 06:34 PM Re: How are expired listings still being prospected? [Re: Granta Omega]
Granta Omega Offline

Well I'm not going to go to the funeral home to prospect, so I think the hearse will be out of the picture.

#451235 - 03/12/16 06:59 PM Re: How are expired listings still being prospected? [Re: Granta Omega]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Originally Posted By: Granta Omega
Another problem is agents at the office are talking about how they are getting business mostly from their friends who they hang out with and see regularly. That's not going to work for me, because I don't have any friends except for on the internet.

I'm going to do some more FSBO hunting today. However, my plan for FSBO is about a 3 month plan of contact before I expect them to either list or I don't make anymore contact with them.

I wouldn't stop at contacting them. If you could get their email address and put it in your contact list on your website (if you have one), you can generate a monthly sales sheet of homes sold around their neighborhood or home. Some eventually come around to calling you; but, don't expect every single one of them to - it just doesn't happen that. No one gets all the listings.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
iclassified, Ananta Lifestyle, BHAM Broker, RealHero123, MUDAVEN
30965 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (dday, estatereal, AnonymousWriter, Mr Fern), 71 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
OahuAgent 10
BayareaRE 7
Z06Fanatic 7
CathCoy 4
MUDAVEN 3
CountryBoyNC 3
Trouble 3
Bigtoe 3
HChomat 3