Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29290489
No new orders today 13255185
Stupid MLS comments. 3540405
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1343263
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1186406
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1128725
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 912442
Let's talk about our cars 765252
Most common items found at an REO 692045
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 676590
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 668606
REOTRANS 514556
Main Street 501434
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 455829
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 391509
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 369060
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285057
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#408586 - 06/14/12 10:33 AM Craigslist/Craig Proctor Examples
ibsellin Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Guys,

I want to start deploying some Craig Proctor/Zurple/Tigerleads/Marketleader/etc. etc. tactics, but I want to try driving them to my site which already has idx on it.

Can someone point me to a really good craigslist ad which will have a higher lead capture rate?

I posted some generic ads that have a picture & price of the listing that linked to my site w/ the contact form and got some traffic but no bites... any suggestions?

Advertisements
#408592 - 06/14/12 02:03 PM Re: Craigslist/Craig Proctor Examples [Re: ibsellin]
Avoid The F Word Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: ibsellin
Hi Guys,

I want to start deploying some Craig Proctor/Zurple/Tigerleads/Marketleader/etc. etc. tactics, but I want to try driving them to my site which already has idx on it.

Can someone point me to a really good craigslist ad which will have a higher lead capture rate?

I posted some generic ads that have a picture & price of the listing that linked to my site w/ the contact form and got some traffic but no bites... any suggestions?
If you are giving them a picture and the price, why would they go to your site and fill out a registration form?

Try posting text only ads and drive them to your site where they have to register to see photos and/or price.

#408633 - 06/15/12 03:16 AM Re: Craigslist/Craig Proctor Examples [Re: ibsellin]
BpoBill Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: US
Does your idx allow them to see all the details of the home? The Market Leader site makes the person register once they look at the 2nd house. For this reason, I like to put

"11 foreclosures in **** Banks want them sold!

Underneath is the link to a page on my site with 11 properties, and they will need to register to view the details of the 2nd one.

My market covers a lot of cities, so I post ads like this for a bunch of different cities. However I change the title all the time so people wont start to flag my ads. Certain cities will yield better results. I always put a photo in every single one of my ads that is uploaded through Craigslist. The photo is usually my company logo with my website address underneath. Some people will only click on ad when they see the img sign on Craigslist.

"5 of the best deals in ****"

Cheapest home in *****

The bank should bulldoze these homes!

Every single foreclosure in ****** county!

I just make up stuff that catches peoples attention. I usually capitalize the word FORECLOSURE so it pops out.

I am running about 30-40 ads a day, but will probably hire someone to crank out a few hundred every day. I am already too swamped to handle the leads I have, so I am going to have to figure out a system to give or sell leads to other agents. I am getting 120+ prospects a week with Craigslist alone running/refreshing 30-40 ads a day. Those are people who have signed up on my site with their name and email/phone number. My better ads get about 30 click throughs.

#408695 - 06/16/12 03:10 AM Re: Craigslist/Craig Proctor Examples [Re: BpoBill]
NC Broker Offline

Originally Posted By: BpoBill
Does your idx allow them to see all the details of the home? The Market Leader site makes the person register once they look at the 2nd house. For this reason, I like to put

"11 foreclosures in **** Banks want them sold!

Underneath is the link to a page on my site with 11 properties, and they will need to register to view the details of the 2nd one.

My market covers a lot of cities, so I post ads like this for a bunch of different cities. However I change the title all the time so people wont start to flag my ads. Certain cities will yield better results. I always put a photo in every single one of my ads that is uploaded through Craigslist. The photo is usually my company logo with my website address underneath. Some people will only click on ad when they see the img sign on Craigslist.

"5 of the best deals in ****"

Cheapest home in *****

The bank should bulldoze these homes!

Every single foreclosure in ****** county!

I just make up stuff that catches peoples attention. I usually capitalize the word FORECLOSURE so it pops out.

I am running about 30-40 ads a day, but will probably hire someone to crank out a few hundred every day. I am already too swamped to handle the leads I have, so I am going to have to figure out a system to give or sell leads to other agents. I am getting 120+ prospects a week with Craigslist alone running/refreshing 30-40 ads a day. Those are people who have signed up on my site with their name and email/phone number. My better ads get about 30 click throughs.

^^^ been having the same problem. Too many leads. I have to give them out to other agents.

#408718 - 06/16/12 01:47 PM Re: Craigslist/Craig Proctor Examples [Re: NC Broker]
Avoid The F Word Offline

Loc: CA
Why not bring a buyers agent on to your team and keep the leads in-house?

Another idea would be to hire a VA to scrub the leads for you and monitor their activity. Craigslist leads have one of the lowest conversion ratios of all internet leads. You can let your VA deal with the junk leads while you focus on those most likely to convert.

#408742 - 06/17/12 01:42 PM Re: Craigslist/Craig Proctor Examples [Re: Avoid The F Word]
NC Broker Offline

Originally Posted By: Avoid The F Word
Why not bring a buyers agent on to your team and keep the leads in-house?

Another idea would be to hire a VA to scrub the leads for you and monitor their activity. Craigslist leads have one of the lowest conversion ratios of all internet leads. You can let your VA deal with the junk leads while you focus on those most likely to convert.

^^^^ This is the next step for me.

#408745 - 06/17/12 03:31 PM Re: Craigslist/Craig Proctor Examples [Re: Avoid The F Word]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: Avoid The F Word

Bingo!! Set them up on a drip of new listings until they are ready. I am closing an 850k on wednesday who received updates for 5 years before he made his move, referred a $225k out yesterday after a couple of years of updates, and on friday had a sell/buy from a seller who received my updates for three years, and he signed up as a buyer. Turns out sellers are on the web, we don't see them because they pretend to be buyers.

If you refer the leads to agents they will not give them enough time to ripen and it will be next to impossible to keep track given the time frame it will take to see most of these leads to closing. If you give leads to YOUR agent then you are just giving them a database to take with them when the next boom comes.

Only refer out the ripe ones when they are ready to pick and your plate is full. This way you can watch it close and get your money. I have about 6 agents in other companies who get these. No headaches for me and I get my share.

As for scrubbing the leads, let them clean themselves. Have your trusted VA, preferably from somewhere else put them all on the drip and see what happens. Of course, this is after you scrape the cream off for yourself.

#412206 - 09/04/12 04:07 PM Re: Craigslist/Craig Proctor Examples [Re: Bigtoe]
Realtor Al Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
What is a reasonable amount to charge for these 'ripe' leads? .5% of the selling price? It sounds like you only collect if the property goes to settlement. That seems sensible.

#412210 - 09/04/12 04:33 PM Re: Craigslist/Craig Proctor Examples [Re: Realtor Al]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Realtor Al
What is a reasonable amount to charge for these 'ripe' leads? .5% of the selling price? It sounds like you only collect if the property goes to settlement.

If the payment is contingent upon a "sale" being consummated, then it isn't a lead at all; it's a Referral . . . . and payment can only be made to another Licensee.

0.5% of the Sales Price is 1% of the side, or 1/3 of the typical Residential Commission, generated by either Listing or Selling the property . . . . which would make it a very substantial Referral Fee. So the lead you're talking about being "ripe" ought to have a whole lot of meat on the bones, and some follow-up support; it's NOT just a name and phone number like you'd find in the White Pages.

#413241 - 09/23/12 03:36 PM Re: Craigslist/Craig Proctor Examples [Re: Bigtoe]
I Love Short Sal Offline

Loc: Chandler, Az
That's a good idea! Do you have a VA company you use?

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Will1329, OpClassicGal, TonywithAM, EWcontractor, AnnyGraell
31077 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Venturepacific), 30 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Trouble 13
CathCoy 11
Long Walk 10
Lucky Leonardo 7
Bigtoe 7
Z06Fanatic 5
Mr. Clean 4
Admin 4
sualk54 3