Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29217997
No new orders today 13244628
Stupid MLS comments. 3534562
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1339702
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1181376
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1124613
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 910383
Let's talk about our cars 761770
Most common items found at an REO 688147
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 673776
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 667596
REOTRANS 512555
Main Street 498602
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 454516
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 390332
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 368007
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285056
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#442064 - 01/05/15 01:48 PM Schema markup for testimonials page
DueDiligence Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Wild Wild West
Hi all, just getting back on my feet.

Schema markup for testimonials pages seems like a good idea. Question:

Using Itemprop="name", i.e., Bob Smith Realty, Anytown USA

1. If the Itemprop="url" refers to the MAIN webpage from each of the testimonials on the Testimonials webpage, and IF rich snippets do occur, will they occur on the Testimonials page or interfere with the MAIN page description? Silly question, maybe, but I'm cautious.

2. For each testimonial markup, should the MAIN webpage url be repeated?

Thanks!

Advertisements
#442083 - 01/06/15 09:00 AM Re: Schema markup for testimonials page [Re: DueDiligence]
doug Offline

Admin
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
I am no expert on using schema markup but why would you want to link each testimonial to your site's main entry page?

There is some good info on using Itemprop="url" at http://schema.org/docs/gs.html#microdata_itemprop

#442086 - 01/06/15 12:04 PM Re: Schema markup for testimonials page [Re: doug]
DueDiligence Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Wild Wild West
Well, let's become experts! It is the future of search.

In its infancy, it's murky and confusing, kind of like Basic 30+ years ago-- seat of the pants stuff with limited how-tos. I get where it's going and why, but application at this time is sketchy. Especially for real estate services. Testimonials seemed the best place to start. The safest place to test it.

I don't know why suggested coding puts the main URL in each testimonial. It's valuable to link WHO the reviewer is talking about in addition to WHAT (service) was rendered, and WHERE information ABOUT that service (and the provider) can be found. That much I get. But I agree with why? have the main url in each testimonial.

I'll PM you the testimonial code. You probably know about the aggregate rating code already.

#442087 - 01/06/15 12:25 PM Re: Schema markup for testimonials page [Re: DueDiligence]
doug Offline

Admin
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
My understanding is that using schema does not help increase you search positions. It allows you to have control over the snippet searchers see in the search result and that may allow you to perhaps entice more searchers to click on your link. Unless the page is already ranking highly it seems like a lot of work for not much reward to me.

With that, I don't follow the reasoning for adding schema to a Realtor's testimonial page - a page that would only show up in searches for "Jane Agent testimonials".

For Realtors isn't schema primarily of value for assisting the listing in Local Search which is pretty much like a phone book?

#442088 - 01/06/15 01:10 PM Re: Schema markup for testimonials page [Re: DueDiligence]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
I use it for some of my meta descriptions and it makes my space in the serps look good, when g feels like using it. It is better than them just pulling random text off the page.

today they are using it and my results look like a proper advertiement should look. I just wish they wouldnt cut it short. Bing leaves it intact so my 800 number shows up in the results.

Edited by Bigtoe (01/06/15 01:12 PM)

#450044 - 01/22/16 01:24 PM Re: Schema markup for testimonials page [Re: DueDiligence]
Jason_C Offline

Loc: Colombia
Hey guys, just thought I'd chime in here.

Doug is right on as far as I can tell. I've reached out to some of the SEO data collectors to see if they have noticed any improvement with using schema when no snippet would be applied. I'll come back if I get anything worth noting.

The main advantage I can see right now would be for new or newly re-designed websites (only if new URL structures are implemented) and the search engine's ability to quickly analyze its contents.

As far as referencing the main page in the URL, I may be misunderstanding your point, DueDiligence, but the URL within the schema tag should be directed towards the page on schema.org where the rule exists.

In general, I would look towards whoever develops the site or tools used on the site to have this properly implemented. For example, in WordPress, the theme or plugin that displays listings should have proper schema markup wherever you provide listings. I've only ever tested this on one platform, but it's worth digging deeper on. I'll reach out to some of the WordPress real estate theme developers and see if they'll fill me in on how they handle this.

#450410 - 02/09/16 08:25 AM Re: Schema markup for testimonials page [Re: DueDiligence]
Jason_C Offline

Loc: Colombia
Sorry it took me so long to get back here.

I was able to confirm that Schema markup has not had any impact on ranking and nobody expects it to. Given Google's failure to get authors to properly implement the markup necessary to apply authorship snippets, it's very unlikely that Google will be applying schema as a ranking factor in the near future.

That said, applying it properly is still the right thing to do. I was also able to confirm that listing should be properly marked up with Schema.org tags when they are transferred from the MLS to IDX if you're using IDX to present properties on your site. Beyond the listing tags, it would still be on a platform by platform basis to know if they are being used.

#465717 - 08/21/19 08:20 PM Re: Schema markup for testimonials page [Re: DueDiligence]
ManhattanMiami Offline

Loc: Manhattan, NY
Just did the schema on my site and the bounce rates dropped dramatically

Moderator:  doug 
Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Semi, Breezy LL, jmarshallsquare, jeannptns01, s3th1j0hns0n
31032 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Scagent), 54 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Z06Fanatic 20
CathCoy 20
realestategreat 16
Lucky Leonardo 15
T.T. 12
OahuAgent 11
Trouble 9
Long Walk 4
RATKOS 3