Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Free Foreclosure Webinar

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28597998
No new orders today 13152886
Stupid MLS comments. 3367922
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1241441
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1110753
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1065304
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 854420
Let's talk about our cars 705845
Most common items found at an REO 630631
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 630026
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 621070
REOTRANS 468903
EML 459235
Main Street 452369
asset val seminar in colorado 427182
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 357938
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 333201
Evalonline 300210
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#425497 - 06/29/13 09:45 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Thunderstruck]
ramanda Offline

Loc: MA
Thanks Thunderstruck. Is that what you get is an appt every time you go out doorknocking? How many doors do you knock on? What is your contact ratio? Thanks! Have you really been doorknocking since the 60's? Wow!

Advertisements
#425499 - 06/29/13 10:38 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: ramanda]
Thunderstruck Offline

Loc: Townsville, Australia
Ramanda

I can knock on 350 plus doors per day, that is done in about 4 hours. My goal is always at less one appointment per day or I don't quit. If you start knocking start with a goal like 50 doors or so and work up, the hardest door is your own, getting out of it to prospect. My dear Mom (all of 5'1") taught me that way back then, she was great in sales and she took me with her. I remember her encouraging me to have a goal of 7 sales per week. What a Mom!

Edited by Thunderstruck (06/29/13 10:43 AM)

#425501 - 06/29/13 11:13 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Thunderstruck]
ramanda Offline

350 per day? Wow! You must live in an area where the houses are super close together. My area is more suburban/rural so i am lucky if the houses are on 1/2 acre lots. Do you phone prospect as well? What is your script when you are at the door? If they say they are thinking of moving how do you take it from there? That is great about your mom. I have taken my son along with me a couple of times -he is 12. I think it is good for him to see.

Also, i find the most difficult thing when i am out doorknocking is where to park my car! I feel so conspicous parking it right in front of someone's house so i always try to park in front of an area where there are only trees or a big fence. Sometimes i have so much trouble figuring out where to park my car that i don't end up knocking on that street! Am i the only one who thinks this way?

Edited by ramanda (06/29/13 11:24 AM)

#425506 - 06/29/13 11:49 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: ramanda]
Thunderstruck Offline

Don't you have any neighborhoods where they are closer? Work on your mind, park in front of their house. Word of caution, don't have your music blasting from your car, wait 'till your down the road to crank it up. That's great that your son goes with you, rock on ...Ramanda & Son!

#425508 - 06/29/13 11:56 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Thunderstruck]
ramanda Offline

That's funny because i never have my stereo on! Ever since i became a mom i gave up the loud radio blaring with the rock music. Used to drive around like that all the time years ago. THe only places which would be close together would be condos and townhouses. Single families are not that close.What is your script that you use? Do you just door knock or do you phone prospect as well?

Edited by ramanda (06/29/13 12:02 PM)

#425511 - 06/29/13 12:56 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
Thunderstruck Offline

I have used all sorts of scripts, however, I use Mike Ferry's scripts, by the way, I don't get anything from him for recommending him.

Ramanda, the scripts help us understand the clients needs and more. You can or should take the scripts with you. I have two sets of new flash cards with the scripts on them. If you are serious about getting really good, I would be happy to send one to you as a gift, just PM me. Also, what would really help you with the scripts is Mike Ferry's 0TP download, I still listen to it weekly.

Edited by Thunderstruck (06/29/13 12:58 PM)

#425676 - 07/03/13 07:55 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
Jerome Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Erik,

Good for you, buddy. I'm going to check out your blog. I did something similar. I kept the records and the stories, and then compiled it all and shaped into a novel. It's called AGENT. You can find it on Amazon. Knocking doors, I sure you know, is walking through humanity day after day. It can be funny. It can be touching. It can be horrifying. My novel talks about all this. Check it out; let me know what you think.

J. G. Redfern

#425677 - 07/03/13 10:32 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Jerome]
johnnyloans Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Los Angeles ,CA
Erik is not hear much anymore I think he went back to Insurance Sales.
Greater Los Angeles Area
www.PalmdaleRealestate.biz
Have Car Will Travel
For Those That Google JohnnyJamesBroker@gmail.com

#425954 - 07/15/13 02:04 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Thunderstruck]
adaleads Offline

Loc: Phoenix
Thunderstruck - My farm areas are newer homes (less than 15yrs old) and most have NO SOLICITING SIGNS built right into the stucco....about 70%.

You cant see it intil you get almost up the long sidewalk.

Do you skip those? Or Knock anyway??????

#425990 - 07/16/13 01:25 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: adaleads]
Thunderstruck Offline

Originally Posted By: adaleads
Thunderstruck - My farm areas are newer homes (less than 15yrs old) and most have NO SOLICITING SIGNS built right into the stucco....about 70%.

You cant see it intil you get almost up the long sidewalk.

Do you skip those? Or Knock anyway??????

I door knock them, give them some good news about the neighborhood, the housing market, the city, something up beat and have a big smile!

I will NOT go to a property where it is posted "No Trespassing" you could go to jail for that. I will say recently I went up a very long drive and noticed near the house it was posted "No Trespassing" the young man came out and was very - very nice! But, as a rule those are the only doors I won't go to "No Trespassing"

Edited by Thunderstruck (07/16/13 01:27 PM)

#426046 - 07/17/13 09:23 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Thunderstruck]
Noname Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Thunderstruck,

What kind of ratios have you gotten from door knocking. I'm starting to knock myself and I'm a bit curious as you seem to have a bunch of door knocking experience.

Thanks!

Karl Nielsen

#426078 - 07/17/13 05:20 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Noname]
Thunderstruck Offline

Originally Posted By: Karl N
Thunderstruck,

What kind of ratios have you gotten from door knocking. I'm starting to knock myself and I'm a bit curious as you seem to have a bunch of door knocking experience.

Thanks!

Karl Nielsen

The answer to your question varies based on different conditions. Over all though, per one hundred homes I can generate on average 1.8 listing appointments and 3 buyers. I am not after buyers, but they are there.

Since your just starting, keep track of your numbers, you want to see improvement within 6 months. After 5 years you will be a seasoned Pro. Think about this fact, most of the agents that are grossing at least $250.000.00 and up per year prospect as follows: 1. Past Client and Centers of influence 2. Expired listings 3. FSBO 4. Around Just Listed/ Just Sold which I call cold calling and a number of 'other sources'. With #1 thru #4 they are using the phone and door knocking.

Knocking on doors like the phone needs to be 5-5 1/2 days per week, no hit and miss stuff. You can start slow like 1 hour per day door knocking, then add to that. The first door is the hardest, your own, the second hardest is the first one in the neighborhood, from there it gets easier after that.

Put Mike Ferry's scripts on a full size clip-board and take it to the doors with you and ask those questions. Those questions are all about the prospect and not about you or me. HINT: Pay attention to their property, you will notice if they have children, they use a wheel chair, if they are religious, have a nice car...ect. A small positive comment first can start the stage for those questions on your clip-board.

One vital point 'Lucky' has mentioned several times and worth mentioning again is the value of following up on a lead like crazy.

Edited by Thunderstruck (07/17/13 05:21 PM)

#426234 - 07/23/13 12:21 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Thunderstruck]
Noname Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Thunderstruck,

On days where you have to show units to clients from 6pm-8pm and can't door knock. Do you door knock from 9am-11am in the morning? When do you usually knock?

I myself prefer to knock from 6-8pm weekdays and on weekends two hours of knocking before whichever open house I'm hosting using that open house as an intro to start chatting with them.

Thanks!

#426243 - 07/23/13 01:43 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Noname]
Thunderstruck Offline

Originally Posted By: Karl N
Thunderstruck,

On days where you have to show units to clients from 6pm-8pm and can't door knock. Do you door knock from 9am-11am in the morning? When do you usually knock?

I myself prefer to knock from 6-8pm weekdays and on weekends two hours of knocking before whichever open house I'm hosting using that open house as an intro to start chatting with them.

What are your goals for the rest of the year?

How many listings taken ____________?

How many listings sold ____________?

Your listings price range ____________?

From your goals you can make a decent workable business plan, however, one that makes you stretch. You can do it!

I don't work just any buyer, only past clients who are motivated and clients that I am selling their home, I will help them find another home to buy.

I phone prospect Monday from 8am thru 7pm and 8am to 12pm Tuesday thru Friday, Admin work after lunch go door knocking 2pm thru 3:30pm, then appointments 4pm thru 5pm. Two Saturdays I'll go to Expireds, Cancels, and FSBO, which I cherry pick.

My next goal is to have most all listing appointments in my office.

Plus...think about this, what will you do when the weather gets bad, and less day light?

Learn now to use the phone! Go ahead and door knock, but do both. Does that make sense.

Just to look at your picture, you seem like you could have the energy and smarts to earn over $1.000.000 per year, yes?

Thanks!

#426246 - 07/23/13 02:16 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Thunderstruck]
Thunderstruck Offline

Sorry how my reply ended up in the box.

Let me add this, when I first started going door to door all we had was rotary phones. Can you imagine how long it took to dial 100 numbers back then?

Also, there are days when one, including me just not does feel motivated enough to get on the phone, so then I'll go door knock.

Write this down and hang it in a number of places, I Karl prospects from 8am thru 12pm five days a week. No Excuses! Eighty percent of my working day will be prospecting. No Excuses Stop working with buyers.

Where do you think your results would be after 30 days?

Edited by Thunderstruck (07/23/13 02:18 PM)

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
rhea_re, Preferred Group, Will Jones, nis, karynmurphy
30249 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Advertisement

Top Posters (30 Days)
dotcom_agents 16
T.T. 14
Trouble 14
gitmonee 10
estatereal 10
Vermont 9
Mr. Clean 8
Tim Bizz 7