Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29369318
No new orders today 13263550
Stupid MLS comments. 3547462
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1347497
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1191610
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1131514
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 915219
Let's talk about our cars 769046
Most common items found at an REO 694732
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 680514
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 670266
REOTRANS 516707
Main Street 504846
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 457449
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 392537
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 370713
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285057
Mainstreet 261863
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#421785 - 03/18/13 04:23 PM What and When to Post on Facebook
TonyGarciaLoans Offline

Loc: US
Facebook has completely changed the world of marketing, and probably for the better. For customers, it has made businesses more accessible and personal. An example of a company who knows how to effectively incorporate social media is Nordstrom. Not only do they post and caption great merchandise pictures that go viral, but they respond to their customers' comments! They treat the comment thread of that picture as a customer service forum. A lot of businesses are also responding to tweets from customers, whether good or bad, as a way to keep customers happy and engaged.

So, how does this translate in the realm of Realtors?

Know Your Audience
It might be beneficial to organize your "friends" into groups so you can better understand this. If you used to work in a certain profession prior to being a Realtor, then many contacts might be former colleagues in that (or a related) field. However, it's also very likely that your audience covers a broad spectrum, making it impossible to organize - and that's fine too. But either way, have some idea of who you're talking to. This will help you better predict what they will respond to.

Know What to Post
Market updates are great if you're marketing to real estate professionals. But if you're marketing to non-Realtors, diversify your posts to include things outside of real estate. Example: if you see something that makes you laugh or smile, chances are it will make your friends laugh or smile too. So share it.

Don't ask people to visit your website or contact you if they want to purchase a home, just share it to get yourself out there and in front of your audience.

*Why?

For starters, as more people comment and "like" your posts, Facebook will start treating your posts with higher priority. That way when you do post a picture of a home you just listed, more people will see it because the Facebook algorithm will have determined that posts from you engage interaction - and the Facebook algorithm likes interaction.

Another reason - subtlety. Don't be pushy or annoying; be pleasant and interesting. People will, over time, gravitate towards you and want to work with you.

*Caution: Do not clog the newsfeed.

Personally, I find it so annoying when I see a stream of 10 posts from the same person. In all honestly, this is more a flaw in the algorithm than anything, but regardless it's something you need to be conscious of. Go into your privacy settings and know which of your activities people will see.

Will they see it when you "like" something? When you comment on a public post? When you post or like on Pinterest? Are your tweets syndicating to Facebook?

If you're not careful, you will turn your friends' newsfeeds into a dumpsite of irritating syndication and shares.

Know When to Post
If you Google "best times to post on Facebook" you will find a plethora of "studies", "data", etc. - many of which may very contradict one another or be so deeply dissected that it makes it impossible to apply to your situation. So, here's the answer:

*Use common sense.

We all know Mondays are the most hated day of the week, so if you post something on that day, you might want to steer away from posting too early in the morning. I've read some "studies" that say posting on weekends gets a lot of interaction....not with my friends! So here's a trick I've discovered. Ready? It's fool proof.

Check to see how many people are signed in on your chat bar, and switch your newsfeed to "most recent".

That is, hands down, the best way to know how many of your friends are on Facebook at any given time. One thing to keep in mind - if you're including a call to action, more people online does not necessarily mean more clicks. You have to keep in mind the environment your friends are in. Are they at work? A lot of employers have begun adding Facebook to their list of restricted sites, which means people are probably using their phones to log on. If so, this presents another issue: is the site you're sending them to mobile friendly? Is someone at work really going to have time to perform the action you're requesting? Again, just use common sense. Sometimes those types are posts are better left for later in the evening, after dinner time.

Hopefully this information helps you make better decisions when posting valuable and interesting content on Facebook. As always, feel free to share any personal experiences or success stories of your own. Your feedback is always welcome!

Thanks for tuning in and I wish your business tremendous success!

*A little bit about me, Tony Garcia:
I'm committed to client satisfaction, and it drives me to work diligently on every loan. But my dedication is only part of the story. With over 12 years of mortgage experience and a thorough knowledge of the industry, I can customize the perfect loan for clients, while getting them to closing on time. Whether you're referring a client or you're a homebuyer, I'm confident you'll appreciate what I can do for you. With a wide range of loans and a variety of terms, I'm well prepared to handle everything from complex financial situations to larger loan sizes. I'll always be available to answer questions throughout the mortgage process from beginning to end. So let's start today!

Email me at tonygarcialoans@gmail.com or call me directly at 571.246.4373.

Advertisements
#421809 - 03/18/13 11:43 PM Re: What and When to Post on Facebook [Re: TonyGarciaLoans]
Scintillion Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Lots of great ideas and information, Tony. Facebook has certainly changed a lot in 2013 - and has really evolved over the years since its inception.

#421819 - 03/18/13 11:55 PM Re: What and When to Post on Facebook [Re: TonyGarciaLoans]
Malok Offline

Loc: Kentucky - in a barn!
I always like to take the position of: you are running for public office. If you treat posting in this manner, you are less likely to get yourself into trouble. smile

#421828 - 03/19/13 02:15 AM Re: What and When to Post on Facebook [Re: Malok]
TonyGarciaLoans Offline

Loc: US
Malok, that's a great attitude!

#421887 - 03/20/13 04:29 PM Re: What and When to Post on Facebook [Re: TonyGarciaLoans]
Musa Opondo Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks for sharing,This is very valuable information, i especially agree with having less technical information because we rarely market to professionals only.

#423334 - 05/05/13 08:25 AM Re: What and When to Post on Facebook [Re: TonyGarciaLoans]
kate william Offline

It is really great information.

#427705 - 08/29/13 12:25 AM Re: What and When to Post on Facebook [Re: TonyGarciaLoans]
Becca Summers Offline

Loc: Utah, USA
Just what I needed to know, I believe that people just need to remember your an agent. Then when they are ready they can remember you. I'm just trying to get my name out to people then remind them every so often and I think FB is the best way to do that

#427727 - 08/29/13 05:43 PM Re: What and When to Post on Facebook [Re: TonyGarciaLoans]
Eric Estate Offline

Loc: Austin
This is one of the best explanations I've ever seen for the best way for Realtors to use Facebook.
I have nothing to add, except posts with photos get more likes and shares than text posts.
Thank you!

#429443 - 10/17/13 09:58 AM Re: What and When to Post on Facebook [Re: TonyGarciaLoans]
Dave Kovaleski Offline

Loc: Poconos of Pa
Ugh, guess its time to dust off my Facebook skills and get back at it....
Hideout Homes
Hideout Real Estate

#429999 - 11/06/13 08:59 AM Re: What and When to Post on Facebook [Re: TonyGarciaLoans]
KevinBackBay Offline

Loc: New York
The way that we instruct our realtors to use Facebook is to HUMANIZE the geo-location.

Tell everyone who the best dry cleaner is and why.

Where is the best pizza?

Which schools are best for what ages and why.

Show that you know your area like no other broker so that your Facebook feed becomes a value add on that no one else is willing to provide.

Kevin

#433998 - 03/14/14 11:06 AM Re: What and When to Post on Facebook [Re: TonyGarciaLoans]
OttawaRealtor Offline

Loc: Ottawa ON
Great post Tony, Just remember that nothing drives traffic off facebook to your website as cheap as facebook advertising.

Post for social recognition and brand awareness, advertises for conversions.

#434448 - 03/22/14 12:47 AM Re: What and When to Post on Facebook [Re: TonyGarciaLoans]
PropertyVentures Offline

Loc: Vagabonding
Be aware that FB has changed the rules so that only a select few of your followers can see your content without you paying for extra promotion.

FB is good, but I would suggest getting people to convert to email subscribers as soon as you can.

#435223 - 04/14/14 06:56 AM Re: What and When to Post on Facebook [Re: PropertyVentures]
MOMO Offline

OK I'm probably the minority here but I NEVER plug any of my listings or talk about Real Estate on Facebook unless asked. What I do is post lots of interesting photos while I am out. I live on a large lake so there are always lake, boat, thunderstorms, sunsets, eagles, docks, great views, and huge homes to share photos of.
I get lots of comments/messages and everyone can see I'm a Realtor just by my information.
I can't count the times that I have been showing new customers homes and they comment "I saw your pictures on FB the other day"...the non aggressive approach seems to work for me.

#435443 - 04/21/14 01:03 PM Re: What and When to Post on Facebook [Re: TonyGarciaLoans]
Vishal Desai Offline

Loc: Texas
good time to post on facebook is early morning between 8 to 10 and in the evening between 5 to 8 pm.

#435486 - 04/22/14 08:44 PM Re: What and When to Post on Facebook [Re: Vishal Desai]
DerekCole Offline

Loc: Melbourne, FL
Has any one had luck with lead capture websites via FB?

Edited by DerekCole (04/22/14 08:44 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Malvin, Promptbpo, GoomesNYC, Christa Elrod, JTS808
31136 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Matched Content
Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 16
Lucky Leonardo 14
Trouble 12
Z06Fanatic 11
AnonymousWriter 3
HChomat 3
Bigtoe 3
TonywithAM 3
MartinH 2