Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29064535
No new orders today 13227212
Stupid MLS comments. 3518398
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1329572
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1164377
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1116820
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 904166
Let's talk about our cars 752342
Most common items found at an REO 679616
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 666364
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 662200
REOTRANS 507600
Main Street 490561
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 450103
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 386469
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 364543
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285054
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#412970 - 09/18/12 04:22 PM Small Brokerage: Website Assistance
UpstateNY Ryan Offline

Loc: NY, USA
Hi Everyone.

I am an agent at a small family owned brokerage in NY. We have around 6 agents, and do pretty well for a small community. My broker has tasked me with creating a website for us, that can generate leads, and give us a good web presence but putting our listings somewhere else that isn't MLS.

I have used Wordpress in the past for a small blog i used to do, but never for anything on this scale. I understand there are themes, and you can host wordpress online or via your own computer but not sure how to install wordpress to my own machine etc.

What is our best option? We don't have a huge budget, but would like our web presence better. I could figure out how to manage listings, input information etc to the site.. its the bones I don't know how to construct per se.

Any help is appreciated.

Advertisements
#413039 - 09/19/12 03:17 PM Re: Small Brokerage: Website Assistance [Re: UpstateNY Ryan]
ducourtier Offline

Loc: Gatineau, Quebec
Hi Ryan,

Wordpress offers great themes and templates that can really improve your ROI and Real estate presents online.

Wordpress has a lot of friendly SEO features on it and yes of course blogging with it also helps - organically websites built with wordpress are dynamic and match on: mobile, tablet and PC devices.

I've set my website up using Joomla and i do the SEO for my website myself. I always preferred working with a CMS (Content management system) rather than a static HTML type page.

If you're interested in talking a bit more we can shoot some PM's to each other.

Otherwise I hope what I said can guide you in the right direction.

#413090 - 09/20/12 11:19 AM Re: Small Brokerage: Website Assistance [Re: UpstateNY Ryan]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Your best bet is to set up a static website and if you want to blog add a blog to the website. Blogs have a shelf life and static websites do not.

#413100 - 09/20/12 03:30 PM Re: Small Brokerage: Website Assistance [Re: UpstateNY Ryan]
UpstateNY Ryan Offline

Loc: NY, USA
Thank you both for the replies, ducourtier I will reach out to you. Thanks again

#413985 - 10/07/12 07:23 AM Re: Small Brokerage: Website Assistance [Re: UpstateNY Ryan]
realwebs Offline

Loc: USA
Ryan, send me an email. I am a web developer and a search engine optimization expert. I would like to help free of charge. I understand you want to know why I want to help without charging money.

I am not a new webmaster, but new in real estate. I want to get in touch with real estate folks.

#414036 - 10/08/12 12:54 AM Re: Small Brokerage: Website Assistance [Re: UpstateNY Ryan]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Your broker has 'tasked' you with this job?

I certainly hope your broker is paying you (via a written and fully executed agreement) unless you're an employee there.

#414150 - 10/09/12 11:32 PM Re: Small Brokerage: Website Assistance [Re: UpstateNY Ryan]
namebutler Offline

Loc: Canada
Do not worry about the "power" of Wordpress. Its used by my large companies and websites that generate thousands of pageviews everyday. Wordpress is excellent to set up a real estate based website. Its not just for blogging it can be used as a Content Management System (CMS).

Also do not overpay to host your website. You should never pay for more than 12 months just to get "a deal". There are hosting companies that don't charge very much (under $5 per month) that will be fine for you.

If you have more questions just post them.

#422167 - 04/01/13 01:13 AM Re: Small Brokerage: Website Assistance [Re: UpstateNY Ryan]
Listing Scout Offline

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Hi Ryan,

Have you considered a hosted service? There are plenty of reasons why you would want to do such a thing, especially if you're not sure where to start with creating your own site.

Listing Scout allows your agents to customize their pages, without ever touching code. The SEO we offer, and social media integration really helps spread the word about your properties!

If you'd like to try it out, sign up on the site (https://listingscout.com) using promo code TRYME for a free month.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
ashively, Brad Hanks, BayareaRE, Melvin Good, moreliferealty
30956 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 7
Z06Fanatic 6
Bigtoe 5
CountryBoyNC 5
Rocky 4
BayareaRE 4
Trouble 3
realestategreat 3
Lucky Leonardo 3