Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29063231
No new orders today 13227062
Stupid MLS comments. 3518337
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1329505
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1164343
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1116793
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 904134
Let's talk about our cars 752307
Most common items found at an REO 679590
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 666342
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 662197
REOTRANS 507593
Main Street 490523
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 450087
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 386460
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 364540
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285054
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 38 of 41 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#418415 - 01/16/13 12:18 AM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA ***** [Re: jschiller]
johnnyloans Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Los Angeles ,CA
He does have a website now.
Greater Los Angeles Area
www.PalmdaleRealestate.biz
Have Car Will Travel
For Those That Google JohnnyJamesBroker@gmail.com

Advertisements
#419174 - 01/27/13 10:39 PM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: carl1234]
HAyala Offline

Loc: CA, USA
Hello All,
I was reading through this thread as well as a few others. I ran across posts about Froy Candelario. Just wanted to say although I'm NO expert when it comes to him or his business but this is what I remember after spending the day with him.

The schedule posted previously is pretty much the same 6AM until about 8AM he'll drop a flyer or speak to whom ever is home and answers the door. From about 8AM until 3-3:30 he actually "knocks on" the door. He announces his presence before even getting to the door. As he's walking up the walk way. "Hello this is Froy... Hello" and it's pretty loud but not overbearing. When he gets to the door most of the time whom ever is home is already at the door waiting for him because of the announcement. He does his script and hands them a business card. If the person is an appointment (not a lead), on the back of his card is a schedule Mon - Fri. with a date and time, very similar to a doctor or dentist office. At the bottom it has in bold letter "Please be on time" (he does not follow up with them, they either show up or don't). He writes the appointment in his appointment book with the address. It may be different now since there are many great phones that have apps for schedules. He does take a lunch from 12-1 then back to the door until 3-3:30. He knocked on about 70-85 doors per hour and made about 15-20 actual contacts per hour. I believe he scheduled 4 or 5 appointments that day from door knocking he mentioned to me that about 1/2 show up.

I think it's important to note he walked very fast and always took the shortest possible route. Even when it meant going through a bush or across the lawn from one lawn. Also the flyer left behind was basic, a flat color in this case if was a very light green with black and white printing. It had his picture his telephone number the home he just listed or sold on one side and on the back it was a list of his listings just an address, bedrooms baths square footage and price. He only handed business cards to contacts and only wrote on the back of the card for an appointment.(He didn't take down information for "leads" only for appointments. From there we drove back to his office and he started cold calling straight out of a list from title company (again this was a few years back before there were any issues about title doing extras) again the script was the basic mike ferry script just listed or just sold. If he scheduled an appointment he placed them on hold and his wife picked up and did the scheduling.

He would have all of his appointments in his office (buyer and or seller) and would stop calling once they have come in and he sat with them for about 5 minutes to take the listing of not. He mentioned that he would take about 1/2 of the appointments that came in. Once the appointment was over with, he was back on the phone. I remember he had 2 appointments come in that day. 1 buyer 1 seller. I think the seller had been there before because it was very quick. The buyer appointment was a bit longer than 5 minutes. He asked them what payment they felt comfortable with and went down the list of his listings. He gave the buyer a purchase agreement and sent them on their way to go see the homes on the list and asked the buyer to call him from the home they wanted to purchase. (I asked why) he said so that he can tell them what to fill out and sign and and either leave behind for the seller to sign or have the seller sign there and then. He continued until 7pm when I left. Pretty unbelievable. Once a home is negotiated, his wife opened escrow and the escrow office and or lender had to do all the follow up and report to his staff, which consisted of his wife as an assistant/ office manager, a receptionist and at the time 1 other agent who did the same thing he did on a daily basis but had his own production and numbers and was on a 50/50 split with him (again the agents production numbers were not counted as Froy's). That was the day nothing extraordinary just consistent work from start to finish. During the door knock i'd say he "knocked on" about 500-550 doors from 8 to 3:30 and made about 120 contacts and set 4 appointments if I remember correctly. He made many dials (i'd say at least 100 per hour while at the office) and contacted many more folks from 3:30, 3:45 to 7:30 (maybe 25-30 per hour.) He had 2 appointments come in but neither was from the appointments set earlier in the day. I believe he still allows for agents to shadow him throughout the day. I have to say it was an awesome day believe it or not, I did go home tired though!

#419778 - 02/07/13 03:11 AM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: HAyala]
johnnyloans Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Los Angeles ,CA
why are all 5 of your posts Froy posts?
Greater Los Angeles Area
www.PalmdaleRealestate.biz
Have Car Will Travel
For Those That Google JohnnyJamesBroker@gmail.com

#419809 - 02/07/13 04:37 PM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: carl1234]
Doin' bpose Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Old Dominion
He's real. I liked his FB page. His and Captain Tuttle's. Both of them walk fast.

#419821 - 02/07/13 06:49 PM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: carl1234]
niche Offline

Loc: Southern California
The thread that never dies...

Epic Froy!

#419829 - 02/07/13 10:26 PM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: HAyala]
Okeydoka Offline

Loc: USA
Regarding HAyala's most recent post about Froy.

BULL 100% bullcrap. Bull, bull, and more bull. Did I mention that this is bull?

Edited by Okeydoka (02/07/13 10:27 PM)

#419842 - 02/08/13 01:43 AM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: carl1234]
broker Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cary, NC
OMG. Perhaps Froy can talk to Bernanke and sell him on the fact that he needs to stop printing. This would be after he sold a house that morning and sometime before lunch. Froy should be able to do that no problem.

#420171 - 02/13/13 10:47 PM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: broker]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: broker
OMG. Perhaps Froy can talk to Bernanke and sell him on the fact that he needs to stop printing. This would be after he sold a house that morning and sometime before lunch. Froy should be able to do that no problem.

I'm Canadian. What's this printing all about? Who gets all the printed money? Do they borrow it? Does someone get it for free? Where does it go?

I understand it computer generated but what is it used for? Is it to pay your bills so its simply more borrowed money?

#421299 - 03/08/13 07:10 PM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: Okeydoka]
HAyala Offline

LOL So sorry you don't believe me or the post. I don't know what else to say. Again this was back in '94-'95 when I went out there. I've never been able to replicate it myself but that is what happened that day...

#421300 - 03/08/13 07:18 PM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: johnnyloans]
HAyala Offline

[quote=johnnyloans]why are all 5 of your posts Froy posts? [/quote]

I honestly didn't realize they were... I've asked questions to folks throughout this thread as well as the 100 contacts thread. They must have been direct to the person on the thread, but either way believe it or not it's up to the reader. This is what happened.

#422670 - 04/14/13 09:03 PM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: carl1234]
Joe Hayden Offline

Loc: Louisville, Kentucky
I'm concerned for this man's health... If real, this is far too much...

#425082 - 06/16/13 10:09 AM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: Doin' bpose]
niche Offline

Loc: Southern California
Let's revive this thread for the fun of it!

For those of you who wonder who he is. This is the real Froy:

http://froy-candelario.myrealestateplaza.com/

He's a real guy. I've met him and he's a nice person. I don't believe the hype about him, though.

#425098 - 06/17/13 10:11 AM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: carl1234]
Rainbowtyedye Offline

Loc: NJ
I was impressed with his "about me" section. He really is living The American Dream.

But the last 2 paragraphs befuddled me. Iacocca retired back in 1992, so why is he calling Detroit 3 times a week to try to get in touch with him? I'm not sure, but I think he's living in California now.

#430319 - 11/19/13 03:56 AM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: carl1234]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: LA California
Waking this thread from the dead.

I'm a new agent, and was intrigued by this folklore.
so I went on my MLS and looked Froy up by his license number and MLS ID. 58 of his listings showed up, 46 from this year.

What is clear is that my MLS is not complete, and only goes back 2 years, so all of froy's listings are not there.

Most of froy's listings are short sales ranging from $100k-300k. All considered low value crap houses here in socal, and they are all over the place. He takes listings from everywhere within a 50 mile radius.

Most of the listings changed to Pending within 2 days. He sells em quick.

#430432 - 11/22/13 05:48 PM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: carl1234]
Torrey Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
gitmonee,
I was on Froy's team in the late 1990's when his office was on Parthenia with his wife. I can answer any questions you may have. I have a unique perspective, unlike other member's on this thread, I was able to be along side Froy on a daily basis and see inside the machine in detail. Most, on this forum, are trying to figure out his systems and some have even gone on one day shadowing trips. (Going on One day shadowing trips only gives you a small look at the entire system, obviously) But I was on his team for almost 6 months.

I've been reluctant to post here, because I can see all of the blowback people were receiving from other members that accuse them of lieing or being gullible. I can tell you that most of the stuff on here is pretty accurate as far as how he tries to follow his schedule. Just to set the record straight. His Closed Transactions numbers are all a FACADE. Sorry to break it to all you Believers. I think Mike Ferry also believed his production numbers at that time. The members on here that believe that Mike Ferry somehow orchestrated this whole story to sell more tix or coaching are completely misguided. At that time there was no Internet so Froy could say his production was anything he wanted and it was impossible to get the entire truth. Did Mike Ferry believe him and use this to show his system of selling real estate worked. Of course he did. Did Froy perpetuate this lie so that 100's of realtors would pay to shadow him. Sadly Yes. He even went as far as to say that he was rich enough and that all the shadowing money was going to be donated to children in Mexico because he didn't need the money. Sadly, Froy studied the MFO system, grossly exagerated his numbers and was regimentaly on schedule only when people would pay and shadow him.
Now with the stats available easily, Froy was exposed to MF and last I heard he got banned from MFO. If you want I'm sure you can ask Mike ferry at his next retreat about Froy and he'll tell you straight he's a fraud. Think about it, he had 100's of other student's like Valerie Fitzgerald, Walter Sanford, Monica Reynolds, Neil Weichel, Neil Schwartz, Tim Wood, Tony Dicello, Andrew Lacey, Irma Adams, Greg Harrelson, Jeff Quintin, Karen Bernardi, Joan Pate etc. Who were all successful following the the MFO system legitimately.

For other proof heres Froy's numbers

http://www.listingpointrealty.com/realtor/froylan-candelario-real-estate-agent-sold-listings-F207058102

11 closed deals in the last 12 months and nothing has closed in the last 5 months. What you were refering to is his 31 pendings. Normally his deals never close. Froy tries to double end all his deals and has a list of Investors that he tries to double end his listings. Froy writes his investor offers at 20%below fair market because he wants to flip the home again to an end buyer.(He wants enough for his commissions and net the investor a nominal percent) So Listings-Investor-Investor-Buyers, 4 commissions from one deal. Pretty ingenius system if it works. The problem is these are all short sales and they will need bank approval on the price. So he'll write an offer at 20% below BPO and the deal will never get through. Most banks will rarely go more than 15% below FMV. Sometimes they will but that's the rare exception. Anyways the truth is his closed deals is 11 sales for 12 months. Not 1000 sales. You can disregard his pendings cause they won't close. He puts pending after 2 days because it's his own investor offer he has negotiating with the bank and he doesn't want outside agents bringing the buyer.

Another trick he used was completely illegal. He would lie to the short sale seller that he had investors that would buy their property and rent it back to them and then when they could qualify for a loan the investor would sell it back to them. The whole time they could remain in the house. Completely illegal and after the owners signed to short sell they would be kicked out when the home was sold. That was his main pitch to short sale sellers to get them to sign.

Back in the day he would ask standard sellers if they would accept an offer from him to sell their house. The offer was a low ball investor offer and most sellers would obviously not take it. Then he would try and list the home if they didn't agree to his low ball offer. Now he had the listing, he would not expose it on the mls and would tell the seller that the best offer he could bring them was the low ball investor offer again. At the same time he would be looking for an end buyer to buy it from the investor.

Obviously, If you do not believe me, I heard Froy works for KW now, I suggest you go to KW in the valley and ask to be on his team, and verify everything I'm saying. Im sure he will take you on his team. Why do I know he'll take you on his team. Because Froy will try to exploit anyone he comes in contact with. If he can control you and use you he will. If you will prospect for him or go on runs for him and get contracts signed he will gladly take you on because he is Dead Poor. He has no Car or Drivers License. So he might ask you to drive him around or maybe even live with you. Honestly. I can't make this stuff up. I am suggest any doubters go and be on his team or ask Mike Ferry yourself . He always had these crazy stories of how his Rolls Royce was in his house in Callabasas or Beverly Hills. (He lives in a small house in the Valley, and doesnt have a house in Beverly Hills)

He'll more then likely be trying to do the same scam he's always done. You'll see him with his FAKE Rolex, Yes, it's 100% Fake. Any Novice will know it's fake. He is Very charming as most Narcissists are but you will see very little production working with him. When I was with him he seemed poor all the time. And he would say he gave all his money away to needy children because he doesn't care about himself and having money. Then why wear a fake Rolex and have MontBlanc Pens in your pocket and have a picture of a Rolls Royce on your Business Card? Because you don't care about money and looking flashy? BTW the Rolls Royce pic was taken at a Dealership.

Another Website that details Froy's methods are found at
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-818-892-9314

The information here is interesting because it's written by alot of consumers.

I will answer any questions you have, I will ignore all posts that call me out as a liar. I have no time for that and as I said earlier, I suggest you verify all my claims by asking Mike Ferry or looking at his closed MLS numbers or actually be on his team yourself.

Chris

Page 38 of 41 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Brad Hanks, BayareaRE, Melvin Good, moreliferealty, Jim1978
30955 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (Brad Hanks, BayareaRE, Mr. Clean, HChomat), 74 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 7
Z06Fanatic 6
CountryBoyNC 5
Bigtoe 4
Rocky 4
BayareaRE 4
Lucky Leonardo 3
T.T. 3
sunnyshores 3