Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28526729
No new orders today 13144503
Stupid MLS comments. 3359238
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1235272
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1107751
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1062468
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 850733
Let's talk about our cars 702479
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 627721
Most common items found at an REO 625567
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 618180
REOTRANS 466517
EML 459235
Main Street 448922
asset val seminar in colorado 425419
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 356100
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 331579
Evalonline 300210
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#445702 - 05/26/15 08:37 PM Question about MOJO cold calling
Granta Omega Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
I took a look at the program and it seems rather interesting.

What I was wondering though, is if it is a popular program for agents, do you often get leads that other agents have already got? Does their dialer or import program weed out leads that other agents have already called?

It just seems that it would be a waste if several other agents were calling the same exact people as it takes already a slim chance of getting a lead from one call, and shrinks it because many other agents using the same software in the same service area are calling also.

Advertisements
#446173 - 06/24/15 01:56 PM Re: Question about MOJO cold calling [Re: Granta Omega]
New2ReSales Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I'm just a noob to this business, but I've been reading and watching videos non-stop for weeks in a row now. I've heard Mojo mentioned in more than one video, and the interesting thing is it was mentioned as if they were talking about a pen or something. As if using it is more of an expectation in their office.

So Mojo is definitely something I'll be giving a go. I haven't cold-called in 18 years. This should be interesting, lol. I've got to get "my mojo" back!

#446190 - 06/25/15 01:52 AM Re: Question about MOJO cold calling [Re: Granta Omega]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
http://www.agentsonline.net/forums/ubbth...html#Post446163

ll you need to know about mojo can be found in this thread, just be sure to read the whole thread.

#446191 - 06/25/15 02:50 AM Re: Question about MOJO cold calling [Re: Granta Omega]
New2ReSales Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
From what I'm reading, the biggest selling point of Mojo is they run their numbers against the DNC list. However, before I use it, I want to review their TOS closely to ensure they don't have an "out" if they're wrong.

#446226 - 06/28/15 11:33 AM Re: Question about MOJO cold calling [Re: New2ReSales]
ibsellin Offline

Loc: USA
Mojo is a great service I have been a subscriber for many years and seen it evolve from 2 different desktop clients FKA Mojo and Mojo ACE to the new web platform we have today, along with the ipad and iphone versions.

So as to what you've said - Mojo does not have any tool built-in to scrub your records against the Federal DNC list. You have to export them, scrub them, and import them to do that.

I use Redx for Expireds and they will scrub your Expireds, but not your other numbers.

Mojo does have an Internal DNC feature. If you talk to someone and they say put them on the DNC list you hit a button and they are on your DNC list. Now if you import new records you can scrub them against those numbers.

With regards to deleting numbers other agents have called, NO! Yes it is frustrating and if you are going to do the Expireds & FSBO game get used to it. They will be getting tons of calls so your best bet is to be on them early before they stop answering their phone.

Other people take an alternative route and just straight up cold call neighborhoods they want to work, with no idea of who may be selling and who isn't. It is kind of a zero sum game. If you call an area with a 4% turnover rate you know 1 in 25 will sell. You might be the only or one of two agents calling.

If you call FSBOs or Expireds you know all of them are or were considering selling, but aren't selling now or not using an agent for various reasons. You'll also be up against stiffer competition, and in a major market you can bet they are getting lots of calls so bring your A game. Pick your poison.

Mojo and calling in general are great for the super determined, but anything less than 100% commitment will not yield great results. What I mean is, cold callings is like riding a bike, but forget that it is like riding a unicycle, down a big hill, after an ice storm, and you have no knee pads or helmets and there are other more experienced riders who will love to bump into you and cause you to crash along the way. If you keep getting on your unicycle and headed down the icy hill you will eventually find the bottom, but not without much pain frustration along the way.

Go get em tiger!

#446268 - 07/02/15 05:59 PM Re: Question about MOJO cold calling [Re: Granta Omega]
Broker John Offline

Loc: NC
I know some folks here can dial a bizillion numbers by hand with 2 phones...I couldn't! Once I bit the bullet and paid for mojo to dial the numbers for me my contacts and dials went WAAAY up. I believe it was 2 issues:

1. I was a puss and dialing. Didn't want to hear unhappy people, fear of what they may say, etc etc.

2. No Consistency, I would do a few numbers, then wait, do a few, write some email etc.

Dial one number in the morning to log into mojo and sit there on the phone for 3 hours, you cannot NOT set appointments. Really that simple.

#446282 - 07/03/15 09:39 PM Re: Question about MOJO cold calling [Re: Granta Omega]
Granta Omega Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
MOJO does not check the DNC list. They even say so on their site.

#455943 - 12/19/16 05:51 AM Re: Question about MOJO cold calling [Re: Broker John]
Donna Jean Offline

Loc: Ohio
Now thinking of MOJO calling, where does it get the phone numbers/list to call? How do you go about scrubbing for the DNC...do you get the list from mojo first, then scrub and send back?

#456013 - 12/22/16 05:55 AM Re: Question about MOJO cold calling [Re: Donna Jean]
ibsellin Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Donna Jean
Now thinking of MOJO calling, where does it get the phone numbers/list to call? How do you go about scrubbing for the DNC...do you get the list from mojo first, then scrub and send back?

You can import numbers from a lead source like Redx or another or mojo sells them. If you are just neighborhood canvassing you can buy them from mojo or another source. SO basically you can get them from mojo or import..

#456017 - 12/22/16 09:01 AM Re: Question about MOJO cold calling [Re: ibsellin]
Donna Jean Offline

Loc: Ohio
I'll give MOJO a call, thanks for the information!

#458115 - 06/17/17 02:20 AM Re: Question about MOJO cold calling [Re: ibsellin]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: ibsellin
Mojo is a great service I have been a subscriber for many years and seen it evolve from 2 different desktop clients FKA Mojo and Mojo ACE to the new web platform we have today, along with the ipad and iphone version

Mojo and calling in general are great for the super determined, but anything less than 100% commitment will not yield great results. What I mean is, cold callings is like riding a bike, but forget that it is like riding a unicycle, down a big hill, after an ice storm, and you have no knee pads or helmets and there are other more experienced riders who will love to bump into you and cause you to crash along the way. If you keep getting on your unicycle and headed down the icy hill you will eventually find the bottom, but not without much pain frustration along the way.

Go get em tiger!

Your unicycle analogy is more appropriate to the millions of agents carrying a real estate licence and who do NOTHING all day long to generate leads and Appointments's yet expect to be profitable in a hard core sales job that offers zero in company benefits.

Now that's pain & suffering plus being mediocre at best.

Edited by Lucky Leonardo (06/17/17 03:41 AM)

#459180 - 09/25/17 07:40 AM Re: Question about MOJO cold calling [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Danny1 Offline

Loc: Illinois
Originally Posted By: Lucky Leonardo

Your unicycle analogy is more appropriate to the millions of agents carrying a real estate licence and who do NOTHING all day long to generate leads and Appointments's yet expect to be profitable in a hard core sales job that offers zero in company benefits.

Now that's pain & suffering plus being mediocre at best.

Hi Lucky, if you don't mind me asking, hypothetically speaking, lets say you had a full time job, taking 50 hours of your time per week. What kind of a production would you be aiming for?

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
kmajors, alen111, deanne, Cupcakes, whoiamnow
30193 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (Muniart, grexley, Trouble, 1 invisible), 69 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 19
Trouble 17
estatereal 11
Z06Fanatic 10
Mr. Clean 8
newagent2028 8
HChomat 7
T.T. 6
Big Kahuna 5