Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Free Foreclosure Webinar

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28601356
No new orders today 13153636
Stupid MLS comments. 3368234
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1241697
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1111023
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1065440
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 854552
Let's talk about our cars 705952
Most common items found at an REO 631105
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 630080
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 621231
REOTRANS 469028
EML 459235
Main Street 452566
asset val seminar in colorado 427205
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 357963
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 333335
Evalonline 300210
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#447858 - 09/18/15 10:00 AM Direct Mail tracking and Split Testing?
WalterC Offline

Loc: Toronto
Hi, I am a relatively new realtor and when I was getting my website built I was told about split testing and tracking where you test two versions of the website to see which one gets you more leads.

Now that I am doing more direct mailers I was wondering if anyone does tracking for their mailers. Also is there anyway to "split test" different flyers and most cards to see which gets me more calls and leads? Also if there any software that could help make this easier for me?

I am excited to hear some ideas. Thank you!

Advertisements
#447885 - 09/20/15 09:10 AM Re: Direct Mail tracking and Split Testing? [Re: WalterC]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Hey Walter,

I also saw your other post about asking how to track direct mail.

Well, there's a few ways to do it. You could have different phone numbers... emails on there. You could have different offers.

So, say you're sending out 1,000 postcards. 500 could be for a CMA and the other 500 could be for a free Home Seller's Guide. Then, you'll know which person is asking for what.

You could also just send all 1,000 with a specific offer, see what kind of results you get, then the next mailing change the offer. Then change the headline. Then change the Call-to-Action (CTA).

So many ways you could do it!

Oh, and if you're doing stuff online. You could split test different sign up forms that get rotated so you can see which one gives you the best results.

#447887 - 09/20/15 12:06 PM Re: Direct Mail tracking and Split Testing? [Re: David Hunter]
WalterC Offline

Loc: Toronto
Hi David,

Thanks for the response, I was't sure which forum to ask the question thats why I ended up posting in both, perhaps I shouldn't do that.

Right now I have two different numbers that I put on my mailers, but I also use those numbers on other marketing material so its a bit hard to track. I think I am going to work on getting some more phone numbers to use the new ones just for the direct mailers and do what you suggested.

The only thing is right now when I send out my mail I see a boost in my website traffic, but I don't know which mailer worked the best to get them to the website. Any ideas on that?

Thanks again

#447900 - 09/21/15 03:41 AM Re: Direct Mail tracking and Split Testing? [Re: WalterC]
ibsellin Offline

Loc: USA
With the kinds of returns real estate mailers get to begin with, I think you are going to need to be sending far more mailers than your average 'new realtor' will ever send to do a very accurate split test.

What I would do, if you are unsure which ad copy is better, is do what David suggested to send Offer 1 then Offer 2 then Offer 1 then Offer 2. It's not a true split test IMHO because for one thing, real estate direct mail has a few key elements:

1. is consistency and brand building. They say expect to mail for 12-24 months when farming before seeing any results really. It takes people a long time to remember you as 'their Realtor'. So if they call you on the 10th try and that happens to be Offer 2, that doesn't mean Offer 1 wasn't as good, it could mean it took 9 times for them to remember you and what I discuss in #2..

2. is perfect timing. Let's say in your farm 10 people decide to sell on each day of the month and your postcards hit on the 1st day of each month. Very reliably I can assure you your best results are going to come from those who took action the first week of the month, the next best in 2nd week, and so on. For this reason, getting lots more responses from Offer 1 in April than Offer 2 in March or May might not mean much except a lot more people decided to put their house on the market in April.

3. is competition and turnover. Mailing to an area where 9% of homes sell annually and nobody else is mailing is going to be a lot different than an area where 2% of homes sell annually and 5 agents are mailing. For this reason if you mail Offer 1 to Area 1 and Offer 2 to Area 2 it is hard to call it a split test because you cannot control the variables of competition and turnover which could be greatly different in Area 1 and Area 2.

Edited by ibsellin (09/21/15 03:44 AM)

#447911 - 09/21/15 07:57 AM Re: Direct Mail tracking and Split Testing? [Re: WalterC]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
^Like it!!!

If you're trying to see which advertisements are bringing your prospects to your websites then you could have the offer but send them to different webpages on your site and track it with Google Analytics or some other tracking software.

So, say you're testing two postcards with the same offer, but changed the copy a little and you want to see which one gets prospects to your website. Then, you could say something like "Get a FREE Home Seller's Guide by visiting: WalterC.com/home-sellers-guide/" and the other one could say, "Get a FREE Home Seller's Guide by visiting: WalterC.com/Selling-Guide/"

So, you could have different pages to test to see where someone landed. And, you could make the pages hidden, so only people with that link can see that page (even though it has the exact same info as the other offer's page, etc.).

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
dalebeshansky, InternGrinder, Diamond Concrete, OnTheDownload, rhea_re
30255 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (barb43, 1 invisible), 74 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Advertisement

Top Posters (30 Days)
dotcom_agents 16
Tim Bizz 14
Trouble 13
T.T. 11
Vermont 11
gitmonee 10
estatereal 10
Daniel1234 8