Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28527967
No new orders today 13144653
Stupid MLS comments. 3359480
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1235395
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1107862
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1062556
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 850839
Let's talk about our cars 702607
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 627801
Most common items found at an REO 625750
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 618279
REOTRANS 466633
EML 459235
Main Street 448993
asset val seminar in colorado 425480
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 356150
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 331640
Evalonline 300210
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407577 - 05/28/12 09:51 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Mike Burchyett]
Erik Webster Offline

Loc: Broward County, FL
You can easily do 30 contacts in 2.5 hours if you go knocking after 5:30pm.

Advertisements
#407594 - 05/29/12 08:28 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
ramanda Offline

Loc: MA
Hi Erik,

Does Ken Purdy follow the Mike Ferry 5-5-10- system? I want to hit a geographical area that is very popular with buyers and also has lots of turnover. The houses also tend to be newer which buyers like. I have an area in mind and wanted to hit it street by street following a map and then when i am done with the area just start over. I like the idea of going to the door of expireds the only problem is where i live i can use a lot of gas because they tend to be so far apart from each other in different towns. I find expireds don't even answer the door. Anyway, just curious as to what method Ken is using. I will be going out 2 days this week at least and will post my numbers after i go out. Glad to have a virtual door knocking buddy.

Edited by ramanda (05/29/12 08:52 AM)

#407605 - 05/29/12 11:36 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
Erik Webster Offline

No, he makes between 15-25 cold contacts a day at the door 4-5 times a week. He never works more than 40 hours a week. Just got his first assistant.

#407606 - 05/29/12 11:44 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
ramanda Offline

So he is just going to cold doors and does not do expireds?

#407609 - 05/29/12 12:08 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: ramanda]
Erik Webster Offline

yep

#407610 - 05/29/12 12:08 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
Erik Webster Offline

May 29th, 2012 - Day One

Today was my first day in the farm area. I made 17 contacts this morning in about 2 hours in the morning. Tomorrow on Thursday I am going to do my prospecting from 5:30-7:30 to get a better # of contacts.

I had to bend my schedule to do morning prospecting so I can do some work tonight with calling out for health insurance from my dialer at home.

When I go out tomorrow evening I should do about 30ish in 2 hours since more folks will be home. Also since summer is coming I will do better in the evenings since I won't have to deal as much with the kids at home for vacation messing with me at the door during the day.

Edited by Erik Webster (05/29/12 12:10 PM)

#407669 - 05/30/12 12:28 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
ramanda Offline

May 30, 2012. Day one for me. Got a late start and only did 1.5 hours and only made 3 contacts with one possible lead. Honestly it felt great to be outside walking around and talking to a few people at least. I am just not a phone person. I got over my initial fears and felt much more comfortable the more i walked. I felt like i accomplished something vs sitting in front of my computer fretting about who to call and not having much success. For those that are not home i leave a doorhanger.

#407679 - 05/30/12 03:33 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: ramanda]
Erik Webster Offline

Awesome smile

The best time is after 5pm to about 7:30pm. After 5 you should get 12-15 contacts a hour since folks are at home.

#407689 - 05/30/12 05:07 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: ramanda]
Mike Burchyett Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
[quote=ramanda]May 30, 2012. Day one for me. Got a late start and only did 1.5 hours and only made 3 contacts with one possible lead. Honestly it felt great to be outside walking around and talking to a few people at least. I am just not a phone person. I got over my initial fears and felt much more comfortable the more i walked. I felt like i accomplished something vs sitting in front of my computer fretting about who to call and not having much success. For those that are not home i leave a doorhanger. [/quote]

Great job!! They key is consistency. Don't make this a once in a while thing. Door knock 2-3 hours every day, and you'll be amazed at the results in 90 days. Keep it up!

#407697 - 05/30/12 05:54 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
Erik Webster Offline

May 30th 2012 - Day Two

15 Doors qualified in about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Had a good conversation with one lady who may be moving back to be with her kids in Alabama. I am going to send her a handwritten note tonight then touch base in a week with the package.

Next Monday I am going to add in Expired listings. Its a pretty simple search in the MLS to see if they have relisted.

I am thinking of how I am going to approach the Expired listings. I am going to hit them the day they get off the MLS for sure. I am thinking of taking my pre-listing package and having a shorter version of it, like 3-4 pages, double sided in color. I will use the standard Mike Ferry "When do you plan on hiring the right agent for the job of selling your home?" Expired pitch. I looked at the Floyd Wickman, Matthew Ferry, and Bob Fitzgerald versions of the Expired pitch and I think for door to door purposes the Mike Ferry version fits best.

Then I will do the handwritten note and then do a follow up 3-4 days later with market updates saying "Did you know that X number of homes sold last month here in (City)?" Most likely if I hit them once a week they should start to fold quickly into my pipeline.

#407699 - 05/30/12 05:59 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
ramanda Offline

Thanks Erik! I am working around my mom schedule and am going in the morning for now. Once the kids are out of school i will be going at the 5:30 time. I just feel so much better than as you say calling the same list of expireds and fsbo's that lots of other realtors are calling too. Competition is one thing but calling these people along with 100 other people just stinks.

#407700 - 05/30/12 06:00 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Mike Burchyett]
ramanda Offline

Thanks Mike! Do you doorknock too? Yes i plan to keep it up. It is the first form of prospecting that actually makes me feel like i am accomplishing something vs always worrying about the DNC list.

#407701 - 05/30/12 06:16 PM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: ramanda]
Mike Burchyett Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I don't yet, but will start tomorrow. I'm following the Mike Ferry 90-day productivity plan, which calls for phone calls for 3 hours in the morning, then visiting some combination of 4 expired or FSBO doors in the afternoon, and I'm starting that tomorrow.

I can tell you almost no-one is door knocking, they're resorting to mail to reach expired listings. You won't have much competition if you can visit each expired listing the day it expires, especially if it doesn't have a phone number. I might also look back 6-12 months to see if there are any other expired listings around where you will be door knocking....the script is pretty similar, and there is no competition on those either.

#407731 - 05/31/12 07:22 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
Erik Webster Offline

Mike is correct. About 20-30% of folks will usually relist with the same Realtor. From what I have seen over the last decade is that many folks will bomb the heck out of those with phone #s. The balance is usually mailed out... a few brave ones may even drop off something at the door step before they run off.

The ability to go to the door and asking the questions "When are you interviewing the right agent for the job of selling your home?" straight up takes courage when looking a person in the eye. It also takes courage to come back 2-3 days later with some market information with solds in their area if they told you "NO" the first time. It takes iron lumps of fortitude to stop by weekly until you either "book em or burn em" as they say.

In our country of 300+ million people and 1.2 million Realtors as of last year.. like... if at most... maybe... less than 300-500 actually have the nerve to do that. The Ferry Org has like 10,000 customers and like 1,500 folks in the Facebook group.. and even among the hardcore its considered to be rare.

I asked the RED/X rep about going door to door about 6 weeks ago before I cancelled my subscription (if you are going to the door you dont need #s, just pull their info off MLS/Tax). He said he didn't know any of his Realtor customers who did that. Most called, some mailed, they may occasionally drop in if its down the street or something... but he wanted to know the numbers and percentages if I did it.

So you will be a rare bird indeed smile

Edited by Erik Webster (05/31/12 07:33 AM)

#407749 - 05/31/12 10:55 AM Re: Daily door knocking activity for you to view [Re: Erik Webster]
Thunderstruck Offline

Loc: Townsville, Australia
Eric

You have seen Michael of Century 21 Masters,I think? Didn't he in one video mentions 1/3 of their business comes from door knocking? For me I have found about 30% or are home during the day in new neighborhood much less are home. I don't know about you but for me it's the first door. By far most people are very nice, for different reasons it's that one nutty or unkind person that we think about. Here is one true fact that you will find when you knock on the same doors several times over a short span of say two to three months, people will get to know you. Your no longer a stranger! Most people will respect you, because they KNOW it's not easy to go knock on a stranger's door. If you learn to do enough of it probaby you will here people tell their respect for you having the guts to do it. As you know since you are a professional, people's lives and needs change all the time, right? When you door knock to also knock at Listed Properties? Just a thought, if you would, why not ask those folks where they are moving to. If it's out of the area, ask them if they would be offended if you referred them to a top agent? Then go call that local board and ask for the top ten agents...ect. It's surprising how many agents DON'T capitalize on the full potental of their clients. I don't know YOUR numbers, but let's say you are going to cover 500 home (example) in one month, ok? How many are listed in those 500? How many will not sell? Could you by your professional influence relist these homes? Did I mean solicit them NO! But what's wrong with dropping a name of someone you've helped sell their home? If people don't know you, most folks don't like being trailblazers, that why you drop a name of a happy client. Hope it helps.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
CShaw, kmajors, alen111, deanne, Cupcakes
30194 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 25 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 19
Trouble 17
Mr. Clean 10
estatereal 10
Z06Fanatic 10
T.T. 9
newagent2028 7
HChomat 7
Big Kahuna 5