Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Free Foreclosure Webinar

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28598616
No new orders today 13152955
Stupid MLS comments. 3367973
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1241481
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1110907
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1065318
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 854439
Let's talk about our cars 705877
Most common items found at an REO 630688
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 630052
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 621124
REOTRANS 468912
EML 459235
Main Street 452398
asset val seminar in colorado 427184
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 357941
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 333301
Evalonline 300210
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#418782 - 01/21/13 05:47 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
NCPAT Offline

Loc: Raleigh NC
That's a shame it did not work for you Erik. I recently started door knocking. It seems like it could be very productive. I have been out about 6 times - two of those times were door knocking for an Open House. Here are my rough numbers -

- Open House - 100 doors - about 30% contacts every time - so about 30 contacts - 2 solid listing leads - so far 1 listing presentation - divorce so no decision yet - the other is about 2 months out right now. About 3 hours

- Knocked my neighborhood - 47 doors, 14 contacts, 3 leads. One I feel like I am in the lead when he decides to sell 3-12 months. Another not sure - might sell and buy, might rent and buy, another strong buyer lead - needs to sell a house in NY. About 3 hours

- Knocked my neighborhood - 56 doors, 16 contacts, 3 leads. 1 buyer lead, 1 seller (and buyer) lead - strong - we have had great dialogue - wife needs surgery then will probably list, 1 was a possible referral - that one died.

- Knocked for another Open House for a FSBO listing I have. The guy next door is a fsbo that I had talking to so knocking on his door helped the relationship, the very next door - old guy said he was moving - he knew who I was and pretty much said they were watching how I did on the listing 2 doors over. I had a killer Open House and generated a buyer and we are negotiating right now and $3,500 apart. 40 doors that day, 12 contacts, 1 lead. I was negotiating a contract while knocking doors that day and that neighborhood has 1 acre lots so a lot more exercise.

The last time I door knocked was Jan 10th. Since then it seems it has rained most days or I had something else.

I also go knock on 12-15 expired doors most saturdays - that's another thread.

Anybody else knocking? I want to own my neighborhood and a few more. I plan to hit about 3 neighborhoods quarterly and see how that goes.

Advertisements
#418792 - 01/21/13 09:16 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: NCPAT]
johnnyloans Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Los Angeles ,CA
Congrats Pat you are proof positive that door knocking is still working in some areas. Like Erik I found a lot of the upside down leads did not care much whether it went to foreclosure instead of doing a short sale.
Greater Los Angeles Area
www.PalmdaleRealestate.biz
Have Car Will Travel
For Those That Google JohnnyJamesBroker@gmail.com

#418814 - 01/22/13 06:54 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
NCPAT Offline

Loc: Raleigh NC
My neighborhood currently has one active listing - a short sale that will probably go to foreclosure. I figure somebody is going to list soon and it might as well be with me. Time will tell if this door knocking generates serious listings. Right now I have a lot of maybe's floating around.

#419093 - 01/25/13 09:12 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
ATXluxury Offline

Loc: TX
[quote=Erik Webster]I stopped door knocking in October of last year.

Heres what I ran into in the South Florida marketplace. I generated a TON of leads... I could get one or two soft leads knocking from 5:30 to 7:30 before daylight savings made me lose a hour of daylight.

I had about 20-30 decent leads in play. But the issue I kept running into is that they were upside down and either were going to ditch the property into forclosure or wanted to rent it in the hopes value would go up...which is different from listing it. The equity issues essentially messed up the process for me.

I still make over a grand a week selling health insurance by phone. It was disappointing... maybe I should have changed my marketing approach. Still have my RE license. If the market were balanced and not renting out homes it would make sense. Did several listing presentations, the owners puked when I gave them current prices vs. what they owed on it mortgage-wise.

erik.j.webster@gmail.com[/quote]

Why woudn't you cold call JL/JS instead of insurance? Surely you could make more money this way, no?

#422291 - 04/04/13 07:16 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
realtorinoc Offline

Loc: CA
What a great thread to read. Sad to see it didn't work for Erik though. I am in SoCal and have been door knocking, but only for two weeks. I have a team mate and we hit 100 doors 5 days a week. We are both new in the business, but understand door knocking should be a good way to get leads. So far we got two seller leads, although one has no equity, so have to wait and we'll see what happens to the other one. We also got a buyer lead. Not a whole lot, but we just started.

Also the doors we have been going to are around J/L homes and we are switching that starting next week and using Kevin Ward's turbo doors system, which is basically hit Expireds, FSBO's NOD's, Old Expires and Preview homes and door knock around those homes.

Anybody else is door knocking? As I mentioned, we are new, and have done a couple of open houses for other agents and got a few leads there, too and this weekend going to a swap meet to test that out as well.

Would love to see if anyone else is door knocking and compare notes of what's working and what not.

#425246 - 06/23/13 09:34 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
AbrahamWalker Offline

Loc: New Orleans, LA
Any update on Eric's progress?

Is anyone else door knocking at this time? I'm going to start a door knocking mastermind/accountability group and interested in hearing what worked for other agents.
I also host a hangout/group prospecting session every business day. It's free and open to participating real estate agents. Feel free to join in. Add me on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/108704430404581325066

#425251 - 06/23/13 11:20 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: AbrahamWalker]
Thunderstruck Offline

Loc: Townsville, Australia
Originally Posted By: AbrahamWalker
Any update on Eric's progress?

Is anyone else door knocking at this time? I'm going to start a door knocking mastermind/accountability group and interested in hearing what worked for other agents.

Door knocking works, just like the phone it's a numbers game! One has to be careful when conversing with people one doesn't stay tooooo long at their door. Have contracts in your car, you will get listings. The problem like the phone MOST people will not stay with it. But isn't that the way? Do what others won't do and you be special.

Edited by Thunderstruck (06/23/13 11:23 AM)

#425254 - 06/23/13 01:51 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Thunderstruck]
Stefanie Offline

Loc: South Florida
[quote=Thunderstruck][quote=AbrahamWalker]Any update on Eric's progress?

[/quote]

Door knocking works, just like the phone it's a numbers game! One has to be careful when conversing with people one doesn't stay tooooo long at their door. [b]Have contracts in your car, you will get listings[/b]. The problem like the phone MOST people will not stay with it. But isn't that the way? Do what others won't do and you be special. [/quote]

Thunderstruck, what do you do about pricing when you get listings on the spot? Do you just wing it? My broke recommends a 2 Step approach, where you come by and look at the house, then go home and prepare a CMA and then come back again for the actual listing presentation.

What do you think?

#425255 - 06/23/13 02:41 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Stefanie]
AbrahamWalker Offline

Loc: New Orleans, LA
Originally Posted By: Thunderstruck

Door knocking works, just like the phone it's a numbers game! One has to be careful when conversing with people one doesn't stay tooooo long at their door. Have contracts in your car, you will get listings. The problem like the phone MOST people will not stay with it. But isn't that the way? Do what others won't do and you be special.

Thanks for the encouragement. This is my thoughts exactly. No one likes to do it. So there's opportunity to dominate and prosper.

I will be cancelling my MOJO account @ the end of this week. Moving to strictly door knocking for the entire month of July. Looking to start an accountability group to keep me focused on my goals and brainstorm better techniques to increase efficiency.

Originally Posted By: Stefanie

Thunderstruck, what do you do about pricing when you get listings on the spot? Do you just wing it? My broke recommends a 2 Step approach, where you come by and look at the house, then go home and prepare a CMA and then come back again for the actual listing presentation.

What do you think?

I think you can get the listing agreement signed without knowing the price. Have them sign the documents knowing that you will come back to price the property correctly.
I also host a hangout/group prospecting session every business day. It's free and open to participating real estate agents. Feel free to join in. Add me on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/108704430404581325066

#425259 - 06/23/13 04:25 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: AbrahamWalker]
Thunderstruck Offline

Abraham
Your right you could get the contract filled out and signed and go back with a C.M.A. I have had people because of their situation wanted their property sold ASAP and I was there at the RIGHT time, therefore I filled the price in too. Why did I do that? Because, I had taken just a few minutes to look at the MLS before going door knocking. Additional, if the seller wanted more assurance, I called any preferred title company in their presents. What does sales training teach? When we have the momentum going...keep it going 'till all the i's and t's are crossed. Remember...ONLY WORK WITH MOTIVATED SELLER's WHO ARE HONEST WITH YOU. We all know pricing is not absolute, it can and does change day to day. But, for your sellers who have to sell what is better for them...over price it or underprice it? Which one will the buyer's respond to? What do you think?

#425263 - 06/23/13 06:05 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
Stefanie Offline

Loc: South Florida
Thanks, Abraham and thunderstruck. Both good ways to handle that issue.

I wish I could door knock more, but its just too hot at the moment down here...

#425470 - 06/28/13 09:01 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
Jerome Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Door knocking has been my bread and butter since I started selling real estate in 2001. I is a great way to generate leads and develop them into clients. It's also a great way to study humanity. I recently came across a genuinely funny real estate novel -- AGENT by J. G. Redfern. It's on Amazon. If you knock doors like I do, and want a little literary comradery and a lot of laughs about real estate, check out this guy's book.

Jerome

#425472 - 06/28/13 09:08 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: NCPAT]
Jerome Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
That's the way to work it! Door knocking has been my bread and butter since I started selling real estate in 2001. I is a great way to generate leads and develop them into clients. It's also a great way to study humanity. I recently came across a genuinely funny real estate novel -- AGENT by J. G. Redfern. It's on Amazon. It's all about door knocking. If you knock doors like I do, and want a little literary comradery and a lot of laughs about real estate, check out this guy's book.

Jerome

#425476 - 06/29/13 03:33 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Jerome]
ramanda Offline

Loc: MA
Hi Jerome,

You have a long successful history of doorknocking. Would you mind giving us more details of what you do? How many doors do you knock on per day? What time do you usually go? How many contacts at the door does it take you to get a listing on average? Do you reknock the same area a couple of times a year? Any helpful hints would be much appreciated. Thanks!

#425493 - 06/29/13 09:12 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: ramanda]
Thunderstruck Offline

Door knocking ... look see where homes are moving, go work that neighborhood. Keep tract of the not at homes and go back at a different time. Have this goal at less one appointment for the day.

Three things can happen at the door.

1. Buyer appointment

2. Seller appointment (yummy)

3. Referral

Plus when one of these becomes a client, give them GREAT service and watch them give you referrals.

What is Great Service. What do you say?

Been doing it since the 60s

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Diamond Concrete, OnTheDownload, weplanithk, prishtygroup, rhea_re
30253 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (Bernard, Z06Fanatic, OnTheDownload, AML, T.T.), 71 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Advertisement

Top Posters (30 Days)
dotcom_agents 16
T.T. 14
Trouble 13
gitmonee 10
estatereal 10
Vermont 9
Mr. Clean 8
Daniel1234 8