Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29141973
No new orders today 13237082
Stupid MLS comments. 3527811
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1336405
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1173891
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1121164
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 908546
Let's talk about our cars 758335
Most common items found at an REO 684694
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 670475
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 665369
REOTRANS 510487
Main Street 496046
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 453315
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 388563
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 366832
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285056
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#412150 - 09/02/12 10:20 PM How do you do listing appointments?
REAddict Offline

Loc: Tempe, AZ
Right now, my method is to walk the family through the house first, then sit down and discuss my company, my marketing and a price. Recently, I've been talking to other agents who have all told me that they like to sit down first, then do a walkthrough, then come back to the table to talk price. What are you doing? What are your thoughts?

Advertisements
#412290 - 09/05/12 11:29 PM Re: How do you do listing appointments? [Re: REAddict]
Dodger52 Offline

Loc: Montana
I would try it both ways and do what works best for you. I do the walk through first, price second and than marketing, I don't talk about my company.

I figure that they wont believe my pricing if I haven't walked through the house first. I then go right into price, to me that's the hardest part of the presentation so I want to get it out of the way as soon as possible. I finish with marketing because that's the part I want them to remember. My marketing program is aggressive, and detailed so I stand out when comparing to the other agents they may talk too.

This method works for me, but we are all different, so keep changing things around until you find what works for you.
www.facebook.com/MissionValleyMTHomes

#412427 - 09/10/12 01:19 AM Re: How do you do listing appointments? [Re: REAddict]
REAddict Offline

Thanks Dodger. The other agents I spoke with don't give price without the walkthrough, they just site first, then do the walkthrough, then sit down again to discuss price. To me, this seems forced.

You mention that your marketing is unique. Since we are in different markets, do you mind me asking what it is you do (or say you do) that is so different? You can PM me if you like.

#412459 - 09/10/12 05:28 PM Re: How do you do listing appointments? [Re: REAddict]
Dodger52 Offline

Loc: Montana
REAddict,

The most unique part of my marketing is that I spell out what I am going to do, when I am going to do it, and then I do it. Most agents that I have met, are not organized enough to make this kind of commitment. Keeping a seller happy with your service really just comes down to action and communication.

The Seller gets a marketing plan designed to sell his particular home. My market is rural, and most homes do not fit into the cookie cutter format. Recreational properties get one plan, Horse properties get another, etc. Basically the components are the same between all of them, then I add in specific websites, publications etc.

To another agent, and a seller my marketing plan looks expensive and like a lot of work, so I eliminate all but the best competition. I probably do spend a little more time and money than most, but not much more. I prepay print advertising annually, (not that it works anymore, but sellers still like it). I still use just listed/just sold postcards. My company provides a lot of marketing services at no cost to me, enhanced listings on Realtor.com, virtual tours, additional advertising etc. So I include everything that I can.

Look into the automated services included from your MLS provider, most of the providers offer a ton of stuff that most agents don't use. A lot of them are as simple as setting up an automated email and letting it work. So every listing gets a weekly or biweekly report automated by the MLS sent from you with traffic numbers etc.

Lastly make this marketing plan fit on one page, you don't want to overwhelm the seller, just let them know that you know what you are doing, and when you are doing it.
www.facebook.com/MissionValleyMTHomes

#412497 - 09/10/12 10:06 PM Re: How do you do listing appointments? [Re: REAddict]
REAddict Offline

Awesome! Thank you for the information. I definitely need to fine tune my plan a bit.

#426033 - 07/17/13 10:02 AM Re: How do you do listing appointments? [Re: REAddict]
KWCareers Offline

Loc: Worldwide
This is a really powerful recorded webinar with a top Keller Williams Realty agent sharing their powerful listing presentation: How To Create A Powerful Listing Presentation

#429843 - 10/31/13 09:01 PM Re: How do you do listing appointments? [Re: KWCareers]
Kabaly Offline

Loc: Australia
I would love to see any video links to listing presentations!

#429867 - 11/01/13 11:49 AM Re: How do you do listing appointments? [Re: REAddict]
niche Offline

Loc: Southern California
I love listing presentations! I walk the house a lone first. Then I sit with the sellers and ask them what their goals are. I rarely discuss myself or marketing as I don't feel it matters.

#435894 - 05/09/14 07:38 PM Re: How do you do listing appointments? [Re: REAddict]
arealtr Offline

Loc: California
I know there are many who will "prescribe" the best way to do a thing...but I think you should take your cue from the sellers, and follow their lead. IF they want to talk...talk. If they want to get down to brass tacks..get down with them. Be flexible and work with the clients you have. They are all different.

#444856 - 04/06/15 09:38 PM Re: How do you do listing appointments? [Re: arealtr]
Bay Area Brian Offline
Veteran Member

First of all the last two posters got it right. If there are other agents being interviewed, I liked to go in first or last. Price is always an important part, but the average seller doesn't care a fig about your wonderful brokerage or a dozen promises your not likely to deliver on.

Learn the different personality types and gear your presentation in that direction. My first goal is to find out about their situation, not tell them my office is number one and I am super agent.

For awhile I used to use getting the house sold is not a problem. The problem is there are some people that get involved who can help you a lot or can screw up what you want to do right from the beginning, so you will need to interview these people first and get them working with you and not against you, then I shut up.

Of course this was not my normal presentation but reserved for a certain type of seller. But they always blurted out well who are these people? I would look away and then look them in the eyes and say with a grin well I can tell you they are in this room right now. I couldn't believe how effective this opening was with a certain type. But it got them to focus on their job in selling the house and the best chance of getting top dollar When I came in the office with a new listing from this type of seller my broker would just shake his head, convinced that I could only get that listing if I offered to overprice it a lot.

Edited by Bay Area Brian (04/06/15 09:42 PM)

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Beni Restea, marry, MFCHomes, John ha, DennisMcD
30997 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (likearollinhome, estatereal, Obsf10), 38 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
OahuAgent 24
Z06Fanatic 23
realestategreat 16
Long Walk 12
CathCoy 11
Trouble 9
DangerRanger 8
T.T. 7
jn1204 5