Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28881955
No new orders today 13185806
Stupid MLS comments. 3488611
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1308902
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1150804
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1105224
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 892154
Let's talk about our cars 740700
Most common items found at an REO 669981
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 656524
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 653050
REOTRANS 499142
Main Street 477082
EML 459241
asset val seminar in colorado 443425
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 381825
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 359808
Evalonline 300214
Land America 285054
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#419594 - 02/04/13 01:34 PM Help A plumber...
Matt The Plumber Offline

Loc: El Dorado County, CA
Hello everybody! My name is Matt, I’m a plumbing contractor in Placerville, CA. Thanks in advance for any feedback…
The reason I’m posting on here is I’m hoping you guys might help me come up with ideas on how to solicit and build relationships with my local realtors. I was hoping you might share any experiences you’ve had with tradesman you’ve been impressed with. Any bright ideas you’ve seen I might be able to use to help me get my foot in the door.
I’m also looking for ideas on how to serve you guys better once I get you calling me. You know, why do you call the guys you call over and over again??? Why do you stop calling others? What are the patterns you see?
Please feel free to tell me about your frustrations with tradesmen you’ve worked with too…
Or if you’ve ever found yourself thinking anything like “I just wish he’d do this or that”??? Would you share those thought with me….
If I walked into your office and introduced myself, what kinds of thoughts would be running through your mind about me? What kinds of questions or fears should I be addressing?
You get the general idea of what I’m looking for. Please add in anything I’m not thinking of you think is worth mentioning too…
Please don’t pull any punches… Be brutally honest. Remember I just stepped into your world, and you’ll most likely never meet me. So please let me have it.
My ego is in check, and I can take it. I need to understand your industry from a sincere perspective if I’m going to be successful working with you…
Thanks for any help, Matt….

Advertisements
#419595 - 02/04/13 02:06 PM Re: Help A plumber... [Re: Matt The Plumber]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
There are exceptions to everything; but in general, Real Estate Agents don't hire Plumbers, or other Journeymen. We typically just recommend, or solicit bids, on behalf of Clients, or the actual Owners of the properties that we're servicing.

Fo example, within the last three months, I've only had one Client who required emergency plumbing services when his house completely froze up due to a leaking dishwasher . . . . and they immediately turned to the Plumbing and Heating Company that supplies propane to the residence. They never sought out a recommendation from me.

Once someone has a relationship with any professional, we don't interfere . . . . . or try to displace that Party. It's theirs to lose.

#419603 - 02/04/13 04:03 PM Re: Help A plumber... [Re: Matt The Plumber]
MHT Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
To be honest, around here tradespeople are so busy that if they were to have to walk in to my office to try to get business, I would think they aren't likely someone that I would want to be referring clients to. I usually tell people to be careful of contractors who can get to a job right away or trades who aren't busy because they are typically backlogged with work.

#419644 - 02/05/13 12:45 AM Re: Help A plumber... [Re: Vermont]
Scintillion Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Originally Posted By: Vermont
There are exceptions to everything; but in general, Real Estate Agents don't hire Plumbers, or other Journeymen. We typically just recommend, or solicit bids, on behalf of Clients, or the actual Owners of the properties that we're servicing.

Fo example, within the last three months, I've only had one Client who required emergency plumbing services when his house completely froze up due to a leaking dishwasher . . . . and they immediately turned to the Plumbing and Heating Company that supplies propane to the residence. They never sought out a recommendation from me.

Once someone has a relationship with any professional, we don't interfere . . . . . or try to displace that Party. It's theirs to lose.

Excellent advice. Would probably help the plumber or other journeymen if they have some great word-of-mouth recommendations as well.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Myrsatech, Joyti Sharma, jamem, johnpatrick, Chris_Hendricks
30817 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (Long Walk, estatereal, RonnieEmz, Chris_Hendricks), 62 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 26
Trouble 17
Z06Fanatic 11
Dan M Lee 9
RonnieEmz 8
OahuAgent 7
estatereal 7
FlyHigh 7
Lisa Anne 6