Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28987762
No new orders today 13215382
Stupid MLS comments. 3508646
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1321930
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1158143
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1113028
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 899104
Let's talk about our cars 747293
Most common items found at an REO 675533
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 662603
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 659146
REOTRANS 504682
Main Street 484604
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 447168
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 384382
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 362447
Evalonline 300214
Land America 285054
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#420968 - 03/02/13 02:17 AM Can I access MLS data in other areas??
Kia Offline

Loc: Southern California (SouthEast...
hi, when I become an agent, can I only access the MLS data in my local area? Or could I also access Las Vegas, Phoenix, etc.?

Advertisements
#420988 - 03/02/13 02:49 PM Re: Can I access MLS data in other areas?? [Re: Kia]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
You can "ACCESS" much of the data now: without being an Agent; without being a Licensee; without being a REALTORŪ . . . . just by going to realtor.com.

But the MLS is about much more than simple "ACCESS". You have to remember the MLS is actually a contractual relationship between and among its subscribers, created primarily for the purpose of facilitating co-brokering and secondly for serving the General Public.

When you join your local MLS, you are making an implicit offer to cooperate with the other subscribers in co-brokering your listings, and they are agreeing to co-operate with you on theirs.

To join another area's MLS, you would have to pay their Subscription Fees AND agree to be bound by their rules. Some MLS Organizations have quite an "open door" policy and welcome new members from outside their territory (it's easy revenue); while others have very restrictive policies, admission isn't automatic at all. Often, any prior ethics or rules violation in any MLS can greatly hinder your being admitted to another. It's always best to keep your nose clean and run a clean shop. Getting a bad reputation among your Competitors is the "kiss of death" in this business.

To obtain that level of co-operation on listings which are not in your own MLS, you would have to actually join the other MLS where the Listing is being handled . . . . or enter into a separate agreement with the specific individual Listing Agent to Co-operate in marketing and selling the Listing involved. Sometimes, if we trust a certain Broker, we can construct "blanket" agreements so that a new Contract isn't required for each new Listing that we may be interested in, and the blanket may apply to everything that an Agency has Listed.

If it's just an occasional listing that you might have a Customer or Client for; then it's usually best to just seek out the individual Broker and enter a single Co-operation Agreement on that one Listing, for a set time period, and for a defined "potential" Commission.

You can use realtor.com to identify the inventory which is available in a foreign area; but merely knowing about it doesn't give you any right to make money on what you see there until you have some kind of agreement in place to co-operate on the selling and, of course, the sharing of Commissions. Without that last part, you're just like any other member of the General Public; nothing more.

#420993 - 03/02/13 03:57 PM Re: Can I access MLS data in other areas?? [Re: Kia]
Kia Offline

Loc: Southern California (SouthEast...
Thanks; I should have mentioned that I'm also an investor. having access, with export permissions, to out of area MLS greatly helps me to get a list of cash solds, expired's etc the values for various investment analyses.

#421003 - 03/02/13 07:39 PM Re: Can I access MLS data in other areas?? [Re: Kia]
johnnyloans Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Los Angeles ,CA
If you are a Realtor try Realtor Property Resource for data in different areas.
Greater Los Angeles Area
www.PalmdaleRealestate.biz
Have Car Will Travel
For Those That Google JohnnyJamesBroker@gmail.com

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
REOHomie, JenniferVillalba, kumarbuilders, andr3s017, joanna omile
30919 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Desert Vas, Trouble), 49 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 22
realestategreat 13
ManhattanMiami 13
Bigtoe 12
Trouble 12
Z06Fanatic 10
Chris Goerge 9
Snap Up 8
JessicaHawthorne 5