Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Free Foreclosure Webinar

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28601356
No new orders today 13153636
Stupid MLS comments. 3368234
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1241697
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1111023
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1065440
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 854552
Let's talk about our cars 705952
Most common items found at an REO 631105
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 630080
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 621231
REOTRANS 469028
EML 459235
Main Street 452566
asset val seminar in colorado 427205
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 357963
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 333335
Evalonline 300210
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#436411 - 05/29/14 03:00 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! ***** [Re: Cindy W]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
I've been back at it since the weather changed. I'm very glad
to be off the phone.

Here is today's sample:

9:00 - 11:40, 103 doors, 30 contacts, 2 leads (one of which I dont want to work with)

1:00 - 3:00, 85 doors, 20 contacts, zero leads

Edited by Hunter 308 (05/29/14 03:01 PM)

Advertisements
#436477 - 06/01/14 02:16 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
ibsellin Offline

Loc: USA
Hi, when I was a rookie I did some door knocking.. I got an appointment with a 1.5M seller, lost it to another agent, but he sold for $1.5M which is exactly what I told him. I don't know why I ever quit, I ended up reading lucky's thread and beginning to call instead, but honestly I hate calling.. I should get back at it... could lose some belly at the same time!

What will you do if you don't have a nearby listing instead of the open house invitation?

The neighborhood I'm trying to work is a high priced neighborhood, way overworked, properly priced listings get multiple offers in a week.. I'm looking to break in, how should I start?

Our mls has a really nice auto-email system that can spit out market reports full of details and photos, sold prices, actives, etc. on a regular schedule. I have generated so much buyer business off this drip system its ridiculous.. you can set and forget. If you can get them signed up and they look at them you will get a call or email 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 18 months, 2 years after setting them up when they are ready, with no follow up. I'm sure conversion is 10x better with follow up. I only follow up with the hottest leads, I am too ADD to follow up with incubated buyers. So I've been considering trying this with sellers.. something like:

Hi sir, I'm Ibsellin a real estate broker and was interested in offering you a free market report by email, here's an example (quickly pull out ipad and show them how cool they are before they say no and shut door).

Thoughts & Suggestions?

Edited by ibsellin (06/01/14 02:19 AM)

#436492 - 06/01/14 11:59 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: ibsellin]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Sounds like a solid plan, out speaking to people, offering something of value not to mention you will walk straight into
immediate business plus this will be very cheap to implement
and maintain.

#436572 - 06/04/14 04:12 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
Tex Offline

Loc: TX
I guess I just find it hard to believe it is possible to get good quality listings or buyer clients by either door knocking or using an auto-dialer. Maybe it is because I am kind of new at this. And what I mean by kind of new is that I have been a builder for many years, and bought and sold a number of properties. I have done this a long time, just not for others.

I applaud high energy. I just think there ought to be a better way to apply it. I hope nobody takes offense to this, but I am just trying to apply constructive criticism from the publicís perspective.

Lets say I have a home to sell. If somebody came knocking on my door looking for real estate business that tells me that they are new, inexperienced, etc. I know everybody has to start somewhere. But I donít want them starting with one of the biggest investments I have. I want the guy/gal who has been doing this for so long that you have to seek them out. Myself, I donít want to look new at it. Arenít we supposed to be professionals? That doesnít look professional.

And auto-dialers: I am so sick of these calls I am just without words that I can use on here. DNC isnít working for us for some reason. I have ill family and jump to the phone every time it rings, only to get an autodialed solicitor on well over half the calls. I think they should be completely banned by the FCC. Since that isnít happening anytime soon I would like to just call friends and family and tell them to call our cell phones from now on and drop our land line altogether.

The one problem with that is that from now on anybody that calls the landline will get a message saying, ďThis line has been disconnected.Ē That looks like I couldnít pay my bills. Instead of doing that I am thinking of turning the ringer off and setting the answering machine to answer only and not take a message. The outgoing message will say something like, ďDue to the ridiculous number of solicitor calls we no longer answer this line. If you really and truly know us you know our cell numbers and can reach us there.Ē

You people using autodailers: Can't you see how much of a pain in the butt you are to people just trying to enjoy peace in their home, the home you think you are going to get a chance to sell? I think autodialers are as unprofessional as it gets.

I apologize if I have ruffled feathers. However, you know the ratio of leads you get from those menacing machines, what 1 out of 1,000. You have successfully pissed off 999!!!

#436586 - 06/05/14 05:39 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: Tex]
smg Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: United States
Originally Posted By: Tex
Lets say I have a home to sell. If somebody came knocking on my door looking for real estate business that tells me that they are new, inexperienced, etc. I know everybody has to start somewhere. But I donít want them starting with one of the biggest investments I have. I want the guy/gal who has been doing this for so long that you have to seek them out. Myself, I donít want to look new at it. Arenít we supposed to be professionals? That doesnít look professional.

Honestly, if I have a home to sell and a guy comes to my door, I am going to think "here is an agent that is out looking for buyers and sellers, not a guy sitting and waiting for the phone to ring". I have been an agent for ten years. In half an hour, I am going out to knock doors. I believe in prospecting and I see absolutely no correlation to it and an agents experience. I would rather hire the agent that shows me salesmanship, an eagerness to find clients and a work ethic.

#436686 - 06/10/14 10:17 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: smg]
Okeydoka Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Everyone,

What do you door knockers wear? It gets hot in Houston, and sunny. I'm bald and will get a sunburn on my head if I'm not careful. Do you wear nice shorts? Do you think it would be okay to wear a hat, or do I just need to apply sunscreen to my melon?

The way I see itÖ.if the roofers and landscapers can door knock, then why not me?

#436688 - 06/10/14 12:03 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: Okeydoka]
MuneLister Offline

Loc: Orlando
[quote=Okeydoka]Hi Everyone,

What do you door knockers wear? It gets hot in Houston, and sunny. I'm bald and will get a sunburn on my head if I'm not careful. Do you wear nice shorts? Do you think it would be okay to wear a hat, or do I just need to apply sunscreen to my melon?

The way I see itÖ.if the roofers and landscapers can door knock, then why not me? [/quote]

I generally wear a nice polo shirt and some slacks. I think shorts would be a bit on the unpro side of things in folks' minds. I'm bald as well. Get some good sunscreen!

#436689 - 06/10/14 12:10 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: Okeydoka]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Semi smart straw hat, it lets your head breath, sun screen for sure and black hiking boots or something really comfortable for your feet, a crisp button down dress shirt and shorts or pants.
As soon as you have finished shaving/showering apply the sun screen and by the time you leave your home you wont have white marks on your face.

Have fun out there.

Edited by Hunter 308 (06/10/14 12:11 PM)

#436691 - 06/10/14 03:22 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: LA California
polo shirt is perfect for hot days.

Just look neat.

#436699 - 06/11/14 03:25 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
BrianMI Offline

Loc: Michigan
I think that it's important to remember that following up with the leads you do get is going to be the most important factor in the success of any door knocking campaign. (Or cold calling campaign for that matter)

The major advantage of contacting people in an area in such a manner is outlined by Bill Nasby in his door knocking audio course:

"When door knocking a farm area...you know who's planning on making a move in the next 3 to 6 months. Other agents have no idea who's planning to make a move. If you knew everyone in your target farm area who was planning to make a move, don't you think that would give you an advantage?"

The answer is an obvious "yes".

The downside to this method vs contacting FSBOs or Expireds is that these people are, for the most part, not in a "sell now" frame of mind. Expireds and FSBOs ARE in a "sell now" frame of mind.

At any given time there are fewer "sell now" people than "sell in 6 months" people. Think about it. If 700 homes sell in a particular city then that means that 58 will sell per month. 58 are going to put their home on the market in the month of June but at least 700 are going to list their home in July 2014 - June 2015. When we get to next month (July) only 58 people will be putting their house on the market but, again, 700 will be making a decision to list from August 2014 - July of 2015.

This being the case...the pool of "potential future business" is ALWAYS 12 times larger than "now" business. Furthermore, the "now" business has already been ACTIVELY figuring out who they're going to go with for 90 days prior to listing anyway...so instead of having a "fist touch" advantage when trying to contact FSBOs and Expired's...you end up with a "last touch" disadvantage.

The ONLY real advantage to targeting FSBOs and Expireds is because while the list is small and the competition is fierce...you KNOW that moving is on their mind.

Anyway...the point is that if your going to cold call or door knock, you have to have the SECOND (more important) piece of the puzzle in place which is a systematic and easy-to-consistently-implement follow-up process.
You can find me on Facebook here. Click the 'Like' button and get priority updates from my real estate prospecting blog where you'll discover the truth about cold calling and follow up. You can also search for Brian Kurtz on Twitter.

#436701 - 06/11/14 04:13 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
agentjunior Offline

Loc: Candian EH!
BrianMI - GREAT great great post in here AND the other thread that I started.

Whats the BEST follow up for these leads from the phones and doors...

For example - Theres the maybe next year lead and the I would love to be kept up to date on the market lead, for a one day move or a buyer referral...

Whats your course of action / how aggressive and timeframe of mail outs etc??

For me - I mail them a thank you letter, introducing myself and letting them know how important it is to stay abreast of the market whether they are moving or not. I include a printout of their street/area for the past 60 days and in the mail it goes.

I then do that every 2 months and mail them any just listed just sold cards etc/

Thoughts, comments?

#437020 - 06/21/14 12:38 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: agentjunior]
BrianMI Offline

Loc: Michigan
@agentjunior - Bill Nasby says just print out anything/everything real estate related (just listed/sold, rentals, expireds, price changes) that is going on in their own town. It doesn't really matter WHAT the info is or how closely related to "their" home the printout data is. It's just an excuse to re-establish contact. He said to take this to them PHYSICALLY once per week. Never mail them anything.

The point is that there's massive power behind FACE-TO-FACE interactions. This is true. If you study psychology you'll learn that the human brain actually has entire physical sections dedicated to nothing but recognizing faces. Faces are important to us and if they see your face more than they see their brother's face you might seriously win the listing even if their brother is an agent simply because there's a biological guarantee that we neither know about or understand.

That being said, I wouldn't approach it this way. Here's why.

I MUCH prefer the phones over door knocking. Weather in Michigan is NOT condusive to extensive door knocking and in this lead gen approach consistency=success. So I prefer the phones. I actually only plan on door knocking ONE small town but will work 5 good cities by phone. There would be WAY too much driving to keep in touch with every lead every week by physically driving to their homes.

My plan is to make video updates with me getting in front of the camera and then transitioning to some type of screen-cap where I give them a short market overview of what is going on in their are. Then I'll email them a link to the mentioned listing data generated by my MLS. I think that this approach can be implemented consistently, has low cost, and STILL gives the power of the face-to-face experience. It's just in video.

Just my two cents. Your mileage may vary.
You can find me on Facebook here. Click the 'Like' button and get priority updates from my real estate prospecting blog where you'll discover the truth about cold calling and follow up. You can also search for Brian Kurtz on Twitter.

#437023 - 06/21/14 05:44 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: BrianMI]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: LA California
I've been considering doing videos.

It certainly seems a lot better than a bunch of text in a letter. You don't have to have your face plastered on the video the whole time either, so you don't have to worry much about how you look or doing a lot of retakes.

#437281 - 06/30/14 05:53 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
KWCareers Offline

Loc: Worldwide
This is one of my favorite scripts and strategies for effective door knocking for real estate agents: Effective Door Knocking Scripts For Realtors

#437344 - 07/01/14 04:33 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
smg Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: United States
I may be the Lone Ranger here, but I get annoyed with the ongoing recruiting attempts by the guy above me. Shouldn't their be a section where this guy can recruit all he wants without cluttering up threads?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
dalebeshansky, InternGrinder, Diamond Concrete, OnTheDownload, rhea_re
30255 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (barb43, 1 invisible), 74 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Advertisement

Top Posters (30 Days)
dotcom_agents 16
Tim Bizz 14
Trouble 13
T.T. 11
Vermont 11
gitmonee 10
estatereal 10
Daniel1234 8