Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28655438
No new orders today 13162375
Stupid MLS comments. 3385210
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1250110
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1115330
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1069708
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 858557
Let's talk about our cars 709794
Most common items found at an REO 639494
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 632172
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 626310
REOTRANS 473233
EML 459238
Main Street 456394
asset val seminar in colorado 428627
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 360284
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 335262
Evalonline 300211
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#454161 - 08/28/16 11:44 PM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
PacificLifestyle Offline

Loc: washington
- Talk with previous clients.
- Look their MSA listing.
- Check Licensing
- How long agent have been working.

Advertisements
#454965 - 10/14/16 06:01 AM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
Braylen Armando Offline

Loc: Accra,Ghana
Good real estate agents can be difficult to find. It is the most important things that you make the right choices when buying and rent property. You can Search real estate agent from your locality in internet. Recently I bought a house in Ghana at affordable prices by the help of Abrewa Real Estate Limited. I found this agent through internet.

#455358 - 11/09/16 10:50 PM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Durise123]
Crown Lawn Offline

Loc: 4/41 Millharbour,Canary Wharf,...
I agree with your advice...Before choosing a business partner is important to know about his occupation in details.

#458320 - 06/30/17 10:35 PM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
Marksmith Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hi Durise123,
Great tips for finding an agent.
Thanks for sharing the information..

#458699 - 08/11/17 01:02 AM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
PriyaK Offline

Loc: Bangalore,India
Follow below procedure before choosing a real estate agent:
• Talk with clients
• Check for the license
• Select the agent with the right credentials
• Research and find out durability of agents
• Have a look on their current listings
• Check for the reviews online

#460081 - 12/12/17 04:07 AM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
Mayra Kelley Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
There are a lot of real estate professionals out there today. You are going to be spending a lot of time with your agent so his or her style had better be compatible with yours. So choose the most qualified person for you. The ideal person for you is an experienced professional who knows your market, acts in an ethical manner, answers all of your questions, addresses your concerns and, most important, will listen to you and be your teammate throughout the entire process.
Here are some questions that you ask your real estate agent or broker before you hire them.
1. What percentage of your clients are buyers (vs. sellers)?
2. In which neighborhoods do you primarily work?
3. Do you work full-time or part-time as a real estate agent?
4. How many homes have you closed in my neighborhood?
5. How many other buyers are you representing now? How many sellers?
6. How many years of education and experience do you have? Experience and continuing education typically make for better agents. (And it doesn’t hurt to ask if they own their own home. A new Trulia Trends study shows that 85% of brokers and agents are homeowners).
7. Are you also a broker and/or a Realtor or an agent?
8. Can you provide me with the names and phone numbers of past clients who have agreed to be references? Insights from past customers can help you learn more about an agent and give you a greater comfort level.

#460226 - 01/04/18 06:16 AM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
MissionJoe Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Great advice in this thread. I've found the best thing was to call companies that work with RE agents and ask them who they'd recommend. Once you hear the same name a handful of times, that is a good bet.

Examples of people to reach out to: staging companies, builders/flippers, investors,etc.

Referrals from friends are great but realize they buy/sell a home maybe twice every 10 years but the commercial relationships deal with them 10+ a year.

#460243 - 01/06/18 04:58 AM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
I would never call a real estate company and ask who they would recommend from their pool of agents. Usually, the person answering the phone is another agent on desk duty and you already KNOW what their answer is, "I am!"

I'd first start by going to the state licensing board to see if it shows WHEN the agent was first licensed (and some WILL have violation information) - that's the best way to find out how long they've held their license (not necessarily "working" as an agent doing transaction constantly, but, you have a good starting point in your search). Directly asking an agent - they could tell you what you want to hear.

Asking them how many sales they've had (seller or buyer); again, they could tell you what you want to hear. They could pull up 'sales' for you, but, if their name isn't on the list as the listing or buyer's agent for each of those properties, the list they give up CAN be made up.

Asking for present or past client references, again, they could be giving you their best friend's info. Unless the references can be backed up with documentation, connected to a fairly recent sale (and you KNOW they are only going to give you the 'good' references), again, they could tell you what you want to hear.

To me, it wouldn't matter if they represented more sellers or buyers because with each side of the transaction, an agent gets exposed to the opposing side in terms of issues and problems.
I would never work with an agent who is 'outside' their territory. I'm in Virginia and I'd never work with a client in Washington, DC or Maryland. #1 - I'm not licensed there; but, more importantly, #2 - I'm not 'working' those areas so my knowledge of those areas is EXTREMELY limited.

Online reviews are very subjective. Unless the person who did the review KNOWS precisely what their agent should or shouldn't have done in every aspect of a transaction, I wouldn't find their opinion very useful. Take example the reviews on Amazon for a product - some like the product and others don't. I've been burned a number of times judging a product by the reviews; and yet, other times, the negative ones, I've been very pleased with the product.

Commission DOES play a part in Virginia. Our buyer agreements have a section on WHAT you will charge the buyer as a commission, but, it can be worded that any co-brokering of commission will be credited against what you charge the buyer - so, yea, ASK about their commission. Co-brokering is where the seller's agent has charged the seller "x" to sell their home and that agent has "agreed" to "share" that commission with another agent if they have a ready, willing and able buyer for the home.

Response time to your calls, texts, emails is important; but, a client I had one time (VERY needy), I ALWAYS responded promptly and this was NUMEROUS times throughout the day the client would call me. One day, I had a real estate fire happening (my term for another transaction having problems) and I could not return this buyer's call for an hour. She called my managing broker and wanted me OFF the transaction. If the agent you have chosen has always been prompt but oddly fails one time to call you IMMEDIATELY, give them a break. Has your doctor ever returned your calls immediately every time you called their office? Probably not.

Using Redfin to find an agent could be jaded. Redfin is a real estate company and of course will push THEIR agents onto you or to a 'co-operating' agent who's going to give Redfin a good chunk of their earned commission from your real estate transaction if you choose them.

Although commission charged should not matter, many referral companies CHARGE the agent a percentage of the agent's earned commission. Many are at 30% or higher. Although commission shouldn't matter, an agent (just like an employee at a company) may have a slight chip on their shoulder when part of their 'salary' is being taken away.

This 'agentace' website, free? Oh, somebody's paying for it - nothing is free. Just like when you see agents' profiles on numerous websites like realtor.com, trulia, etc., on the right-hand side apart from any "list" that website may have. Agents PAY to be on those pages - it has NOTHING to do with their experience, education, knowledge, etc.

I agree with David Hunter (and devillecastlehil) that "The agent who comes in asking for you to show them around, asking you questions about your needs, etc." And I'd be very wary of an agent who steps right in the front door and claims "Oh, your house is so beautiful!" How can they tell when they haven't even SEEN the rest of the house? A neighbor friend did that to me when I asked her to drop by when I was interested in getting my real estate license. That "your house is so beautiful" was so fake. Reminds me of my ex-SIL, upon my FIL receiving a gift - he hadn't even torn the wrapping off and she's exclaiming "Oh, it's so beautiful." Really?!!!

Don't overlook small real estate companies. Franchises are a real estate agent mill. It takes GUTS and KNOWLEDGE and SUCCESS to be able to have your own real estate company so don't ignore the smaller companies (I'm one of those and A LOT of agents call ME asking for advice instead of their own broker!).

When you've narrowed your choices down, you can always interview them a number of times. Wouldn't that be great if we could do that in the medical field? Be able to go in and interview doctors, etc., without having to pay for the visit so we could get a good "fit" for the person in charge of our health? Sure would be!

Wishing you the best of luck!

Edited by VABroker (01/06/18 05:03 AM)

#460244 - 01/06/18 06:24 AM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: VABroker]
Long Walk Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: VABroker
I'd first start by going to the state licensing board to see if it shows WHEN the agent was first licensed (and some WILL have violation information) - that's the best way to find out how long they've held their license (not necessarily "working" as an agent doing transaction constantly, but, you have a good starting point in your search). Directly asking an agent - they could tell you what you want to hear.

I did this a few years ago for my sister when she wanted to rent out her condo when she moved to another state. I was new to NH then and didn't know anybody. So, I found some candidates on Google and started calling.

One broker was smooth as silk on the phone and was even handling a rental in my sister's condo community. All was well until I checked his license status on the state website. I could not tell if he was licensed at all. His name in their database attached to a different brokerage than he was claiming to be with. So, I called the commission and they couldn't make sense of it either. I left it in their capable hands and moved on. What really bothered me about this was that I had told this broker on the phone that I would need his E&O dec page for our records. How he ever expected to meet that requirement was beyond me.

The next property manager I found was squared away with the commission and he is still managing the property today.

What VABroker advised was for me the most reliable way to sort out the charlatans from the real deal brokers.

#460262 - 01/07/18 11:07 PM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
thomaspaugba Offline

Loc: Newark, USA
Un bon agent immobilier devrait avoir des choses suivantes-
• Réseau professionnel.
• Devrait avoir une connaissance complète des lieux donnés.
• Offre de prix Guide.
• Avoir des informations complètes sur le marché.
Si vous cherchez à investir dans l'immobilier à l'île Maurice et que vous souhaitez obtenir les meilleures options possibles pour investir dans des biens immobiliers, alors visitez Ayo World, le portail immobilier en ligne leader de l'île Maurice. Visite: http://www.ayo.world/fr

#460263 - 01/07/18 11:29 PM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: thomaspaugba]
Long Walk Offline

Bienvenue, Thomas.

Is there a reason that you are posting in French? I don't speak the language, so I can't get anything out of your post.

#460271 - 01/08/18 08:26 AM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Long Walk]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

I took French in high school (should have taken Spanish since it's more 'useable'), but, I wasn't THAT good to translate this. Let's talk about a table or a chair. I can count to ten too! LOL!

English, sil vous plait (something like that).

#460272 - 01/08/18 09:52 AM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: VABroker]
Long Walk Offline

Perhaps Thomas will translate if he ever comes back. laugh

#460273 - 01/08/18 12:37 PM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Long Walk]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

I could sit here for awhile and roughly translate it but words I am pulling are knowledge, professional network, price offer. I am thinking since there is a link to a website (supposedly), perhaps he's a salesman pushing a product since he has no other posts. laugh

#460274 - 01/08/18 12:42 PM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: VABroker]
Long Walk Offline

I went to the website. It is a French language real estate search site in Mauritius. I had to look at the on-site map to see where that is. It's an island off the coast of Madagascar. I'm beginning to doubt that Thomas is in the US after all. Very disappointing. frown

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
alexi, van phuc, ngibrealtor, nyropist, Workslocal
30353 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (estatereal, RonnieEmz), 52 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 25
CathCoy 24
gitmonee 22
Trouble 18
Daniel1234 14
CaliRealtor23 14
estatereal 14
T.T. 14
RonnieEmz 12