Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29223211
No new orders today 13245045
Stupid MLS comments. 3535137
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1340010
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1181998
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1125534
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 910602
Let's talk about our cars 762168
Most common items found at an REO 689137
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 673895
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 667851
REOTRANS 512748
Main Street 498893
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 454716
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 390703
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 368202
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285056
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 228 of 894 < 1 2 ... 226 227 228 229 230 ... 893 894 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#422250 - 04/03/13 06:09 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
asad08 Offline

Loc: CA
hi, lucky
could you post your numbers for the quarter? How is the market?

Advertisements
#422255 - 04/03/13 09:16 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: ramanda]
Mike365 Offline

Ramanda,

It took me a long time to come up with a script that sounds natural for me, and I'd like to keep to for myself (at least for now), so I hope you understand.

I can give you a hint, though: I say something about how we just sold/just listed a home and that there is a lot of buyer interest. In my marketplace, pretty much every home is getting multiple offers. Inventory is extremely tight.

You can also use the Mike Ferry script for JS/ JL. Lots of people in my office use the Mike Ferry script, and get success. You can find the MF scripts online.

BY the way, if you like the HPS book chapters, you might be able to get the whole book through your public library or through inter-library loan.

You should know that I don't use the suggested language "as is", but rather I use my own scripts and use the HPS "formula" and make it my own.

I combine HPS together with the Sandler Sales approach (look in your public library for the book "You Can't Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar")

Again, if you're in a low inventory marketplace like me, and the prices are very low, you may want to try something else. HPS hasn't been working for me for the last couple of months, which is why I'm here looking for new ideas.

#422257 - 04/03/13 09:30 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: ramanda]
Mike365 Offline

Like Ramanda, I just started with expireds again. Just got off the phone with a lady who asked me why I didn't bring a buyer when it was listed.

We all have an objection handler for that, right?

After I told her that my first priority is to find buyers for my own listings, she started crying and said she didn't know that listing agents only slap on a lockbox and a "For Sale" sign on a house.

To which I responded," not all agents are the same."

She replied with: "[censored]" and hung up on me.

Now I remember why I hate expireds and fsbos.

At least with JL/JS they aren't pre-disposed to hating Realtors. If they don't want to talk, they just hang up, they don't try to argue with you.

Oh well. Just got to keep following up, I guess.

Real estate trainers say that you can either spend time or spend money to get business. I think they miss the fact that you also spend energy, which is a limited resource.

If you waste all your energy fighting angry fsbos/expireds, then you'll have less energy left to prospect/combat objections during listing presentations.

I have to figure something out. And fast. I have no listings at the moment. Should have prospected harder in December/January to fill my pipeline.

#422258 - 04/03/13 10:08 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mike365]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Like everything in life, results depend in how much competition you have. I know agents and have had realtor coaches who could could call expireds with success every single day because no one else in their town would call them. It was considered taboo. I know agents who take 10 expired listings a month because they have zero competition.

These agents make for great stories, motivation and examples at seminars but are not the norm and demoralizing to the rest of us who wonder what we are doing wrong.

#422264 - 04/03/13 11:24 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
ramanda Offline

Loc: MA
Thanks for that reply Lucky. That is what i feel like - what am i doing wrong. However in just my office alone, there are a couple of top producing agents who hit expireds and fsbo's hard and they sell 100 houses a year and have been in the business a lot longer than i. And that doesn't count the office a few towns over with the same thing. Those are just the agents i know about. These sellers are probably getting 20 calls a day. It does feel demoralizing to compete against these agents. I have a few leads like you do from door knocking/cold calling but nowhere near enough. These leads are great. They are pleasant to talk to. I am working on the number of contacts per day to bring it up. Fsbo's and expireds are time consuming and mentally draining in my market.

#422265 - 04/03/13 11:30 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mike365]
ramanda Offline

No problem Mike. I am getting better and better with each passing day anyway. The words are flowing better and things are starting to click. It really has been a mindset thing for me and when your mind is working well everything seems to come out better and you know what to say and how to say it more and more effectively. I was so stiff before which turned off the people on the other end of the phone so i didn't get a good response which discouraged me so it was kind of like a vicious cycle. What broke it for me was going to doors believe it or not. I just got more used to talking to people and now that is translating to the phones.

#422268 - 04/04/13 12:40 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Mike365 Offline

I used to be able to get 1 appointment per day by prospecting FSBOs.

I'm thinking of doing that again.

The process goes like this:

1. I ask them if they are cooperating with brokers. Almost all say yes. Usually I set a preview appointment right then and there.

2. Sometimes they ask me if I really have a buyer, and sometimes they ask me to bring my buyer. I tell them I don't know if I have a buyer because I haven't seen the inside of their home. (the old Floyd Wickman script) Then I set the appointment.

I can set appointments with FSBOs all over town doing this. Usually I can set 1 appt per day (on average) doing this.

The problem is that most won't list after I get there.

The ones willing to list have usually set appointments with other agents, and I usually lose against the big discount broker here. ($350 total listing fee for mls, sign, negotiation, contracts etc. + 2.5% to buyer broker. The guy brings with him a list of homes sold with cooperating brokers)

I used to hate it, because I would waste half a day doing these stupid appointments.

My company does not allow discounting (and I'm opposed to it as well, simply because there is always someone willing to discount lower than you. Extrapolate that: eventually, there will be brokers willing to list for $1. Actually, there is a broker willing to list for zero dollars, so he can get buyers (and their listings when they have to sell). Discounting is not a good strategy, long-term.

Maybe I have to figure out a better fsbo presentation.

#422276 - 04/04/13 10:04 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mike365]
ramanda Offline

That has been my strategy as well Mike. And like you i got tired of going to see people's houses for nothing. Sorry to be so negative about fsbo's and expireds on the posts but i get so stressed out about them and it's mentally tiring. Expirds most of the time i can't even get a hold of. Either they have no phone number i can find or they don't answer the phone. The ones that do are getting slammed with calls and haven't been happy to hear from me.Have even spent lots of money on gas going to their houses and many times they won't even answer the door when it is obvious they are home. The ones that i have been able to talk to at the door were expired because they should never have been a listing in the first place - they were not motivated. I can't tell you how many times i have thought to myself that i never would have taken that listing in the first place. Desperate agents taking listings that never should have been. Fsbo's are getting bombarded with a ton of other agents also doing preview appts and trying to the get the listing so it's easy to get lost in the shuffle. It seems to be the occassional fsbo or expired that i can get for whatever reason. It feels like any i have gotten have been because of a timing fluke. Like maybe lots of other agents were on vacation around the time i got the listing or something... I can't consistently get business from them. Like Lucky says you see these people say they get an expired or a fsbo every week and you think how the heck is that possible? And in my market there are not even that many expirds or fsbo's. A handful a day at the most for each- there are more expireds on the last day of the month. With so many agents chasing that handful.

#422280 - 04/04/13 04:27 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: ramanda]
sualk54 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hamilton, ON
Finding the same thing with FSBO's and expireds- every agent in town is knocking on their doors...

so...

I'm taking a page out of Lucky's book and making plain cold calls, nobody else seems to be doing them, simple script:

"Hi, it's Klaus calling from Heritage Realty, we have a number of Buyers looking for homes in the "x" area...and I was just wondering...were you thinking of selling your home"

So, today from 10-12 I manually dialed 58 numbers that I downloaded from Telelisting, had a couple of distractions and smoke breaks but I still got hold of 28 people- it's an older area and one lady has been in the house since 1955!

Got 3 "come look at my house and see what you think" appointments for homes assessed between $364 and $845. Normally these would be low quality but they all said they HAVE to move in the next 6-12 months.

#422282 - 04/04/13 04:51 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
stoic_salesman Offline

Loc: toronto
I have tried fsbo's. Too many people trying to list them. A co-worker says that if you preview 10 fsbo's and keep in touch then you will close 1. Does that sound right?

#422283 - 04/04/13 07:31 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Steely Dan Offline

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario CANADA
Hi Lucky and others:

I wanted to get your feedback on the MFO mini-retreats. Is it as good as their Salestalk and Productivity seminars? I've only attended one of their seminars so far (Salestalk), I thought it was quite helpful. I was wondering if the mini-retreat is worth the investment in time and money. I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

Edited by Steely Dan (04/04/13 07:47 PM)

#422288 - 04/04/13 10:41 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Steely Dan]
sualk54 Offline
Veteran Member

They are having one downtown TO in a couple of weeks, it won't be as good as the one in Vegas but you should go, totally different format, lots of energy

#422293 - 04/05/13 12:32 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: sualk54]
sualk54 Offline
Veteran Member

83 dials in 2.5 hours, 35 contacts

One guy, on the DNCL, said "seriously?", we actually had a nice conversation, he was impressed that somebody would actually try to find a Buyer a house

Psycho BE-ach, not on the DNCL called back to see what I wanted, started swearing at me, I hung up and she called back again to leave a message to call her back or she'll call the cops!

Next...

#422359 - 04/07/13 12:31 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
stoic_salesman Offline

Loc: toronto
An important insight into achieving success when we know what steps to take but never follow through. The 'Break-Through' is what makes you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImIuAvkUMo

#422422 - 04/08/13 07:12 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Fast_Agent Offline

Loc: USA
Just upgraded from ACE MOJO to the Web interface.

New system allows me to manipulate my contacts a lot better for DNC purposes.

Back to 100 contacts a day tomorrow!

Page 228 of 894 < 1 2 ... 226 227 228 229 230 ... 893 894 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
esedndwi, Regis, Adrian75K, Semi, Breezy LL
31035 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (koshy, 1 invisible), 104 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Z06Fanatic 20
Lucky Leonardo 15
CathCoy 13
realestategreat 13
T.T. 12
OahuAgent 10
RATKOS 7
Long Walk 6
Semi 6